Alchemy When Tied at the Wrist

Status
Not open for further replies.

llywelyn

Artisan
Alice is tied up at the wrist using a rope, but no one manages to find that she has cleverly hidden a dominate alchemy packet+tag on her person (either because they didn't find it in a described search or because they did not search her). Since she is tied at the wrist her fingers and hands have some degree of flexibility and she manages to get out the alchemy packet.

Can she use it if she can successfully throw it and hit someone, even though she is tied at the wrist?

Alice is tied up at the wrist using a rope, but no one manages to find that she has cleverly hidden a dominate alchemy packet+tag on her person (either because they didn't find it in a described search or because they did not search her). Since she is tied at the wrist her fingers and hands have some degree of flexibility and she manages to get out the alchemy packet.

Can she use it if she can successfully throw it and hit someone, even though she is tied at the wrist?

I would say no. Our rules dictate that throwing an object requires a free hand. Ergo, I would say that even if you have some hand movement, you don't really have a free hand. The description of a "free hand" is listed on page 99, under Casting Spells (and I feel that the description can be applied to all things requiring a free hand).

Hands that are holding
something else, are broken, or are tied or
bound either physically or with a binding spell
are not “free.”

I would say that, for thematic purposes, she could kinda try lobbing it...but alas, it lacks the necessary force to break the vial, or be aimed appropriately.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back