A Warning in Defense of the Duchy

Aven

Artisan
Citizens of Ashbury:

For over a year the Ashbury Times has reported increased vampiric attacks on our duchy and in surrounding lands. These vampiric creatures appear to be unlike others that we have encountered—completely feral in their behavior. Their purpose is to feast upon the living, even while under attack. We have called these creatures the craven.

It is believed that on Saturday afternoon several black stone obelisks rose from the ground throughout the Duchy. The craven are drawn to these obelisks. What is more disturbing is the fact that with the appearance of these obelisks the craven are now immune to effects of sun and walk in the daylight.

It is imperative that you keep alert at all times and travel in groups that are armed to fend off any attack. If you see a large stone obelisk that is approximately four to five feet in height and has words etched into the side, that has recently appeared, please report this immediately to your local authorities.

Also, the craven can infect those who they feast upon. It is unknown if a single bite can infect a person or if an infection develops each time. However, it is vital that we maintain records of who has been bitten by the craven, regardless if they were healed afterwards or resurrected. If you witness someone having been attacked by a craven and saw it feast on the body, please report this to your local Healer’s Guild.

A search for the cure for this infection and a means to stop the craven attacks are underway. I ask that if anyone has any information that could possibly assist in these tasks that they contact me immediately.

We will prevail over this threat and enemy as we have with others in the past. I encourage each of us to work together in the defense of this Duchy and its people. We will not let this shadow descend; the light will once more push back the darkness.

In service,

Squire Man-at-Arms Aven
Barony of Blythedale
Vex Squad, Legion D “the Untiring Phalanx” Ducal Army

Squire Man-at-arms Aven,
Please contact me immediately regarding this matter, at your earliest convenience.

Sincerely,
Aislynn Ravenshire

Back