A report on the Aquavian Cabal

Auryn

Artisan
A note is posted to the town board of Atupal as follows:

In the wake of learning about the Tidewalker and the Aquavian Cabal situation, I did my best to traverse the area in search of any more information about him and his condition in hopes of finding a cure for his condition after last market weekend.

Since the Tidewalker's proclamation and attack he seems to be keeping a low profile, but I've caught wind of a variety of different attacks on the common populace all across Gavaria being made by people matching the Aquavian Cabal’s description. The Cabal followers apparently show up somewhere, create a small portal from the ocean with which to summon water and Sahuagin to attack and/or drown innocent civilians nearby, then use the portal to flood the area once any opposition is neutralized.

None of these aforementioned portals are as large, powerful, or stable as the one The Tidewalker created - these minor portals seemingly require the full, unbroken attention of two Cabal members & are destroyed as soon as the ones creating it are disrupted - but they are nonetheless very problematic.

If that wasn’t bad enough, the numbers of the Aquavian Cabal do seem to be growing following each attack. Rumors have reached my ears that if the Aquavian Cabal drowns someone and they successfully resurrect, they reform in the circle cursed, water streaming from their eyes and brainwashed to aid the Cabal in its endeavors.

The cursed people seem to still be themselves underneath, though, and I feel reasonably confident that the condition is not necessarily permanent. How exactly to break it, however, is not immediately clear. It might be prudent to get ahold of one of the cursed individuals and see what we can determine from there.

The Tidewalker must be similarly cursed, but he seems to be far more entrenched in it than the typical Aquavian. I hold out hope that a cure can be found for him, but it might prove difficult.

In Service to Gavaria,
Margrave Auryn Fairhorn

Last edited:
Margrave Auryn Fairhorn,

Thank you for these words! I do not know if I should encourage the hope that I feel when I heard them. I will most likely miss this upcoming market as I continue to try and learn more on what turned Tommy into the Tidewalker. I have failed to find much about my brother except for now. Last summer when I saw his face on a wanted poster I did not believe it could truly be my twin. He really is so smart and curious, always having a new game to play and wanted to change the world for the better... The gold I have spent and trips I have taken continue to make me no closer to a cure to free him.

At the last market around the midday meal I was a part of a battle where I saw these portals at use and when we broke the two away from holding up the portal, the monster parade stopped. We grabbed one of the Aquavian Cabal members and tried a simple slavery antidote and it seemed to have no effect. Therefore, this news that moving through the circle has brought people back to themselves is priceless. Thank you.

I am following a few leads on some of the places The Tidewalker apparently frequented before he became who he is now. I am dismayed to discover that all of them are abandoned and completely flooded with salty seawater by the time I arrived. It seems that the Aquavian Cabal targeted these places quickly and decisively, and I got the distinct impression from the damage done that the attacks were personal. The locations look ravaged and decimated, as if The Tidewalker vindictively destroyed these places with vengeful intent rather than just the simple mass floodings occurring elsewhere. If you hear of any other places like this, try and warn them!

I have been met with suspicion if anyone recognizes me for my connection with Tommy so I need help. I need help of other adventurers that may be told things I cannot learn. If anyone learns more, please let me know and I will be in your debt. Tommy is ... very good at getting his way. He has a record of achieving his goals... please be careful.

Thank you,
Tuli, the mediocre sister

PS
On a more positive note; I have come across someone who has become a friend and ally. I look forward to introducing you all to her soon.

Tuli,

Your phrasing "Therefore, this news that moving through the circle has brought people back to themselves is priceless." is technically incorrect, unfortunately.

I was stating that the curse is gained by being killed by a member of the Cabal and successfully resurrecting in a circle. As in you come back cursed/brainwashed, if you come back at all.

Sorry,
Auryn

Oh,

Well Flying Fairy Wings!

Still, a curse is a curse. And we need to figure out how to free them! Tommy was the magic user of the family. I’m counting on magic users to help me and all of Gavaria with this!

Back