Accomodations

markusdark

Knight
Some of us who are flying out would love not to pack a tent. I wanted to know if there was going to be cabins or other sleeping arrangements that could be used and, if so, how does one reserve them? Of course, knowledge of heating, electricity, showers, etc would also be helpful. :)

Sorry to bump this but wanted to know if there was any info about where I might be able to crash. Gonna be flying in from San Francisco and boy are my arms going to be tired.

Sorry this is taking so long to answer fully:

1) Cabins. Yep there are a LOT of really nice cabins on site. I have pictures and a map just waiting for approval to post it and you can look inside many of them. :) There will also be room for people to set up tent villages and there is lean-to campsites as well for those who want to be a bit more rustic. :)

2) Reservations-- I'm not sure exactly yet. The Pre-Reg form is pending approval as well (but should be up soon so people can start lining up to come) and the policy on reserving cabins hasn't been finalized yet. As soon as it is we'll post it but there is a LOT of cabin space available so it shouldn't be too bad. :)

Its a Flash movie- click and drag, click the red dots to see images of the site.

Kimble Hall will be the Tavern area

Hoover Lodge will be our NPC Shack

Keppler, Jamboree, Duryee and Belcher (which is 2 stories, unconnected with separate entrances) all sleep between 10-20 PCs roomily, more if you're close friends. The NPC Shack is built to hold easily 40-50 Individuals. Each of the camp sites are mowed and rock free- perfect for 3-6 Tents (depending on size) and for racial or cultural enclaves. :) Some of these will be reserved by Plot for Mod Sites but the ones closest to town should be open. I was not able to look at Troop 5 cabin

The outdoor shower is just that- outdoors. Each of the Cabins is supposed to have, the sites page, a separate bath area and there are many Outhouses scattered around (one at each of the Campsites as well as the Cabins). Anywhere on the Map with a "W" is a potable water source- above ground easy access.

This map does NOT include elevation
the Site is accessed by driving down from the main road. NPC Shack will be at the high point after you enter the Gates. The Tavern and most of the PC Cabins are on about the same "plane" across the camp with Troop 5 being way down a steep road. Most of the Mod sites are within the same average elevation as well and while there are some steep roads or trails there is also a more gentle alternative for people who are having problems. Easy access to water and outhouses should make this more convenient. :)

Not to try and call 'shotgun' here, but I was wondering if you would suggest a site that would be best for a Gypsy encampment - since they like to travel with tents and all of that. (I might have a friend in the area whom I can borrow a tent from and would rather be in a wheel-less vardo than a cabin).

Maybe the Buffalo site? Its just left of the tavern just above the Jamboree Lodge-- it is a huge open grassy circle with a fire pit in the center. The road runs through it to the other camp sites and (and the outdoor showers) as well as to the Tavern i the other direction- far enough from Town to be separate but close enough that the lights will be visible and the walk pleasant in the summer night... and screams of battle can be heard. Also near the rest area with the picnic tables and outhouses (on the road back to the Tavern).

I'm not sure which of these sites Plot will want to reserve to set up mods in but that one is so centrally located and close to town that I doubt it will be greedily eyed by those filthy plot peoples... :)

Quinn said:
2) Reservations-- I'm not sure exactly yet. The Pre-Reg form is pending approval as well (but should be up soon so people can start lining up to come) and the policy on reserving cabins hasn't been finalized yet. As soon as it is we'll post it but there is a LOT of cabin space available so it shouldn't be too bad. :)

How's this policy coming? :D I would like to make sure I'll have a place in a cabin somewhere and not be stuck with no place to sleep. ;)

Alavatar said:
Quinn said:

How's this policy coming? :D I would like to make sure I'll have a place in a cabin somewhere and not be stuck with no place to sleep. ;)

Issa coming very well. :)
And very very VERY very very very very very very very soon...

Ok, so are there bunks where we'd just need to bring a camp roll? Need to bring cots/air mattresses? I can roll with whatever, - just trying to figure out what I need to pack here. :)

Pre Registration is officially open.
Today I will be digging and compiling and whatnot and will post:

1) the information we have on the Cabins including all the stuff Ezri was asking for. :)
2) The breakdown of numbers for the Cabins as well as the "near camping spaces" to the Town that are available for PCs to set up tent villages in
3) The Process for reserving cabin/tent space
4) A list I will keep updated and edited so people can know what is reserved, what is available, etc. :)

I know I'll be interested in getting a cabin with a group of folks, looking forward to the information

Question about accomodations: What will be the policy on setting up Wards/Wizard Locks in a shared cabin? Are there individual "rooms", or will we be able to set up tapestry "rooms" to Ward? Do we need to Ward an entire building even if we're sharing it with other groups?

Thanks,
Bryan Gregory

Didn't you hear? The setting of the National game is in a realm where adventurer's have a pair and Wards and Wizard Locks don't work :D

((This is a ranting of a madman and not anyone official))

markusdark said:
a realm where adventurer's have a pair
What we "have a pair of" is spell columns. Our group is hella casters and like hanging out in our fancy-pants Wards (while wearing fancy-pants).

Also, if our group will only have 4-6 people in it, and we're aminable to sharing a cabin with another small group if it'll make our chances of getting a cabin better, how should we communicate that (or will it even matter, since it's first come first served)?

Dang, Nigel needsta up his pants game I guess - loved hanging with dem folk though when I was in Seattle - well not the stone elf guy, he's no fun.

I have no intention of being an ogre or unreachable/unapproachable about the Cabin situations lol. Feel free to email me whatever- I'll do my best, as I said in the post, to help get everyone settled into a situation they are so comfortable in we'll have to use cattle prods to get you guys off site after the event...

"First come first served" seems harsh but we're all an alliance and we're all friends (OR ELSE!!!) so we can all talk to each other and work this stuff out. :)

Scott,

Are you getting the idea that sorting out cabins is going to be about as much fun as sorting out who sits next to who at a wedding reception? *cackles madly*

Maureen

P.S. So very glad it's YOU who has the job....and not me.

Jaelin said:
Scott,

Are you getting the idea that sorting out cabins is going to be about as much fun as sorting out who sits next to who at a wedding reception? *cackles madly*

Maureen

P.S. So very glad it's YOU who has the job....and not me.

hehe. Don't think for a moment that my beloved friends who are NPCing aren't going to get to help me with some of my tasks as the Event draws ever nearer :)

bump.....now that you know what cabins you are in....maybe you want to see the site layout or pictures =)

Back