A new Beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klanger

Those that are within the tavern hear a cultured voice rose as if addressing an underling or vassal. The sound comes from the last room in the back of the tavern. The room usually reserved for the nobility or for those with a deep pouch. The conversation goes on for some time. Finally the room is quiet. Several minutes go by before the door to the room swings open. The Colonel of the Home Guard steps out. His face is flushed and he takes a moment to adjust his gear, looking around the area with a look of distain, and promptly leaves.
A figure emerges from the darkened corner opposite the door and moves forward. The female dwarf is none other than Karina Rune carver wife of Klanganor Runecarver. As she is reaching for the door she is bathed in light as it opens. Emerging from the room is none other than her husband. She is taken aback by the strange look on his face. They exchange a few words in low tones and make their way into the tavern proper.
Both dwarves scan the tavern as if searching for someone or thing. Within seconds they apparently locate the person they are searching for and head to the large fireplace where a solitaire figure is seated. The figure is covered in rich furs and an aura of power radiates from him. The figure is none other than Mobeus the Mage.
``Greetings friend, mind if I pick your brain for a few moments`` Klanganor asked the Mage, throwing himself in the seat across from Mobeus. Kaina nods towards Mobeus and quietly seats across from the two males.
``Anytime Klanger anytime`` Mobeus looks to Kaina ``what has he done now my dear``, he asked Kaina with a twinkle in his eye. They both share a smile while Klanganor looks less than amused.
``It would seem that I have….erred in my dealings with your kind`` Klanganor states gruffly. A look of amused curiosity appears on Mobeus’s face. ``How so Klanger``, the Mage asked.
``Well in case you missed overhearing my wee chat with the Colonel, it would seem that my actions of late, have caused some concern for my new commanding officer``. Klanganor states.
“Go on my friend” Mobeus asked.
“Well let me see if I can summarize my chat with the Colonel. Let’s see now”, Klanganor raises one hand and starts to count off, “I’m too aggressive, argumentative, stand offish, rude” need I go on the dwarf states looking expectantly at his friend and wife. Laughter erupts from the pair.
“Not you Klanger" they state in unison, more laughter ensues. Klanganor looks at both of them with a glare and asked “Are you two through yet”. After a few more chuckles both look at the surly dwarf and Mobeus comments “and…”
“Well then he said I have to be more….approachable, likeable, open to feedback. I’m a dwarf I said. He was not amused I can tell you”. Klanganor leans into them and states, “He said that my job is to serve the King AND the Crown. The crown he said is represented by the people as well. Now in our lands all dwarves obey the edicts of the Thane regardless. He goes on to say that in this kingdom we must EARN the respect of the peoples so that they serve the crown. I was floored I tell you friend. I need your help Mobeus I truly do. This kingdom MUST succeed and I am here to ensure that so I must adapt. What say you friend will you help me”
Mobeus nods his head in a sagely manner, “Come my friends we have much to discuss.” The three friends rise together and leave the tavern.

Just FYI. While I love the IG chat, players MUST avoid "dialog" between themselves and other characters. The other characters MUST do the responding to ensure it is their "words" and not hearsay

OOG: David asked my permission to use my name and likeness for this conversation, which I also was able to read over prior to submission. In the future, it is better to coordinate it so it comes up naturally rather then as a story like this. I suggest the same for anyone else doing this. Thanks! :)

OOG: Thanks for the clarification guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back