A Tournament is to be held

brconvery

Traverse City Staff
By Royal decree of His Majesty, King Sebastian of Nu’Adah, a tournament is to be held on the island formerly known as Torch Key Landing. The tournament is to be held on this the 5th of November and will be overseen by Her Grace, Duchess Leiliandriani Sy’Eth. Events to be held as stated below. The tournament will begin with the gauntlet at noon and close with the Grand Melee at 5 o’clock. Please join for entertainment and prizes.

Events

Gauntlet (To be held at noon)

Grand melee (To be held at 5 O’clock in the afternoon)

Mystic energy accuracy

“Dodge” contest

Archery

Spear the pig

Pudgel Sticks Cancelled due to safety concerns

(OOG: if you open the attached file, it looks much better)

Attachments

• Tournament invite.pdf
    423 KB · Views: 24
I will show why Pyke is far more suited to be a leader than what the empire has been accepting.
Pyke

Maybe you would seem more leaderly if you didn't talk in the third person

Saro
First Knight Of Zhool
Nefarious Queen of Totally Real Nefarious Lands

Your Grace,
Is their a fee to enter, or a limit on participation in some way?

I am new in these lands, I am sorry if such tournament rules are common knowledge.

-Gideon

Gideon,
There is no entry fee to participate in the tournament or to win event prizes. The tournament is meant to be a token of goodwill between the King of Nu' Adah and the people now inhabiting the lands previously known as Torch Key Landing. As his majesty is unable to attend in person, he is sending me in his stead. I will be adjudicating scores, ties, and attempting to maintain a just and fair tournament. If many events are won by members of the same guild or collusion/event tampering is suspected, an inquiry will be initiated. Results of said inquiry will be dealt with on a case by case basis with possible disqualification if deemed appropriate. Each individual may participate in any or all events. However, each participant will only be allowed one prize for the tournament with the prize going to second place should the first place winner having already won a prize during a previous event. The first place winner will be allowed to decide which event prize he/she would like.

Thank you for your questions and I wish you the best of luck in the tournament.

Sincerely,
Duchess Leiliandriani Sy’Eth

Your Grace-

My thanks to your liege, King Sebastian, and the Kingdom of Nu’Adah for arranging and supporting such a grand event. My thanks also to you personally for travelling to host the tournament. I and my household look forward to enjoying the festivities.

At your convenience, as a representative of the Kingdom of Dragonreach, I beg a short audience with you so as to present you with my writ and make proper introductions between our two kingdoms.

Your servant,
Sir Mathis of the Order of the Emerald Flame
Knight to his Majesty, Lycergis, King of Dragonreach

Sir Mathis,
I am pleased to hear of your interest in the tournament. I will be available throughout the tournament and would be happy to talk with you and your house any time. I should also be able to stay slightly past the tournament if we have not talked previously during the day. As for presenting me with your writ, I believe you wish to meet with Lord Sunseeker on Friday evening. He has similarly addressed the good people on the dream realm, but to have a meeting with the nobles to verify title and standing.
I would like to correct an apparent misconception. King Sebastian is the King of the lands known as Nu'Adah within the Elorian Empire. They are not separate people.

I look forward to making your acquaintance in person and I wish you the best of luck in the tournament.

Sincerely,
Duchess Leiliandriani Sy’Eth

Back