ActionFlex

Do you allow Action flexes?

www.actionflex.com/

If you do are their any individual ruling on using these weapons?
I know some games don't use the staffs and some make us put foam on the hilt kinda pointless but they do.

I didn't see any photo's of people using them and I didn't see anything in the rulebook quite yet about it.

Thanks again
Patrick Johnson

OMG, I sure hope so! I am so down for the Eskrima sticks especially since I am Filipino and Eskrima originated in the Philippines. I would love to be able to represent that type of weapon fighting style on the field of battle. Great find!

From what I remember during my MA years these unfortunately would not pass current construction rules. I believe they used a high density foam that is not 5/8" thick. Also, they lack waylay tips, though those could be added. The ones I used were extremely wippy but that may not be the case with this brand. I could in fact be mistaken and you have just found a supplier of pre-made Alliance safe weapons. A quick phone call to the supplier with those questions would confirm or debunk my accusations.

If said phone call leads to something productive please lets us all know. If there were such a thing I'd get a group buy together and get new NPC weapons for everyone.

Worry not. So long as you can find the 5/8" pipe foam weapon construction is a simple and fun process that leads to the exploration of your creative side.

--Chazz

Call em up, dude! :p

On a side note, I understand the rules for weapon safety, as everyone's safety comes first and foremost -- but if a bunch of kids can wail on each other with these things, I don't see why they would not pass for Alliance approval.

I am not sure about the 5/8ths. The several other games I play at have the same rule for thickness, they make an exeption for actionflexes because of their safty. They are whippy but that is from inproper use, you need to follow through with the hits and not pull back like you would with more solid core weapons.

I am not sure what the rules for pommels are but if you are using it as a long sword weapon do you still need to have the foam for waylays even if you don't have or will ever have the skill? Since what I normaly do is have a secondary weapon just for waylay

If they are not going to pass please let me know, since all I use are action flexes and I would need to dig up some old fashion cheat sticks. Wich in my opinion are unfair, unsafe, unreliable, and too much money in upkeep. When I say cheat stick I am not refearing to hand made PVC weapons I am refering to super ultra light weight weapons, that I am not going to tell you how to make.

Thank You
Patrick Johnson

Also I hope I didn't sound rude in the last post. To add though, these weapons are used in Mixed Martial Arts classes around the country. My wife who takes Nimpo / Ninjitsu tells me thats the 7 year olds in the class before hers wail on each other with action flex's. These weapons are very safe and are used globally, they offer free repair of the weapons with cost of shipping and handling.

If you where to pass Action Flex products I would gladly donate for the purchase of some NPC weapons. Specially their staffs since they are very very fun!

I am not a weapon marshal in the NH chapter. All chapters have the right to allow/ refuse whatever they deem safe/ unsafe. All commentary I make is based on my marshal status in other chapters and my own foam smithing skills.

Weapons need tips regardless of usage. Should someone else wind up with your weapon and decide to waylay with it the weapon needs to be safe to do so with. Although this has been up for discussion numerous times for safety/ practicallity reasons I assure you it won't change just through discussion/ complaints on the boards.

This is not a martial arts practice by any means. This is a game of "taps" between friends. Honestly, safety rules aside, I could play with trusted friends and broomsticks.

Even those 7 year olds you talk about have had training and practice before getting to mess around with any weapons of any sort.

Worry not. Construction of "cheat sticks" is by no means a secret around these parts.

I reccomend you come to an event. I have a feeling many questions you have and ideas you have rolling around upstairs will be answered then.

--Chazz

Patsnights said:
When I say cheat stick I am not refearing to hand made PVC weapons I am refering to super ultra light weight weapons, that I am not going to tell you how to make.

Kitespar and kite tape?

Seriously, Chazz is right. Some of us have been around for 15 years, and there's not many legal weapon constructions that we haven't seen.

My new sword is made out of a lead pipe and duct taped with the souls of virgins.

Well thanks for the info....I recomand using them for sparring. I have seen PVC and ultralight weight cores poke holes through pressboard shields...not like your watching someone make their weapon.

Thanks Again
Patrick Johnson

Patrick,

I'll be honest and upfront with you. Weapon construction and the arguments over what is safe and what is unsafe is a somewhat controversial subject in the Alliance. Quite frankly, a lot of us think that our weapon guidelines are too strict, not strict enough, sort of arbitrary or precisely logical. Personally, I think our weapon construction guidelines are a little overly restrictive. However, since it keeps everyone safe from the other end of the spectrum (ex. Bamboo sticks that are only kind of wrapped in foam), I fully support the seemingly strict rules.

Come try the game out and you'll see that our weapons are snazzy looking, safe, and easy to construct. A lot of the questions you'll have about things like weapon designs become obvious after two minutes of playing.

Gary

youthculture said:
My new sword is made out of a lead pipe and duct taped with the souls of virgins.

And that's why I have Sean and Dan, because if it looked good I might pass that ...

I don't even think Dan and Sean can pass up the souls of virgins.

youthculture said:

im not going to even ask where you got these souls of virgins. :lol:
let alone enough to cover the foam of the weapon.

youthculture said:
I don't even think Dan and Sean can pass up the souls of virgins.

And then that's where I come in.....lol

~Jaimi

PS: Gary I love that you changed your characters Hair on your Signature. LOL....so epically boyish.

syra pefferfoot said:
youthculture said:

im not going to even ask where you got these souls of virgins. :lol:
let alone enough to cover the foam of the weapon.

So many things you have left to learn, Grasshopper. ;) Virgin-soul-based sword construction is, unlike ultralights, a closely guarded secret.

Back
Top Bottom