Adventurers of Horn's End

I dont think I can add anything that has not already been said most eloquently by Master Hartsboon. I am curious, though, whether the Golden Griffin Fortress was also DFMd, like the HOG's Celestial Circle was. If so, I must commend Celeste on her moderation in the face of destruction of guild property.

It does seem a bit "cheeky" for the town of Horn's End to first evict a guild from the residence they were assured was theirs to use, destroy the guild's celestial circle without a by-your-leave, and then suggest that all are better served with the adventurers' guilds now situated outside the town limits, where they will take the brunt of any attacks from outside. One can definitely see the advantage for the town ... except that by treating the adventurer's guilds so callously, they may well have alienated those they were counting on for protection. You do not treat free men like slaves, to be thus moved about here and there and told that it is for their own good.

~Naie a Kassill~

Its why am not gunna help da king find his new toys... if he don't need his friends, his adventurers... then he kin pay sum mercenaries for em.. im shure his people, da ones dar are starvin, da ones wit no homes, will be overjoyed fur his expense.

why das he need em anyways..Pride?

Jehan

I'm lost... Could somone explain to me the importance of these items? I'v hurd little bits of conversation but I'm still a little lost.

May your flesh never rott
Arkade Prince

You were nye at the banquet...he said something then...I do nye quite remember myself. He just said that he can't get them because of something in his blood that prevents him from doing so....come to think of it, what's he want with them anyway? He can't go near them!

I do find all of this very interesting. And i do not believe that what is transpireing is ment as an insult to the adventurers. I was not at the banquet. So obviously I do not know what was said there. And I haven't been in town for awhile. So i did not lay witness to the construction. Witch had to have been going on while you where at banquet in order for it to be complete already.

Personaly, i would rather live outside of the city walls. What is there to hunt within walls? so i would be outside the walls anyways.

I know King Daefell, And because His scribe doesn't know how to convay tact, doesn't mean Daefell Ment it that way. I have to agree with Celest on most of this. not all cause that would be against our relationship. :p I just think the scribe doesn't know the kings people as well as he should. And i never want to hear that the houseing is "free" again. Its not, infact its the most expensive houseing there is. Tell me how many people would pay for there houseing with there lives? How many Plush Pillows would live within the walls if the cost was there lives?

I belive the intent here, is to let the adventurers do what they love to do. And make it easier on them in the process. Let the Plush Pillows have there city. I don't think they could handle us anyways.

Marcena said:
You were nye at the banquet...he said something then...I do nye quite remember myself. He just said that he can't get them because of something in his blood that prevents him from doing so....come to think of it, what's he want with them anyway? He can't go near them!

a curse was laid upon his bloodline preventing its members from weilding tokens of tyerny. thus he asks of us to retrive that which he is cursed not to touch until that time in which the curse can be broken/lifted.

my thoughts, leave them for what they are

cazik

Thank you, Cazik. I were yet wondering, there were nye much talk about it. Least nye in my presence. But did we get all the important things? All the artifacts needed, the vampire fellows stake-of-woe'd and all of that?

We got 3 out of 4 of da artifacts and ah tink Toosaru solved da puzzle of Amstays Crystal Eggs.

Da shield wuz taken bah da same person da haz offended Sir Garoth, and Cazik, and ah tink so many others. He was ur maybe working with da Kobald lich dat whose fortress we blew up.

As fur Tam, da vampire, we had no stake a woe, we shoulda brought one dough. We killed him 4 times but he wuz bottled and came back... and fast! Dat sword a shadows make him able ta come back in no time at all. Ah got his name, his scent and a clue whut he kin do, his trap failed once and we didn't have all of da town. Add da Hog, da rest of da adventurers, Liddia, and Cazik and we kin dispatch him another4 times as soon as ah find him, and git more information bout his sword.

Anyone know anyting bout eider?

Jehan
Squire to Sir Orthus

Back