A new threat awakens

Lech

Artisan
Adventures,

It has been a long year and while some aspects of our lives are settling down or improving, others are not.
I'm here to inform you of the not improving.

There is a new threat that has awoken from Anret. A race of Primordial creatures that I'm calling, for now, the Cucurbitas. They are a race of pumpkin, squash, gourdish creatures that at one point in time work with the Oathsworn in Prademar. They originally held the mantle of The Great Hunt. The dragons put this race to sleep and the Mantle went into a Fae. Well, they are now awake and looking for the mantle back. Their first task was to destroy any written information on them. So they attacked the 2 great libraries. One at the Valarian Tower and the one in The Ternian Empire. The Valarian Guardians not wanting a war with them, gave them their book. A group of adventures engaged a group of these creatures at the Ternian Empire Library. Most of their number fled after they believed they destroyed what they came for. One stayed behind...

Here is what we know about them. They are tough. Their outer "Rind" is really tough. Like really really tough. Curses and Commands had no effect on it. Bindomancy had an alternate effect on them. These creatures attacks normally were not the worst. Similar to a first circle evocation spell. But then its swing became ugly. Dealing an eviscerating amount of damage with odd poisons or magic spewing force. Some would make you berserk, or sleep, or stay away from it. The worst were the ones that would make you forget what you were doing or have a euphoric effect. After a long fight, ending in a good old blade circle beat down, the creature was downed, but started to regenerate almost immediately. If it wasn't for a little stored nature magic that blew the creature up, I'm not sure what would have happened. It left behind several large seeds. Which I'm told if they are ingested will, in a short span of only 2 days, turn eater of said seed into one of these Cucurbitas.

We do know that there are 100.... Make that 99 of them in the world.

Current an Oathsworn High Shaman is looking into a better way, or an easier way of dealing with these things other then just giving them what they want.

I'm just making sure people are aware of this new threat.

Baron Foss Fairfax

Sounds like pumpkin pie, butternut soup, and stuffed acorn squash is in our future.

Ignathis

Baron Foss, Thanks for the heads up. You mentioned there was a little stored nature magic that blew the creature up. Could you elaborate on this?

I know Migs has been in the Great Library of the Valorian Sarr, does anyone know if he or any of the other scholars that have worked there may have perhaps come across any information about them during research that they remember or have transcribed?

Also, do we know it's safe to eat their non-seed flesh? Because I don't want anyone turning into a giant murder-pumpkin if any adventurers get enthusiastic about cooking up their remains.

- Cupbearer Auryn

From the little I've gathered. There was only the one book in the Valarian Library. And the Sarr gave it up.
I don't know if the guts of the pumpkin are safe but. It's guts of a monster who's seeds turn people into monsters. So I'd go with not eating it.

As for the nature magic. It was a little bit saved in the nature amulet from the drakes. The amulet was used to explode the creature. The energy has been used up and not sure if or when it will recharge.

If you have any other questions. Please ask.

Baron Foss

Back