A Warning and a Plea

Gandian Ravenscroft

Knight
Chicago Staff
Marshal
My most excellent people of Wayside,

For those of you who have met me, you know that I hail from the Sheltered Lands, which is the closest land north of Wayside. In the country of Gaden, we are plagued by the never ceasing hordes of the Corrupt, cursed creatures bent on destruction of people and land. Only the mist wall surrounding the Sheltered Lands and the front line of the Gaden military and adventurers prevent these monstrosities from permeating the entirety of our lands and possibly even the entirety of Fortannis. We try our best to keep these creatures at bay, forcing them back into their wasteland from which they come.

This brings me to my warning. Lok of Harbors Far, who was overcome by taint from the Rakshasa in Desha Vitara, returned to us somehow and, despite his tainted spiritual form, still wished to fight the Corrupt as he did in life, though now using power derived from the Rakshasa to accomplish it. To aid the adventurers as they pressed into Corrupt territory, Lok used his power to rift a massive number of Corrupt of all different kinds away from the Sheltered Lands to the nearest land through the mists. If this is true, there is now a gigantic group of Corrupt within the land of Wayside. They are extremely dangerous, and should you see any creatures with dark, mottled, scarred skin, possibly with runic marks, be aware these may be Corrupt. I have extensive knowledge of the Corrupt's abilities and plan on visiting soon to aid in their eradication.

Also, when they were torn from our lands and sent to Wayside, a piece of their tainted essence traveled with them to maintain their existence. This force or object, known as the Essence of Corruption, is an extremely important catalyst within the Sheltered Lands, and is a key in being able to destroy the threat of the Corrupt forever. Now this is my plea: I ask for the adventurers of Wayside, and any other land that joins us, to fight the Corrupt and retrieve their essence to bring back to my land. There are some of you, such as Sera Zanabanath, who have fought the Corrupt before and know the importance of their destruction in our lands, and if any more meet the Corrupt, you will learn such a thing as well.

My knowledge of the Corrupt is perhaps the most extensive of all the adventurers from the Sheltered Lands, and I will try to answer any questions you may have, but you must understand that the workings of the Corrupt are still unpredictable and mysterious.

May the Light guide you, and the Shadow guard your path,
~ Gandian Ravenscroft

Gandian,

The mists are formless and distance is impossible to gauge, closeness in the case of the mist seems to depend on the heart of the person entering the mists. I know those of you that travel from Gaden are convinced this foe of yours is greater than any others but I have seen no evidence that they are in the lands of Wayside, and even if somehow they have been transported here, the forces that surround our little kingdom here are more than capable of killing a group of creatures, indeed it might even help resolve some of our current issues with those that surround us for them to have something better to worry about.

-Enan Bluewater

Enan,

I am not saying that the Corrupt are more dangerous than whatever else is in Wayside, nor am I absolutely positive they are in your lands, but that is no reason for them to be taken lightly if they turn out to be rampaging through your area. I am merely preparing anyone who hears me for the possibility of attack so they can prepare, so just keep your eyes open for anything that may resemble their presence and alert me if you spot something. Being unprepared and an attitude of "Nah, we're fine" get people killed, you know.

~ Gandian Ravenscroft

Gandian, i know you said they are unpredictable, but could you give us a little more to go on?? does magic work on them?? do they explode when hit?? does the corruption travel through blades?? does alchemy work?? many blessings, btb

Bob,

Many of the traits of the "minion" Corrupt are unknown, since they vary greatly from individual to individual, but here are some common traits to all Corrupt:
  • They are tainted creatures, harmed specially by Cursed Slayer weapons.
  • Their bodies function differently than most creatures, making poisons useless against them.
  • They are connected to each other via a powerful hivemind, fortifying their minds against any changes, so command effects and alterations useless against them.
  • Their hivemind is controlled by a number of crystal Nodes, and the destruction of the nodes causes major disruption to the Corrupt. This is the reason I prepare so many Shatters and Destroys every day.
Magic works fairly well, though many have been known to absorb magic thrown at them and hurl it back at you as something new. While I am not quite sure what it involves, contracting the Corruption is a long and complex process, so I would not worry about contracting the Corruption while in average battle with them. If you have more specific questions (such as the abilities of the greater Corrupt, etc.), feel free to contact me privately.

~ Gandian Ravenscroft

Gorka coming to help. Gorka summarize what little brother said.

Corrupt bad
Corrupt unaffected by gases
Kill the Node with Shatters and Destoys

also Bob can I buy cure light wounds potions from you?

Gorka
Order of Shadow's Light
Healer of the Gaden Earth Guild
Stag Champion

Although I fear I am not much help in battling the corrupt I will pledge what healing I have.
Also I will have plenty of cure light potions to sell to aid fellow adventurers.

Kitaruen

None of you have anything to fear of this threat from other lands... why can't you see, there will be none of this anymore? No more wars or suffering, no more battling for life, peace is promised and peace shall come, why must you resist peace?

The Horselord.

DracoIam said:
Gorka coming to help. Gorka summarize what little brother said.

Corrupt bad
Corrupt unaffected by gases
Kill the Node with Shatters and Destoys

also Bob can I buy cure light wounds potions from you?

Gorka
Order of Shadow's Light
Healer of the Gaden Earth Guild
Stag Champion

Always =)

Stupid Sky Magic Man, Gorka, and others,
Thor ask me to find lands with heart. I help look for sign of Lok and corrupt. This is not enemy we would wish on others.

-Kendra

During my first market day, I was "invited" to help in the destruction of one of these nodes.

Gandian is right to warn you if such a situation has risen. These Corrupt are very resistant. Some of them have a natural affinity to Chaos. Celestial magic is effective against them, though be warned that some are able to reflect spells back. They also showed some level of origination. There were a couple standing guard around the node that we went to take down.

It was unfortunate that our group was as, disorganized as we were, but if you all keep a level head and fight together then you shall at least be on equal footing... If it were possible for me to travel to your lands and assist you in your deference I would. I hope to hear good things soon about your encounters if they are in fact in your lands. Also, I shall arrive at the end of this coming month. I look foreword to hearing these tales in person.

-Fredrick Crawford

Gandian,

I counter your plea by begging you to remain true to the task at hand. What was uncovered of the Blood Archer's curse and the threat which right now has accounted for a dozen fresh arsons in the Greater Sandorian range in the last 2 weeks and the increased resurgence in the number of "magma goblins" or call themselves "The Fellowship of Halegrim" is an immediate and actionable threat to Wayside and Briarpass itself and must remain central to us.

I have reviewed the descriptions made available and my scouts range far and wide with no sign of this "corrupt" army. I don't discount Gandian's information or that of any of the Gaden warriors who have faced this threat in their own homes. My family and I know the sting of lost homes and would not begrudge you mourning or a chance at avenging that which was taken from you by helping us destroy the same threat here. I assure you as soon as this threat shows itself within Western Wayside I will find of it and I will find a way to warn you.

In my search for your threat I have uncovered more information and a possible path towards reducing the current threat of the Igneohex, contact me by pidgeon for information or come by a certain bakery.

Emerald Archer

To all whom this kingdom counts on to defend,

I have sent my rangers far and wide throughout the lands all winter long and at long last the last has arrived back home earlier this evening.The news is good, as of now, there are no known threats in Wayside which resemble that which you speak of. When asked of corruption most people speak ill of foreign and some domestic governments like Buckland but no sign of creatures matching the description given by Gandian.

I am not saying they do not exist but I can within a high degree of certainty that they do not dwell in Wayside.

Faithful Always,

Emerald Archer.

Back