A Question Of Construction

So- we need twelve people to sacrifice a piece of their spirit to build the new, permanent prison that will hold Cazzyk forever, as well as a caster to likely perm in the making. But with what I’ve heard about the last prison and how it was broken, it raises some logistical questions.

The last prison was broken when three people were murdered, whose spirits had formed the previous prison. That implies that when a participant dies- permanently or merely resurrecting, I don’t know that yet- that the prison is weakened. Which means that either the lives of a few mortal beings is a pretty fragile building material- even if you were to choose sacrifices purely by longevity, keeping your vic- volunteers to elves and the like- or that those who were chosen the first time were either immensely sheltered, or immensely resilient, to last as long as they did as pillars of the working. And even if rendered immortal so long as the prison remained intact, the prison itself is inherently vulnerable to the deaths of its underpinnings. Whom everyone will know. And whose profession is inherently dangerous, should they continue on that path after participating.

It continues to confuse me that we rail against certain methods as immoral, and then turn around and employ them ourselves- but in this instance my only complaint is that if we’re going to be performing blood magic, and this being exactly that- shouldn’t we make sure that the sacrifice of our morals is worth the price?

Because otherwise we’ve killed thirteen people for a mere stop-gap measure.

-Mordagh

Chief Gorge commands, and we obey
over the hills and far away

I agree. It seems to me that we are re-creating a ritual because we are certain it will work, but there are four not insignificant problems:
It may not work.
It may not work for long, because the life of an adventurer is an infamously short one.
It is intensely immoral.
We have several incredibly skilled ritualists. Can we not invent a new ritual with the same goal? Is that not worth pursuing?

-Joe, the Merchant

Just a note for those new here - the dreaming isn't private. Anyone and everyone can see what you dream - including Kaz'ik. Be aware. Don't be an idiot.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Eric

If this is the only way The Devourer can be stopped, then he has already taken this into consideration, and has prepared accordingly.

A discussion here does not change that fact. In fact, the lack of open discussion, here in The Dreaming AND at Market Days, has been the lead cause of a lot of problems in Wayside.

THAT is why we can't have nice things.

Biff Sterling, Adventurer... AT LAARGE!!!

Because Kazi'k can listen to our dreams here. So everyone needs to stop talking about it here.

Foss

Last edited:
Back