A returning challenge!

Lurin

Duke
Friends and compatriots,

The Respite is once again upon us, and once again the research arm of the celestial guild would like to test out some of our latest construct creations against the wit and ingenuity of the local populace. For those that participated last year, let me assure you we've got more of the same, perhaps some group may be able to stand up to the entire challenge this year. While things won't be exactly the same, the challenge remains, here are a few details for those interested.

We'll be offering prizes to the top three performers in the challenge, so you don't even have to be the best group around to participate, you will not be allowed to bring in any weapons, armor, potions, or other equipment. Instead you must find what you can in the challenge room between each wave, best bring a group with a fair number of skills, remember it is expected that you use no spells from your memory nor the fancier weapon skills. Defeat each wave and see how far you can get, rest assured special constructs are present to ensure no serious, or at least fatal, injuries are sustained.

Groups can be no larger then six folks, and must have at least four folks to participate! The challenge will run the weekend of the Ritual of Remembrance, so begin making your plans now!

- Jason Holtz, Guild Master of the Greater Celestial Guild of Gaden

All,

I will be putting together a group to take on this challenge. I will be looking for broad skill sets over specialized ones. I am not group alligned but am not above joining an already forming group.

Fern Woods

sure, I think this could be an interesting challeng. A couple of my brothers I am sure will participate as well

-James the Inconceivable of Harbors Far

ooo, Fun fun Gorka wanna play!

- Gorka

As the Champion of when this type of game was run during the last Tournament of the Respite, I am definitely interested in trying this out once again. I have decent martial capabilities, as well as enough Celestial prowess to cast any Battle Magic scroll we might find. If anyone feels they want me on their team, please contact me in some way.

~ Gandian Ravenscroft

I know many do not know me, but I'd love to join a forming team to try this challenge. As with Gandian, I am very adept at celestial magics, as well as being able to identify potions and administer them through my mastery of Earth magics..

Brother Eric Marsters
Brotherhood of the Light

Eric Masters,

You no allowed to bring dem potions in dar as da man said, and no sky magic can be used in dar so not really sure what good you be to da team.

cerria said:
Eric Masters,

You no allowed to bring dem potions in dar as da man said, and no sky magic can be used in dar so not really sure what good you be to da team.
Pebbles,

If the challenge is similar to last time, Celestial scrolls may be found, and so the ability to cast them actually does come into play. Admittedly, non-magical healing skills tend to not be that useful, considering the fact that, when you fall, you are healed by the challenge coordinators and removed for the remainder of the challenge.

~ Gandian Ravenscroft

Jason Holtz,

When you say fancier weapon skills do you mean a fully conditioned damage increase to a strike would be unacceptable, or just quick unconditioned one target damage increase strikes? The ones that take roughly a day to refocus.

- D'rezz Zandrick Roiyaru

cerria said:
Eric Masters,

Pebbles,

I'll ask you once. Please, either say my name correctly, or ignore me.

Brother Marsters
Brotherhood of the Light

EricMarsters said:
cerria said:
Eric Masters,

Pebbles,

I'll ask you once. Please, either say my name correctly, or ignore me.

Brother Marsters
Brotherhood of the Light

Eric,

you know how we know you're a pirate? cause you hate that ARRRRR being taken out of your name

-James the Inconceivable of Harbors Far

I was not here when the challenge occurred before, will any armor be utilized?
If so I am a master blacksmith allowing me to refit armor at a much faster rate then normal.

-Thorador Boulderfist

My Brother James Is well versed with a Pole Arm and I am able to use bows and longswords. I can also identify alchemy and use scrolls of 7th circle and lower.

Will there be any traps? I have heard talk of a different competition and was curious if we should look to those familiar with such workings to help round out our teams.

-Arrin Fillrith

While I doubt I will be of any help in the actual competition itself, if any of the event coordinators need a healer to aid them, I would love to offer my services. In the meantime, I will stand on the sidelines and applaud those who attend this fight.

Thorador,

As I recall, armor can not be brought in with you, but it can be found inside the room.
If the rules remain the same, I believe your skills would assist the chosen wearer in donning the armor more speedily as well as in refitting.

This challenge requires not only a broad base of skills, but a great deal of both teamwork and dare I say, luck.

Kyrie

Back