A Reward to Offer

Lurin

Duke
I have a reward to offer on behalf of the town box/treasury as cleared with Sera Liddia.

We currently have half of what we need to cast a Haven of the Living on the town tavern, I have offered to personally donated the casting of the ritual, as well as the component needed that the box does not currently hold.

What we are in need of is a Perfect Amethyst, a reward is being offered in the sum of 25 Gold pieces. Here are the rates if you would like to claim it.

Provide the Amethyst - 25 Gold
Participate on reclaiming the Amethyst, based on information provided - 20 Gold split between all in the group that recovers it (plus anything else found)
Provide information that leads to the recovery of the Amethyst (paid after recovery of Amethyst) - 5 Gold.

The funds for this reward come from selling of basic production items from the town box to those that needed them and donations. I hope this is the first of many times we can use such funds for the good of the town, while rewarding it's membership.

-Enan Bluewater

Enan,

I assume that this Perfect Amethyst you seek is a catalyst for the Haven? If so, that is quite interesting indeed, because the Haven of the Living that my Order provided for the tavern in Hope's Reach did not require a catalyst for a successful casting...

Or is this Amethyst for some other, related matter? If so, may we hear of it?

May the Light guide you, and the Shadow guard your path,
~ Gandian Ravenscroft

It is indeed needed for the Haven of the Living scroll we have in the town box, I cannot speak as to how rituals are casts in other lands, although there are at times differences due to the nature of the mists.

-Enan Bluewater

Adventurers,

Let me introduce myself. I Bartholomew Broxton, and I am the newly apppointed High Commander of the Martial Forces of the Dark Society. I have watched the rise and fall of the one you call Ternius, as well as both rises of Renious Thargatian. Up until recently, we have had no reason to interfere with your society. We've kept to ourselves over the years, watching, and keeping to ourselves in the pursuit of knowledge. Now I know that you are thinking that we are pursuing knowledge to rule over you. That is simply not the case. We pursue knowledge for the sake of having it, nothing more. We actively screen out powerful undead that wish to join our ranks that have desires of domination or interference. Sometimes, those powerful undead are simply running from someone. I know there are those among you searching for some. Contact me privately, and I'd be happy to tell you where they are.

Recently, a number of members from two guilds, the Brotherhood of LifeStorm, as well as the House of Games, decided to brutally murder one of our members in his own home. The man did not cast necromancy any time in the last century, and was reading a book at the time of his demise.

Now, I see that the adventurers want to aid our quarry in staying safe. I'm sorry, but I cannot allow this to happen. You have two options. One is to cast the ritual on the tavern. Doing this will have you, Enan Bluewater, held accountable for getting in the way of us hunting our prey, and you will be destroyed accordingly. We have powerful ritual magic at our disposal, and as you and I both know, we can Obliterate you with but a few words. Your second option is to cast the ritual somewhere else, or not at all. If this is the case, no harm will come to you Mr. Bluewater, or any other member of the town, provided they do not get in our way. We will do our level best to ensure that if any are caught in the crossfire that are not defending our prey, that they are healed and compensated accordingly. We would even send our members to come to you, and teach those interested, Earth magic.

We do not fear the adventurers, we just seek justice for those that have taken action against us. We are raising an undead army to do so. No, you cannot stop us. We have such little fear of you, that if you wish to know where I am, just ask. It won't make a difference, regardless. What will make a difference in your lives is your choice on this matter.

What say you?

Bartholomew Broxton
High Commander of the Dark Society's Martial Forces

Really? You can Obliterate people simply by a 'few words'? Why do you even care about someone casting a Haven of the Living then? If you truly have that kind of power I assume you could just blow up the haven even once its created if it even got in your way...

And if you are going to exact revenge and 'can' truely obliterate people just by the sound of your voice... I will doubtless stand in your way to defend good adventurers like Enin, but I fully expect to die doing so.

Maybe I mis-understand your outrageously powerful ritual power claims... But if they are what you say they are I'm surprised your wasting the time to bandy words here...

Enin, if there is any way I can help you and if I come across any pieces or leads to this catalyst I will certainly let you know.

Regards
- Mage Eldarion

Dreamingfurther said:
Really? You can Obliterate people simply by a 'few words'? Why do you even care about someone casting a Haven of the Living then? If you truly have that kind of power I assume you could just blow up the haven even once its created if it even got in your way...

And if you are going to exact revenge and 'can' truely obliterate people just by the sound of your voice... I will doubtless stand in your way to defend good adventurers like Enin, but I fully expect to die doing so.

Maybe I mis-understand your outrageously powerful ritual power claims... But if they are what you say they are I'm surprised your wasting the time to bandy words here...

Enin, if there is any way I can help you and if I come across any pieces or leads to this catalyst I will certainly let you know.

Regards
- Mage Eldarion

Mage Eldarion,

Just because we CAN do something, doesn't mean we want to. We want the adventurers that have not interfered with us to feel safe at night. As members of LifeStorm can attest to - we have the ability to cast rituals as you cast battle magic. We have done so in defense of ourselves during past encounters. I come to attempt to speak first, before simply slaughtering people is this - we do not wish to harm the innocent. We do not wish to harm the general populace. We do not wish to harm the adventurers at large. We have a specific problem with specific individuals. We wish to keep those that choose to exist as the living as just that - living - as long as they don't get in our way. Once the Brotherhood of Lifestorm and the House of Games are dealt with, we will go back to the shadows. If we wanted to deal with other peoples' grudges, we would have let certain greater undead join, such as Reinious and a certain individual Sera Fallingstar has been searching for. Sera - if you want to know where he is, simply send me a private missive. He's been refused membership by us, and we offer him no protection.

The Brotherhood of Lifestorm and the House of Games are the only ones we want to remove from Fortannis, as they did to our members, unprovoked. Stay out of the way, and you have nothing to fear from us, only gain.

Bartholomew Broxton

Bartholomew Broxton,

Is it your suggestion then, that with all this power you are limited to assaulting a single location? I know the members of both Life Storm and the House of Games, and if it's a battle you want, they'll give it to you I am sure. I certainty have better things to do with my time than participate with every grudge match the local adventures stir up, I'm sure it will be settled in time, my work is to shelter those who are not yet ready to participate in such things, since I generally count myself among them.

I am curious why you see the tavern, a location they do not rest in, nor spend the majority of their time, as a place that is more sheltering than an out building, or other sleeping quarters. More to the point, raising an undead army means there will be a number of the undead that will uncontrolled, or poorly controlled at best, what controls do you plan to ensure that these creatures won't attack those outside of your Quarry? The simple truth is this grudge match has already caused you to invoke chaos recently, and create undead, an extremely significant crime that is sure to invoke the knights involvement if nothing else. I urge you, if you must settle this match, set up a time for your battle, as you are sure of your abilities, and allow Lifestorm and HoG to face you in battle and settle this matter before it spills further afield.

-Enan Bluewater

Bartholomew Broxton

I am confused as to your statements. Your group wishes to study and continue the rest of your ‘lives’ in peace.

[quote="EricMarsters Up until recently, we have had no reason to interfere with your society. We've kept to ourselves over the years, watching, and keeping to ourselves in the pursuit of knowledge. Now I know that you are thinking that we are pursuing knowledge to rule over you. That is simply not the case. We pursue knowledge for the sake of having it, nothing more.[/quote]

Yet you threaten the entire town. Not only the Brotherhood of LifeStorm and the House of Games, the guilds who did in fact bring to an end the ‘life’ of one of your members. The tavern is a safe haven for all who live in the area and are passing though. Jara during his life did not turn travelers or adventures away, and Anja has continued to carry on that legacy. She provides a warm bed and with Eve’s help a hearty meal for those who are in need. As a man who has seen empires crumble how can your reasoning be limited to a few individuals? The tavern is a haven for all who seek it, from King to farmer. The ritual is not aimed specifically against your order.

I am disheartened that you would raise an army. This land has been through so much and it’s people are in need of a respite. You have admitted that you seek no harm against the populace yet any army will cause harm.

I, as a Knight cannot allow war to be raged. I also understand your feelings, loosing companions is never easy. We cannot undo what has been done, yet I will do all in my power to prevent more blood from being spilt.

Sera FallingStar

Sera Fallingstar,

You should seek your husband's and my counsel as to what really happened between the LICHE your King's representative asked us to retrieve a trophy from and ourselves.

As I asked Tadron and his to come along I'll take responsability for this mess. If you feel our guilds are somehow in the wrong or have fallen afoul of the law, I'll risk to pay whatever fines and damages your proper courts ascertain.

To Any who may come to harm from the actions of these creatures,

I'll not apologize, ever, for fighting undead and other threats to Fortanis but I can take mind and heart to those who fall victim to war or should find themselves in danger from these creatures. Should any fear retribution from the enemies my family and I have made in our lives putting steel and spell to flesh for the good of all, seek counsel, training, or defense from any member of the Brotherhood of Lifestorm. You will receive it I promise, and I keep my promises, always.

I am also open to answering questions from anyone either openly or privately about this or any other matter.

Respectfully,

Jehan Wyldweaver

Everyone,

I forgot, one last thing, I hope no one falls victim to this threat by changing their minds as to where is best to place a haven of the living, when to place it or wether to place it at all. If the Knights still wish to ensure this is cast on the tavern, and Barrister Enan would, understandably, prefer to not involved himself directly I can undestand and I'm sure Kalin will also do it for free. My family and I can also put forth towards the components if told how many components and of what nature ahead of time.

Please let me know.

Jehan

AllianceCHI said:
Everyone,

I forgot, one last thing, I hope no one falls victim to this threat by changing their minds as to where is best to place a haven of the living, when to place it or wether to place it at all. If the Knights still wish to ensure this is cast on the tavern, and Barrister Enan would, understandably, prefer to not involved himself directly I can undestand and I'm sure Kalin will also do it for free. My family and I can also put forth towards the components if told how many components and of what nature ahead of time.

Please let me know.

Jehan

I make the same offer. As apparently the whole House of Games is already on the list, I might as well earn my spot.

Many blessings,
Bob the Blacksmith

To Bartholomew,

You would be wise not to threaten my guild as a whole ever again. My guild does not come out in force to your area so you are misguided on how easy you think it would be to eliminate it. I have and will continue to make it one of my life goals to protect every single member of my guild along with many other people in these lands. However, when you threaten my guild that will become priority number one on my list and making sure harm does not come to them will be all I live, eat and breathe. I am sorry that one of yours had to be put down. That is the price you sometimes pay when raising undead and vying for that kind of power.

I assure you sir if your looking for an enemy or a fight then just continue to threaten my guild. I will become the worst nightmare you have ever had. I will also bring out some people to slay of the likes you have never seen before I assure you. Posturing is usually not something I do but I do not ever lie down when my guild is being threatened with harm. I have also made promises to special people that I will protect that town as well. You would do yourself good to rethink your words here and maybe you should move you and your undead army to another land before you all are eraticated from this land as well.

Yours Truly,
TadRon
Guildmaster of House of Games

Lord of Games,

So your the one she whines about and whose name and honor she trades on when her own diplomacy turns weak? I've heard of you, not bad things. I'd like to meet you, no violence, so maybe don't bring the knights and do gooders.

Gearium Thornbeard
Bearer of the Runic Hammer

EricMarsters said:
Adventurers,

Let me introduce myself. I Bartholomew Broxton, and I am the newly apppointed High Commander of the Martial Forces of the Dark Society. I have watched the rise and fall of the one you call Ternius, as well as both rises of Renious Thargatian. Up until recently, we have had no reason to interfere with your society. We've kept to ourselves over the years, watching, and keeping to ourselves in the pursuit of knowledge. Now I know that you are thinking that we are pursuing knowledge to rule over you. That is simply not the case. We pursue knowledge for the sake of having it, nothing more. We actively screen out powerful undead that wish to join our ranks that have desires of domination or interference. Sometimes, those powerful undead are simply running from someone. I know there are those among you searching for some. Contact me privately, and I'd be happy to tell you where they are.

Recently, a number of members from two guilds, the Brotherhood of LifeStorm, as well as the House of Games, decided to brutally murder one of our members in his own home. The man did not cast necromancy any time in the last century, and was reading a book at the time of his demise.

Now, I see that the adventurers want to aid our quarry in staying safe. I'm sorry, but I cannot allow this to happen. You have two options. One is to cast the ritual on the tavern. Doing this will have you, Enan Bluewater, held accountable for getting in the way of us hunting our prey, and you will be destroyed accordingly. We have powerful ritual magic at our disposal, and as you and I both know, we can Obliterate you with but a few words. Your second option is to cast the ritual somewhere else, or not at all. If this is the case, no harm will come to you Mr. Bluewater, or any other member of the town, provided they do not get in our way. We will do our level best to ensure that if any are caught in the crossfire that are not defending our prey, that they are healed and compensated accordingly. We would even send our members to come to you, and teach those interested, Earth magic.

We do not fear the adventurers, we just seek justice for those that have taken action against us. We are raising an undead army to do so. No, you cannot stop us. We have such little fear of you, that if you wish to know where I am, just ask. It won't make a difference, regardless. What will make a difference in your lives is your choice on this matter.

What say you?

Bartholomew Broxton

Young Master Batholomew Broxton,

Where will you be?? As per your missive, just ask and you would let us know.

Many blessings,
BtB

Back