Aging/Puberty of longer lived races

Status
Not open for further replies.

MathGwyson

Artisan
EDIT: I found the answer to my question under the 'Elf' section in the rule book, which indicates that they age the same way humans do until their late teens. Since Biata are described as having lifespans similar to Elves, I presume the same applies to them. So while I am dismayed that I did not get a reply yet - I did figure it out and this thread may be locked.

Many of us Biata here in Calgary have been a little confused about how old we should be based on our backgrounds (since we started low level, we figured we should be 'young' but are a bit unsure what 'young' means in this context)

Is childhood/puberty of these races (incl elves of various stripes) a direct proportion to the rest of their life span (IE: IS '160-180' years about the right age to be 'mature' since it is 16-18 in human years), or is the childhood/puberty range the same as for humans and then the 'extended lifespan' happens after that (which is what is the case in the most recent edition of Dugeons and Dragons - from birth to 18 all races more or less mature at the same rate. but then from 18 on the ageing process happens at the proportional rate to their lifespan)

EDIT: Semi-related - when Racial Transforming from a longer lived race to a shorter lived race, I presume it sets one to the appropriate percentage to the lifespan? Would a 200 year old biata transforming into a barbarian then be somewhere around the 20 year old range physically? (Of course he would still have 200 years of 'life experience' since his history and memories don't change)

I'm glad you found the answer to your question being in the rulebook. In general, answers to Plot-related questions are not appropriate for the ARC forum, and the rulebook, the national race packet, or your local race packet are probably the right places to find this information.

-Bryan Gregory
ARC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back