A question about dhe Laws

I were wondering eef Romani (gypsies as commonly called) could be claimed as property under dhe Laws of Wayside and Briarpass.

I ask dhis question out of curiosity of our legal standing (or lack there of) in Briarpass. In Valdanis, for instance, eet eez against dhe Law to keep such sentient beings as goblins or kobolds as pets or in a form of forced labor or to teach them skills such as magic. Since in Briarpass we have similar standings as kobolds or goblins, I were wondering if dhe laws such as dhis applied to us as well as Romanichal are without a doubt sentient.

Pleasant Dreams And A Better Tomorrow,

~Marcena Cenkraea "The Dove" Idumea Dagon

I don't know much about da laws, but the idea of equating Gypsies, or even kobolds with goblins is preposterous. Ders nothing good about those little green vermin.

-Durl

Lurin said:
I don't know much about da laws, but the idea of equating Gypsies, or even kobolds with goblins is preposterous. Ders nothing good about those little green vermin.

-Durl

Durl,

You of all people shouldn't mock a race of beings for being green...

...as for the gypsies... that's one matter to just stay out of. Let the GFW do what they will. Trying to convince them otherwise only brings more violence.

Marc, chere, you got to stop dreamin' such t'ings. You be keepin' Ol' Raif up nights plenty thinkin' such nonsense.

Course, if it ain't bein' nonsense, you be lettin' me know, y'hear? You don't know what violence be until you tell me where d'ere be people sellin' and keepin' Romani.

Stoneskull_Rockfist said:
Let the GFW do what they will. Trying to convince them otherwise only brings more violence.

While the most honored elders of your kind were being turned into undead. While you were cursed and the fate of hundreds lay upon its removal. Romani man and woman stepped up to care for you and your kind. When asked by your Regent, the Honorable Effram Rockfist, to beseech citizenship, Romani were the first to drop and swear. We were denied for some reason. I know nye why, but Effram was a wise man and certes he had him reasons.

The man who risked him life for you and for us all, my own grandfather, was killed by what the GFW "willed". You know Death, Stoneskull. You know loss. Your baby brot'er. My baby brot'er. Your fat'er. My fat'er. Your familia. Mine as well. We shared a cell and feared for the same reprocussions under dhe Law. The only difference was dhat you would have had a trial. You would have been treated as a person. But we were equal for dhose moments, High Orc. We were equal.

Do you deny dhis now dhat you are safe at home?

Do you deny our personhood, Stoneskull?

What do you t'ink would have happened if I had nye called upon mi opa and simply said "It's dhe High Orc's problem".

Am I really all alone?

I have lost too much to let this injustice stand. We all have. There is nye a Romani alive who would nye. If the GFW remains unconvinced, fine. They are as welcome to their opinions as anyone. But if the error of their ways are nye corrected, their errors seen as murder...then you are just asking for violence. We are a people with nothing to lose in your lands, Stoneskull. I fear that insurgency shall result if a people are oppressed for too long. It shall be Old Leonato all over again.

Dhis is nye a t'reat for all who would perceive it as such. It is dhe fears of a weary Roma girl.

May Fortune And Love Find You Where'er,

We aint killed non of you scum yet! Yall are the ones took mah pa away to get him ta shut up... yall are de opresors. Yar so proud of how you wont shut up Well it takes more than takin mah pa away ta quiet the movement... yall are responsible for all these problem... yall think "helping" yourselves to our lands after "clearin up" some curse dat you either made up or put on the land yourselves? nah we ain't just stupig Gage or whatever you've been calling the simple folk who work for living for years... your cumeupance is commin... dat murderin MWE and her bloody Elf do gooder ain't always gunna be round ta save your sorry hide.... thats right... GFW won't stand for gypsies USING these lands, then insulting the folk that live and die here... and we ain't fooled by your cryin wolf at the first sign of problem ya'll can't handle.

Its time for change! join the GFW and clean up wayside...!

Josh Tatcher!

You have nye?

Anyvay...has eet nye occured to anyone dhat dhis eez exac'ly what whoe'er put dhis curse on dhe lands would want? Romani verus everyone else. It is chaos is what it is. Dhe creature dhat did dhis. It feeds on it. Craves madness. Dhe more we fight amongst ourselves dhe more powerful it gets. Turn your anger out of doors and use it to help us stop dhe real problem.

I shall admit dhat it probably is (or was) a gypsy. But is nye me. It is nye my brot'ers or my sisters.

Know dhis, Goodman T'atcher.

He is mad. He is tainted. He is older dhan dhe Land of Briarpass. He shall stop at not'ing to see us all his slaves. Gypsy or Gorgio. We shall be equal one day...but nye in dhe way eit'er of us want if it is dhe case I fear so much.

Pleasant Awakenings For All Dreamers,

Stay Safe And Trouble Be Naught,

Maxondaerth said:
Marc, chere, you got to stop dreamin' such t'ings. You be keepin' Ol' Raif up nights plenty thinkin' such nonsense.

Course, if it ain't bein' nonsense, you be lettin' me know, y'hear? You don't know what violence be until you tell me where d'ere be people sellin' and keepin' Romani.

No one's selling and keeping Gypsies.

Marcena just likes to provoke the GFW, and then hide behind other adventurers, expecting us to protect her. If the GFW comes for Marcena, I will get out of their way. Talking to them does nothing. They weren't violent until one of theirs was openly provoked and taunted by Marcena.

Just leave 'em be. As Hennessey would say - "The Free Peoples' of Wayside have the right to say as they choose, and believe as they choose". Well, as long as they don't taint the land. Otherwise, you're just inviting a fine from the magistrates for inciting violence.

Marcena,

I ask you this, now. Publicly. Do not call me "High Orc". I will not tolerate it.

No one's selling and keeping Gypsies.

Is nye a matter of whet'er dhey are or nye. Is a matter of whet'er under dhe laws, dhey could or nye. Dhis is why is a question to dhe Magistrata or dhe new Regent Firstborne and nye an open forum for an attack on Romanichal.

Marcena just likes to provoke the GFW, and then hide behind other adventurers, expecting us to protect her. If the GFW comes for Marcena, I will get out of their way. Talking to them does nothing. They weren't violent until one of theirs was openly provoked and taunted by Marcena.

Dhis exuses dheir actions, dhen? Someone, say, urinating on dhe corpse of your fallen commrade would nye invoke dhe same reaction from your people? I admit to being too rash and too outspoken. Would you blame yourself for all the torment put upon Greenskins in any Land? Or would you rat'er blame dhose who set fire to dheir homes and culled dheir flesh?

I speak now in dhe spirit of dhe Law and wishing to know what should be privvy to all who traipse through Wayside. Dhis should be a simple enough request, but I fear dhat it has gone on far too long.

Just leave 'em be. As Hennessey would say - "The Free Peoples' of Wayside have the right to say as they choose, and believe as they choose". Well, as long as they don't taint the land. Otherwise, you're just inviting a fine from the magistrates for inciting violence.

We are nye "free peoples", Garmok. Eef we were, I would nye have asked my question in dhe firs' place.

I did nye say dhat dhe GFW were nye free to have dhe t'oughts and dhe beliefs dhat dhey want. Do I find dhem offensive? Aye. Dhere eez nye denying dhis.

But dhis dreamt'read has not'ing at all to do wit' dhe GFW.

Marcena,

I ask you this, now. Publicly. Do not call me "High Orc". I will not tolerate it.

You have ne'er told me what your race is called. You have always refered to yourself wit' great pride "high orc". You have always called me and my kind "gypsy" when you know dhe term is "Romani". I shall ne'er call you "high orc" out of dhis respect, but what is it dhat you call your race?

Wit' Fortune And Love In Every Dark Place,

Marcena,

You've missed my point completely. I'm not even going to bother anymore.

Maybe you should use flash cards and short words, like we do when explaining things to your kind, greenskin. Or you could perhaps make your actual point and stop irritating all the other dreamers in these lands with your girlish contrariness.

-Shin

Wraith said:
Maybe you should use flash cards and short words, like we do when explaining things to your kind, greenskin. Or you could perhaps make your actual point and stop irritating all the other dreamers in these lands with your girlish contrariness.

-Shin

Shin,

I don't even think flash cards would help her.

Back