A State of Emergency

To all peoples of Briarpass,

I, Effram Rockfist chieftan of the Rockfist Tribe, declare a state of emergency over the lands of Briarpass. In recent weeks, reports of green and black insects have come into these lands. The reports originating from just south of town have grown to emcompass most of briarpass, as well as parts of Buckland, Arbor, and Timpany.

I would ask that all figthing men and women of arbor prepare spell and blade to once again come to our aid. My warriors, while brave, are ill equiped to handle such a threat. All adventurers, I will meet with you on Friday night at Jara's Tavern, from there we can formulate a plan of attack. I have sent messengers to Arbor seeking help in curtailing this threat.

As these creatures seem to be able to afflict those they attack with some sort of disease I have yet to find a cure for, I would ask that all non combatants seek shelter. I will travel througout Briarpass with needed food and supplies to distribute to the good folk of this land. I implore you, please, do not seek to come to Briarpass unprepared, do not risk you lives needlessly, we shall come to you and defend you.

I have faith that, as a people, we can stand against this threat.

Effram Rockfist
Regent of Briarpass

You guys got the Big Green and Black Nasties too? We warded up ourself for now, our King says we should be ok for a time, though we no dare go out, our food should last a few weeks. Can you guys come let me know when it is gone? We had one of our's chest explode, big black nasty came out and king lit him up like a bonfire, now king has me keep checking everyone for nasties.

Spoop

AllianceCHI said:
To all peoples of Briarpass,

I, Effram Rockfist chieftan of the Rockfist Tribe, declare a state of emergency over the lands of Briarpass. In recent weeks, reports of green and black insects have come into these lands. The reports originating from just south of town have grown to emcompass most of briarpass, as well as parts of Buckland, Arbor, and Timpany.

I would ask that all figthing men and women of arbor prepare spell and blade to once again come to our aid. My warriors, while brave, are ill equiped to handle such a threat. All adventurers, I will meet with you on Friday night at Jara's Tavern, from there we can formulate a plan of attack. I have sent messengers to Arbor seeking help in curtailing this threat.

As these creatures seem to be able to afflict those they attack with some sort of disease I have yet to find a cure for, I would ask that all non combatants seek shelter. I will travel througout Briarpass with needed food and supplies to distribute to the good folk of this land. I implore you, please, do not seek to come to Briarpass unprepared, do not risk you lives needlessly, we shall come to you and defend you.

I have faith that, as a people, we can stand against this threat.

Effram Rockfist
Regent of Briarpass

By your words, I will be there.

Garmok Stoneskull Rockfist

Effram Rockfist,

I am on my way to you now. I should be there by Friday of next week. As always, I am prepared for war. The creatures that have been described sound a lot like beings called Brood. If that is the case than I know we are in for some good times.

I know you probably already thought of this, but, Brood are tunnelers and usually make hives underground or in mountains. I suggest that you rally anyone with a working knowledge of demolitions, traps, and structural engineering. People with those skills could be of great aid in the fight against these horrid things.

I look forward to our next meeting, though I can't lie, I wish it were to be under better circumstances. Take care of yourself, until I am there to help care for you.

See you soon friendo.

William Cross
Malice

ah, you come again... good.

I shall see you soon...

Skarn

I shall bring all the armor that I have.

Liddia FallingStar

I will attempt to put in an appearence, though issues in Valdannis may keep me longer than expected. At worst, I'll send a quantity of Purify potions on ahead.

Dramthin Hartsboon
Simple Keeper of the Tainted Grove

I regret that pressing business will keep me in the south for the forseeable future. I do not know what assistance I can offer from this distance, but whatever I can do, rest assured that I shall.

Remain strong, and put your faith in each other.

In good faith,
Mara Glenbeck

Dramthin,

You had commited to coming to the Tower with me, please let me know if you will be unable to make it so we can find another, though I dunno if theres another fighter as good as you about.

-Durl

While I understand that a cure for this new disease isn't available yet, can you tell me what the effects of it are?

I will be there to help in any way I can, including if you need someone to travel to the tower?

Rowan

Also, if you could tell us how the disease is transmitted, that would help greatly. Are there specific Brood that transfer this disease or can every Brood transfer this disease? Is it something that happens when the Brood infest your body?

Durk

Effram, Lord William Cross, it is good to see you both still walk this plain.

These events have peaked my intrest. I shall see everyone this coming market day.

Ketsuke Hashimoto

Does anyone know if these creatures are affected by alchemy? Perhaps the best way to fight them isn't to cover ourselves in heavier armors, but instead to weaken them to the point where they can no longer cause us harm. I would be willing to put what gold I have into purchasing strength sapping gasses to put this theory to the test. Perhaps the guilds of Alchemists would be willing to part with these gasses at a "good price" so that we may end this brood threat, before it comes to their doors.

Hennessy,
Sheriff for the free peoples of Briarpass.

From Elle's previous experience... Brood not effected by much alchemy.... they is like bugs. Big ugly bugs. I run into a cave once when I was new adventurer.... I not even sure how Jehan and I got out alive. They can paralyze you with a touch and then infect you with Nasty. I watch one pop out of Cazik when I was new. It's bloody and horrible to watch.... Those Brood was green and black to. I wonder if they Migrated over following a new Queen....

Now, I'm a bit worried.

um Elle?

2 words... Dragonsbreath scrolls.

Brood are nasty, I'll drop off sume protecting magics and see if ah kin help yall.

Jehan

um Elle?

2 words... Dragonsbreath scrolls.

Brood are nasty, I'll drop off sume protecting magics and see if ah kin help yall.

Jehan

Citizen's of Briarpass,

My thanks to you for risking you lives and in some cases giving up of your spirits to face the onslaught... it seems the threat is gone. With the help of donations from various sources and the help of the CrossPick Dwarves and Twelve Mark tribe we were able to destroy the cave that bore them.

This disaster was mitigated in great part due to your bravery and all of Wayside nay Terna owes you thanks.

Much work has to be done to eradicate the threat and I will find a way to remove the disease.. perhaps Miss Glenbeck can be of assitance in finding a cure for the citizens still afllicted.

Briarpass is strong, and as many of you know, the revel which started late night saturday has continued for several days... this is as strong a people as a leader could wish for... and you all are as good as brothers and sisters as any could wish for.

Effram

Adventures and citizens of Briarpass,

I would like to thank you for clearing out the entrance to my clan's cave. You have all done well I do hope that good olde 38 was of use to you.

King Torg
Leader of the 12 mark Kobolds

Regent Effram-

I will continue my research on this affliction. I believe I may have made some headway, and will be happy to speak with anyone who might be able to offer any more insight so that I can continue to assemble the pieces of this great puzzle.

I urge anyone who has been afflicted to not give up hope, for a solution does exist.

Until such time as the mists allow me to return to Wayside, stay strong and continue the good works that have been begun.

In good faith,
Mara Glenbeck

I am so proud of the way the entire town pulled together to be rid of the threat of the Brood Queen. It is truly amazing to see what can be accomplished when people work together as a team! I can only hope that we are able to confront all threats in this manner.

~Tatianna

Back