A quiet campfire

Elly jumps a little at the sound, hastily stuffing the parchment back into the leather case. She looks more flustered than usual. "Sorry, Gen, didn't see you there. Hope I didn't bother you. All the noise, you know."

A quiet figure leaning against a tree a ways back in the darkness takes in the performance. His mind wanders off to lands far away. A ritual mark that had been on him as long as he could remember fades away. Fitting it should happen now he thought.

Last edited:
Genevra pauses and turns back, stepping into the light to smile reassuringly at her friend.
"Never think you're an imposition, Elly! I love music and that was beautiful, but I'm not familiar with the song. Is it from Brighton, or do you have songwriting talents you haven't told me about yet?"

She laughs lightly. "Oh no, it's something I remember from Brighton. I remember writing it down some years ago to add to the repository. Though talking to others here, it almost seems as if it was written about Parson's Breach." She shrugs. "Could be about any dragon, I suppose... I do wonder what the others have been up to. Perhaps they've managed to finish Culdranth already," she chuckles.

"Can't say I would be upset if they had! Our first encounter with a dragon wasn't the smoothest encounter. Don't be afraid to share other songs from the repository, maybe ones about some fools getting lost in the woods and stumbling into a war."

The figure not wanting to intrude any further sinks backward into the dark forest. Such walks would be the end of him one of these days. Twigs snap under his boot as he leaves.

Elly shakes the leather tube in her hand. "Oh, there's a few. Since the fire, it's been an awful lot easier to transcribe songs I remember rather than books. I'm a bit short on 'lost in the woods' songs, but let's see..." She spends a moment thumbing through the various papers and parchments. "Songs about war, yes, few of those... ooh, this one's about a ghost ship, Myrdin would appreciate that," she laughs. She carefully places them back into the case. "It's just... good to remember. Good to keep the library going, in such a state as it is."

Back