Acarthia 2016 Halloween Event Traveler Arrangements

Traceroo

Rogue
This thread is to help our visitors from out of chapter for the October 28-30, 2016, Acarthia Halloween event.

My partner Cory Williamsen and I are happy to host some of our visitors:
  • Happy to pick up & return to Denver International Airport
  • Guest room at our house with queen bed, and plenty of crash space elsewhere with inflatable mattress, couches, and so forth. Happy to host overnight on Thu and Sun. Our household is nonsmoking, but we do have 2 cats, 1 of whom will sit on you the entire time you're there.
  • Ride to/from the event. Can fit 1 for sure, or 2 visitors in the SUV if we're not all crazytown on luggage
  • Whether or not you stay or ride with us, happy to bring bedding for visitors so you don't have to worry about packing that stuff
  • I also have a limited selection of nice quality loaner 1-handed weapons and bows if taking yours on the plane is a PITA
We're looking forward to meeting visitors to our wonderful game! Please reach out if you're looking for help with local arrangements.

See you soon,
Trace Moriarty

Hi Everyone from the cold cold North. (no joke it is actually snowing outside)

I just booked my flight down to your lovely city and I was hoping I would be able to line up a ride to and from the sight for this event. I should have one Army duffle bag and one carry on with me. I don't think that I will be bringing any weapons with me mostly because I've never flown for larp and I love my props like like if I were to have children. (XD) So I will just have my bags with me and I would be more than willing to chip in with gas for the trip.

Would anyone be willing to cart this wayward Canadian?

Logan-Thomas, what are the times of your flights, please?

Trace

Logan-Thomas, what are the times of your flights, please?

Trace

Oh right that would be important ><

My flight should be arriving in Denver around 11:45am on Friday

And my flight from Denver to L.A is at 7:30am on Monday. (But I dont mind spending the night in the terminal. Lol it wouldnt be the first time)

I'm trying to place some currently falling Tetris pieces with visitors and things, so I'll check in on my background Tetris game and will shout out when that's worked itself out. I'm sure that we as a community have got you, however. :)

For the Monday trip, you'll want to arrive at the airport around 5:30 am, and thus leave metro Denver(ish) around 4:30. My suggestion is a combination of Uber to Union Station in downtown Denver to take the light rail into the airport. That may make that particular leg a little easier unless some of our (oddly many) super happy eager morning people are free for that labor of love. :)

I'm trying to place some currently falling Tetris pieces with visitors and things, so I'll check in on my background Tetris game and will shout out when that's worked itself out. I'm sure that we as a community have got you, however. :)

For the Monday trip, you'll want to arrive at the airport around 5:30 am, and thus leave metro Denver(ish) around 4:30. My suggestion is a combination of Uber to Union Station in downtown Denver to take the light rail into the airport. That may make that particular leg a little easier unless some of our (oddly many) super happy eager morning people are free for that labor of love. :)

Thank you very much for all of the tips. Hehe I'm not sure I could ever ask someone to wake up to that early. As long as I could get back into the city after the event I'm sure I could find my way to the airport then as I said I'll probably just chill in the terminal overnight.

FYI: I've made arrangements to pick up Logan from the airport and get him to the event on Friday.

If anyone is at convenience to help him with very early Monday morning trip either to DIA, or the light rail station, please let me know. As a backup, Logan may stay at our house, and from there he can Uber to Union Station -- but that's a pain in the neck. If you can help him out with very early morning rides to get him to DIA by 5:30 am on Monday, please contact me and let me know.

Thanks!

Trace

Back