All aboard! Last caravan out of Parson's Breach!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dontneednoname

Marshal
(Hold this till I'm done in the Tavern)

Walking out of the tavern Hamish spots Derya and Crow. He calls to them, "If you two are willing to wait we'll be forming a caravan for the trip to Calenhelm. You're company would be welcome." Much louder he begins to yell,"Defenders of Parson's Breach! Get your **** together, we're getting the fook out of here! Brotherhood prepare your mounts. Homeguard pack and report to the commons in 1 hour. Last one here cleans the latrines for a week." Marching off to his cabin he continues, "Wife, git yer arse moving. We've got a long way to go and it's not gettin' any warmer." His loud voice fades as he gets farther away.

Boris walks out of the forest leading Caval to the muster point. "Good day sarge, all packed and ready to go."

Walking out of the Tavern, Isawda's gaze sweeps around the commons, looking to spot Thistle before the gathering crowd departs.

*Kai emerges from her cabin, finally. Her fur is sticking up at all sort of odd angles, her clothing is rumpled, and she looks like she's lost about 20 pounds.*

Why is it so cold..? *She blinks and looks around, noticing the fallen snow for the first time.* What? How long have I been asleep for? *Eyeing the waiting crowd, she quickly heads to the bathrooms to freshen up after her long long nap.*

*She returns from the washrooms, looking tidier but still quite thin. She wanders towards the crowd, who seem to be packed for travel.* What's going on? Where is everyone going? What day is it? *Her stomach growls, and she fishes an apple out of her shoulder bag, only to find it half-rotted.* Oh ew! *She tosses it into the snow, and then wipes her paw on a clump of icicles. A second attempt in her bag rewards her with a lump of rabbit jerky and a very stale bun. She bolts the jerky, then gnaws on the bun as she stands around, waiting to see what's going on.*

Pulling a sheet a paper from pouch, Isawda writes and seals a quick note to the Fatespinner.
When it is finished, he looks around at the gathering caravan for Calenhelm.

"Might I ask one of those traveling to Calenhelm a small favour? I have a message that I would wish delivered to the Lady Zanthia if one of you would be willing to act for me?"

Looking around hopefully, Isawda awaits for a positive repsonse.

Turning to the sheriff, Boris speaks up. "I vill take it for you, Sheriff. I vill see dat it is given to de Lady Fatespinner for you."

Mar approaches the group from out of the forest his horse both covered in and loaded with furs "i'll travel with you lot" he says looking abit worse for wear nodding to boris and the other homeguard

"Graciously done Boris, you have my thanks!"
With that Isawda turns and heads for Fredrick's cabin...

A messenger wearing the tabard of the Earth Weavers appears around the corner of the tavern. Upon seeing the group in the commons, he approaches.

"Hale! I seek the leader of the Earth Weavers of Parson's Breach, the biata Isawda."

Last edited:
With a tired sigh, Isawda stops and turn about. "I am, perhaps, the senior member of the Earth Circle present in the Breach. Our leader is the Fatespinner, Lady Zanthia."

Respectfully nodding to the messenger he continues "How might I assist you?"

The messenger turns to Isawda, "As promised, I have returned to bring any Earth Weavers wishing to shorten their journey, through the portal to Calenhelm. Have you made your preparations?"

"A most gracious offer."
"Unfortunately the item that the Fatespinner charge me with obtaining is not yet in hand."
"It appears that I will be spending more of the winter season in the Breach than I had planned."
"Please let Lady Zanthia know that I will continue the search until it is recovered."

The messenger nods. "Lady Zanthia thought you might say that. Since everyone is returning to Calenhelm for the winter, she requests you return as well. The recovery efforts can be continued once everyone is in the city."

"Then so shall it be. I will fetch my few needful things and be back in but a moment."
A brief walk to his cabins and a quick gather of a few items into a bag, and Isawda returnd.
"I stand ready as the Lady Zanthia has requested."

Hamish strides into the commons leading his Highland pony, L'il Bastard. "Well, let's get cracking. Brotherhood, mount up. Garridan, Third take point for now. Homeguard on the flanks. The rest of you, if yer going through the portal then get on with it if not then move out. All aboard! The last caravan is leaving Parson's Breach," he cries as the mass of travellers gets moving on the road to Calenhelm.

Shifting the weight of his few possessions on his shoulder, Isawda looks around idly.
Portal travel was like much in the Breach.
Quick enough in and off itself.
But brutal in getting people organized and on thier way! <grin>

"Get me arse movin' he says, well he can fookin' well wait for me." muttering to herself, Morrigan ties the last of her gear onto her pony and then mounts up. Trotting up to Isawda she says "Oy Sheriff, be there any instructions for me while on the road? I guess you will be takin' that darn portal thingy back so we will be separated for a time until we meet again in the city."

Stepping closer Isawda lowers his voice,,,
"That there is. The matter of Fredrick's will and possessions may have been resolved with some unseemly haste. It appears that more than a few items may have gone.... missing."
Pausing he looks around carefully to be sure they are not overheard.
"The Lady Zanthia has charged that we are to get the bottom of the events. And recover the items that ended in unintended hands. So keep your eyes and ears alert for sound or sight of any such items, or any information on all those involved. But be careful, as it is likely to be a messy process."

Morrigan's pony turns its head into Isawda's shoulder for a scratching while Morrigan replies "Aye, I'll keep me ears n' eyes open then to anything that dinna seem right. I'll give ye a full report when we meet up in the city. Be safe Isawda, those darn squirrelly portals ain't to be trusted." She claps forearms with him and then turning her ponies head looks to see if the rest of those walking are ready yet to get moving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back