A question of wolves

So, anyway, thee I was and there were thesespiders, right? All made of copper. Kind of normal spiders, really, except that they were metal and they cast magic? We managed to stop them coming in, except that Dimitri? Yeah, he died. Body reformed, too. Didn't really know him too well, but he was willing to put himself in danger for a young adventurer we met that day, so I guess he wasn't all that bad a guy. His body was delivered to the Guard, since he was a lieutenant and all.

So yeah, wierdest thing about the day? This silver wolf comes lunging out of this circle, eats the spiders, ignores us (well, we were kind of playing dead... all except the new adventurer who was bound and determined to save us by sacrificing himself and making a distraction. Had to do a bit of first aid on him.). Now, when I say it was silver? It was *silver*. The metal.

Now, Dimitri told me about thesecircles a bit. Seems they lead to a land where everything is dead. Not undead, just dead. I'd like to know more Anyone having any information on this, I'd like to see that the good Lieutenant didn't die in vain. This has the air of something needs solving anyway.

Anyone?

Rupert Bandenelli

Dimitri is dead?...It's not what I expected. I would not call him a friend, but I did find respect for him I will light a torch for him this night.

These spiders, were they hollow inside?

Dave;18070 said:
So, anyway, thee I was and there were thesespiders, right? All made of copper. Kind of normal spiders, really, except that they were metal and they cast magic? We managed to stop them coming in, except that Dimitri? Yeah, he died. Body reformed, too. Didn't really know him too well, but he was willing to put himself in danger for a young adventurer we met that day, so I guess he wasn't all that bad a guy. His body was delivered to the Guard, since he was a lieutenant and all.

So yeah, wierdest thing about the day? This silver wolf comes lunging out of this circle, eats the spiders, ignores us (well, we were kind of playing dead... all except the new adventurer who was bound and determined to save us by sacrificing himself and making a distraction. Had to do a bit of first aid on him.). Now, when I say it was silver? It was *silver*. The metal.

Now, Dimitri told me about thesecircles a bit. Seems they lead to a land where everything is dead. Not undead, just dead. I'd like to know more Anyone having any information on this, I'd like to see that the good Lieutenant didn't die in vain. This has the air of something needs solving anyway.

Anyone?

Rupert Bandenelli

Hollow? I didn't really look at their insides. Looked at their victims, though. They digest everything but hair and bone... that includes metal. Cae up from coppery pools we had to cover to stop them coming through. Kind of reminded me of something I saw a while back involving tar-men, but that's another tale.

Rupert.

No one seen anything like this, huh? Ah, well. Guess I'll just forge on ahead and take a look. Anyone wanting to join me, I was thinking about heading out in about 2 weeks from this Saturday... Yeah, I know it's a ways off but it seems the military decided they wanted to not let me retire... again.

Rupert

Monsieur Rupert,

First off, it is good to hear that you are doing well. I hope you stay safe and as retired as events allow.

It is sad to hear about Dimetri. While I have not known him long, he proved a stout and able fellow and one I was proud to have by my side. Might I inquire who is taking care of the funeral arrangements? He was not from a local Romani tribe and the Dayeva should be contacted about this if no kin come forward to take responsibility.

-Polare

Hmm... well, this man was no Gypsy so I am guessinkg we are talking about different folk. This one was an officer in the military, and seemed to be human. The military has him and his belongings at this point.

Rupert, I am curious if your expedition occurred. Did you find more spiders or wolves? If so, what more have you learned?

-Aziraphel

Aziraphel;18220 said:
Rupert, I am curious if your expedition occurred. Did you find more spiders or wolves? If so, what more have you learned?

-Aziraphel
winter's been hard and col. Seems people haven't been wanting to stick their heads out and their necks on the line. Given how much trouble we had with just a few of these things with 3 of us? Not looking to die sooner than is necessary, you know? If anyonw wants to investigate them with me, I'll be happy to join you.

Rupert, it will be a couple more months before I can make it back there, for I must stay where I am throughout the Spring thaw. however, if when I return to the Crossroads no further expeditions have been made, then perhaps we can put one together.

-Azirpahel

Back