All aboard the Nero bus!

Who else here thinks that we should get a bus? Doesnt have to be a new bus: a good cheap bus that still works is all thats needed. It would have a huge NERO: Seattle logo on the side, with an area in the back for gear storage. Then when it comes time for an event, people say: "I dont have a ride! Come save me, Nero bus!" Thats when the Nero bus comes a rollin' your way, ready to deliver you to Millersylvania with all the other Nero-lings.

I think that would be the greatest thing ever.

Parking. Insurance. Tabs. Requires more than a Class C to drive I believe. Unlikely to come down and pick us up in Oregon.

Today I am a man of little words.

-Bryan

Nero Seattle Has a 75 Chevy Suberban.
It holds up to 6 people.
We will be the Monster camp vehicle. Dry costumes and packets. WOW!
what a concept.

It is huge! If anyone wants to help renivate the Beast let me know.
Any one have electrical skills? A wire from the turn signal is shorting out, we want to by pass the turn signal, but We dont want to cut the wrong one....

If at all possible we will bring it this event.
I cannot promise rides until the beast is ready.

We will do our best to have it up for this event if not It will be ready by June, but that doesnt solve the problem yet.

Yeah, Val's on the right track! As long as we got a Nero-mobile, everything is gravy.

Though I'm still pro-Nero bus. It would be cool to have a big bus for the Seattle folks, and a small bus for the Oregon folks (no jokes meant about short busses).

Nero bus line would be the best thing EVAR!

Great Idea, Some one would have to buy the bus, maintain the bus, and insure it.

Did anyone think of the maintanace cost of a bus?
The tires alone run about 950.00

So, find a Van or a short bus maybe. Yes a big bus would be cool.

Until then, we will work on hte Beast..........

Val

I'm thinking a short bus would be entirely too appropriate here. Waaaayyy too appropriate for our needs.

Jeff
see y'all at the bus stop south of olympia

Ummm *cough*....

I have a bus in storage at my folks place. I also have the requisite license to drive the thing.

If it weren't Heresy for me, I would call you Jesus.

Best I can do, though, is Saint Spoonemoore.

What kind of bus is it?

Johnathan Lancaster said:

What kind of bus is it?

*giggles!!!*

Johnathan Lancaster said:

What kind of bus is it?

Gods, I'm no saint, so don't even think about it.

As for what kind of bus is it? IT..is a former school bus, replete with the yellowish/orange-ish paint, and the obnoxious undercarriage luggage space. It's loud, it's smelly, and it runs. The tires are new, as are the brakes. Thank gawd it's an automatic.

Later all

Spoone

Out of curiosity, how much would it cost for a run to Olympia and back in terms of gas and stuff?

Shikar al'Basteua said:
Out of curiosity, how much would it cost for a run to Olympia and back in terms of gas and stuff?

First, I'd have to get tabs and insurance, but since it's *old* that's only $30. Gas for a monster 426 Ford bigblock is heinous, but they're big tanks (there's 2 of'em)...about $40? For a round trip?

The biggie is insurance. That thing is *huge* and I ain't up for driving it without a safety net.

I know that this is all a pretty big maybe, but can you imagine what it would be like to see a school bus filled with Elves, and Dwarfs, and everything you can imagine rolling down I-5!! If I saw that, I'd think I was dreaming!! This would be a great way to advertise!

See now thats the way to go!
Ok all short bus jokes aside, I was thinking cost etc.
hope it all works out

Wow! One question would you guys paint the nero logo on the side?

L.E. said:
can you imagine what it would be like to see a school bus filled with Elves, and Dwarfs, and everything you can imagine rolling down I-5!! If I saw that, I'd think I was dreaming!!
Huh, I forgot that most all of you didn't know that this actually ever happened. Back in the day, for my first event, we piled all of Nero Oregon into a school bus that Steve "Ogrebasher" Sheridan rented, and drove the 6 hours to Camp Rogie. It was really cool at the time, but that was prolly cause I was a newbie back then.

~Matt, OR variety

If anyone ever has a bus / van / mobile they want painted "ala Nero", contact me. I would offer up an airbrush job on the vehicle or could do some magnetic/vinyl banners.

Barry

P.S. Thanks for making me feel old Matt. I believe that was the start of the whole Fear/Hope plotline. Odd thinking it's been that long. :)

Back