A Request of Master Quynn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Approaching the front desk Tengu waits until others have completed their business and, seeing a pause in her work, approaches. "Greetings Nana," he says with a nod of respect. "If she is available I would request a meeting with Master Quynn."

The old woman looks at you with a smile and says "Hello Tengu. Let's see if she is available." She sends a messenger to find Master Quynn. The youth runs up the wide staircase at the back of the hall. After a several moments, he returns.

"Master Quynn is in." he says. At her nod, he resumes his previous task.

Turning to you, she says "I trust you know the way?" as she gestures to the same staircase you saw the messenger run up moments ago. You head up the stairs and shortly reach the third floor, where the usual attendant sits behind her small table.

"Ah Tengu, you are here to see Master Quynn I am told. She is in her study I believe. Do you know the way?" she asks as she gestures down the curved passageway to the left.

With a slight bow Tengu responds, "I have rarely been through this area before, only on a rare occasion to speak with the Fatespinner. Which room would be her study?"

She nods at you and says "Follow me". Leading down the left hall you come shortly to an open door, knocking politely on the frame she says "Master Quynn, Tengu is here to see you."

"Of course, do come in." a soft voice says from within.

Giving a word of thanks to the attendant Tengu enters the study and, with a deep bow, addresses the Master. "Greetings Master Quynn, and to you Archimedes," he begins with a nod to the Master's constant companion. "I hope that the day finds you well."

Looking up from the book in front of her, Master Quynn smiles. "Greetings. Please sit." She motions to a nearby chair, Archimedes blinks and looks at you. "Tell me, what can I do for you today youngster?" Master Quynn asks as she turns in her chair to face you, giving you her full attention.

Taking a seat Tengu begins. "I have a couple of matters which I wished to consult with you on. First and foremost has there been any word from the Fatespinner? The last I had heard she had departed with the Archmage and had not yet returned."

"There has been no word yet on her return. She did indeed set out with the Archmage, that much is true."

"Ah, it has truly been some time. I had hoped that she had managed to send word, hopefully all is well."

Pausing briefly, collecting his thoughts, the Biata continues. "I have not as yet heard whether my application to ascend from the rank Watcher of the Inner Circle to Executor of the Inner Circle had been approved. During the last gathering at Parsons Breach in the early winter of last year it had been my intent to speak with Master Isawda on the matter but unfortunately he was busy elsewhere. When we had returned to Calenhelm I had put in a request but it may have been overlooked, what with so much of more import happening in the city and many reeling from the impact of a sudden attack by a dragon. Would you happen to know more or be able to assist in this matter?"

"Yes, there has been much happening and I am afraid I don't recall seeing your request. However, I will look into this for you and discuss your training with Isawda over the next few days. I will have an answer for you in a few days time, if that will be acceptable to you?"

"Thank you very much, I truly appreciate it. I had hoped that it had been approved as that it would make my next question much easier.'

Taking a breath Tengu continues, "I know that this is considered a privilege reserved for those fourth rank or higher but may I please request your assistance in the casting of a ritual? Normally I would not overstep my position in such a way and ask such a thing but it is a ritual that I have been seeking for some time, a Spirit Forge. There are few whom I would trust to complete such a difficult ritual as this and, considering how difficult it has been to procure, I would truly appreciate the assistance of such an experienced Formalist as yourself."

Taking a moment, she flips through a couple of pages on the book on her desk, then she turns back to you. "Looking at my lists, I should have some time in the next few days to squeeze in a ritual or two. I will be happy to assist you. Be sure that you have all the reagents required and ready, I will let you know when I will be able to come perform it."

Releasing a breath he hadn't realized he had been holding Tengu stands and bows deeply. "Thank you very much Master Quynn, you have my deepest gratitude. I shall remain close at hand and await your summons. I do not wish to take up any more of your valuable time, unless there are any matter you wished to speak of may I take my leave?"

Nodding her head with a smile, she says "I believe that is all for now, you may go and resume your duties. I shall send word when I am ready."

With another bow to the Master and a nod to Archimedes Tengu turns and exits the Master's study.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back