Adventurers Participation in The Great Hunt (Ikari's Hope Poll)

Adventurers Participation in The Great Hunt...

• Do Not Participate

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Participate along side the High Orcs

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Participate along side the High Ogres

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Request to participate representing only ourselves

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shen [he/him]

Scholar
Chicago Staff
Marshal
Fellow Adventures and residents of Ikari's Hope;

Each year around High Summer, the High Orcs and High Ogre's of Kaida Sanu have a great hunting competition, which last year we were encouraged to seek participation "next" &or in future years. After meeting with one of our village's gusts during our last market gathering I related that we might be interested in such and that if we did participate we would most likely decide as a group. Within the games, finding ourselves on the winning side would potentially provide us with a variety of treasures and/or advantages. Though exactly what those are are unknown until the game concludes, assuming our Adventurers are among the winning side.

The game is participated in by the bulk of both societies the decision to participate wouldn't only effect the Adventurers, but also represent Ikari's Hope. Now while the Adventurers are often given the freedom to represent their own people earnestly- I also wanted to make sure that all voices and opinions which wished to be heard had the opportunity and prompting.

Adventurer Poll Selection should only be done by those who spend a fair bit of time within Ikari's Hope and adventuring within Kaida Sanu or are planning to do so more frequently than you do now. Put simply, unless that condition qualifies, any cascading results are unlikely to affect you or affect you with any significant effect; and I wish for those who will live the greatest impact be the voices heard.

Ikari's Hope Residents, you can make your choice public here, and I will count it among the corresponding option. Or if desired please find me whenever I am in town and let me know your thoughts.

[[players all have unique forum accounts, but NPCs don't. But NPCs can also vote. So PCs should use the poll and NPCs should comment, or ill get from plot a "general public opinion count" - which ever is easier for plot.]]

I will collect the poll's totals and add whatever I have been given by the community on the 14th and announce what the final opinion is.

Before I would cast a vote in any direction, I would like to at least touch base with the High Orc settlement. I've heard from the High Ogres, who seem to be happy, healthy, and who hold themselves to a large responsibility in Kaida Sanu as a whole (engaging undead where they arise in the main land and finding/removing necromancers who cause those breaches). I wonder if the Orc settlement serves a different but equal role that may be starting to become difficult since the Ogres have won. In addition, I just would like a gauge on their feelings toward this as a whole because so far, all history of this event has been written by the winners (to my knowledge).

Binar

I more or less attempting to get everyone mindful and in a direction that a decision as a group should be made. If in the event our guest told me simply his opinion or perspective that we join as a group and in truth we may fraction ourselves - dividing our resources will likely prove less useful than it would appear. So I'd recommend we still join or not as a group.

That said, a decision must be reached and we do not know how much time we will have to make that decision once we are given the option. They could ask us days in advance, they could ask us 5 minutes before we would need to depart. Making sure everyone is aware and preparing themself for a decision, will hopefully make that decision quicker and easier when the time comes. As well as with such notice able to get others in the town's opinion as it ultimately is them we would represent no matter how we participate, or not.

Back