Tell me where ya stormy?
Walk him along, John, carry him along.
Tell me where ya stormy?
Carry him to his bury'n ground.

We'll lower him down on a golden chain,
Walk him along, John, Carry him along.
On -every inch- we'll carve her name!
Carry him to his bury'n ground.

I've heard tales of you singing this song before. Who has fallen so we may honor them?

*Kel's voice is soft and kind.*

Ria Sevaria of Goshawk has permanently died defending the Deadlands by driving back the forces that seek to bring pain and suffering to those who reside on its soil.

If you seek to honor her: fight for a just cause, raise a drink with your friends when possible, and show the people in your life that you love that you do so without question.

Hail the glorious dead.

-Phedre

Know peace now, and lay your head to rest.

When to the sessions of sweet silent thought
I summon up remembrance of things past,
I sigh the lack of many a thing I sought,
And with old woes new wail my dear time's waste.
Then can I drown an eye, unused to flow,
For precious friends hid in death's dateless night,
And weep afresh love's long since cancelled woe,
And moan th' expense of many a vanished sight.
Then can I grieve at grievances foregone,
And heavily from woe to woe tell o'er
The sad account of fore-bemoanèd moan,
Which I new pay as if not paid before.
But if the while I think on thee, dear friend,
All losses are restored and sorrows end.

Squire Prolon L'ar
Shaman of the Skulltaker Tribe
Errant Court of Brittington

I... I offer my condolences to those who can hear them.

And my apologies far to late to Ria Sevaria of Goshawk.
I'm sorry I doubted you.

-Anja

A request...

Do not distract others with your mourning. I have no desire to hear these sentiments unbidden.
If you must, keep it amongst those to whom such things are relevant, or at the least exclude me.

-Roann

Wit' one moment of foolish arrogance, you have made dis extremely relevant to you. Ria Sevaria of Goshawk's family spans every continent da Mists touch, an' I guarantee you have made yourself dead to all of dem. No comfort or aid will be given to one who cannot hold his tongue rather den speak ill of da bereaved.

Angrag

I spoke no ill, merely requested that such things be kept amongst those affected. I do not know any of those referenced here, this matter has no bearing on my existence, and given the choice I would not be distracted from my own thoughts by selfish intrusions via the dreaming.

If my desire to be afforded such a dignified request is taken as a sleight it is by the offended's determination not by my intent.

-Roann

I am determined to be offended by your callow arrogance and simpering, hand-spreading apologies. I am mortally wounded by your callous indifference to da passing of a hero who has saved da lives of countless t'ousands. I am prepared to spit my heart's hate at your disingenuous pretension of innocence.

You are a liar and an honorless knave, Roann. I hope someday I have da good fortune to watch you die, so I can cover your screaming mout' wit' my boot, because your noise will distract me.

Angrag

Roann

You're an arrogant idiot. If you feel your "time" and "thoughts" have been assaulted by the mourning of a lost champion of the earth who's loved ones span the entirety of the mists, you are the selfish one. I hope your death is at the hand of another of my family because if my path is the next you cross, it won't be quick.

Yes, this is a threat.

-Ona

Angrag, Ona, be reasonable. You are offended by something which should inspire. These are the words of a man who knows that mourning is a private matter, to be confined to the whispers of those touched by the loss. A man who knows now in the full bloom of life that he is not and never shall be affected by or involved in the mourning of others, in any way. For any reason.

-Elegedhron

Roann,

Life is full of opportunities to keep your mouth shut.

You just missed a few.

One Shield; Meaningless Without All Others,
Riddick Dale

That's a nice way to put it, Riddick.
Watch your shadows, kid.

~ Aisling

I see no request. I see demand, whelp of a human. Learn de difference of you own tongue. But don' worry. Mebbe we be polite even as you be so buggerin rude. Perhaps ...your "request" will be dignified with no word of unbidden sentiment come the day of your eventual permanent passing, lest we behave selfishly and distract others.

Dignified. PFah. Take you arrogan' words an' shove em, whelp.

--Naga Skinripper

Sooooo....

You butted in to tell we mourners to exclude you from lamenting the loss of a great hero? You understand that you were the one who inserted yourself into this, yes?

I have two-year-olds with better manners.

I assure you, we could bother you with far, far more distressing realities. Take this chance to keep your mouth shut and learn a lesson in humility.

~Alyssa Darksnow

Those who love her are spread across Fortannis. Some are actually in your own backyard.

She was carried from the place she sacrificed her life covered with the raven-and-sword symbol of the Hunt, whose sister team is the Sign of the Raven, joined with House Zodiac. Ask Zehnyu, or Nova, or Pan Da, or Daylynn about her. They've all stood on the same field and fought for the same causes she did.

Consider your words more carefully next time, before you insult both the dead and people the world over. Be the person that grief spills into this realm for, not the insignificant petulant child you're acting like.

-Phedre

May those who mourn you when you die, if any there be, never encounter the grotesque indifference to truest grief that you have shown. To think you are so important that those who mourn the dead should please to avoid inconveniencing your highness? I am as much impressed as I am repulsed.

A meesa mashee af deer, and may your spirit meet with only callous disdain from the living. Prostak.

Sevaria, mon amie plus vieille, forgive this fool his disrespect. I know that somewhere you hear this and you laugh, and for this, I try also to laugh. Long and long did we travel, and I wait with great joy for the day that we may travel again. Dormez bien. Nous chantons pour vous.

Dans la douleur et dans l'amour également,
~Irina Belwing Maitane

Everyone. Let us not let one ignorant response detract the purpose of this posting. And that is to honor a fallen warrior and friend.
Roann. You may not have meant any disrespect, but your words were ill timed and had no place here, where people were expressing their condolences and sorrow at Sevarias passing. I would hope in the future you will think before you post.
Sevaria meant a great deal to a great amount of people across the mist. Think on that, and ask if you might want to be remembered in such a way when you pass.
To The Hunt.
You have my condolences. Try not to let one foolish post ruin what came before it.
Trevor Dae

I cannot say that I knew her well, but well enough to honor her passing. The testimonies of those moved by her life is testimony enough to wish her well in her rest, and her loved ones solace in remembrance of her life.

Simon Neville

I spoke no ill, merely requested that such things be kept amongst those affected. I do not know any of those referenced here, this matter has no bearing on my existence, and given the choice I would not be distracted from my own thoughts by selfish intrusions via the dreaming.

If my desire to be afforded such a dignified request is taken as a sleight it is by the offended's determination not by my intent.

-Roann
You sound like an idiot who has just realized they have offended many that they should not have. Go out and life life, learn some things and grow up...then come back in ten years or so.

Simon Neville

Back