All are invited to a Formal Dinner

Pokethulu

Fighter
Public Relations Committee
Greeting Citizens of Wayside,

I hereby grant an open invitation to all adventures, regents, and citizens of Wayside to join me at a formal gathering to be held the second night of the Market Day at Jarra’s Tavern. I will be hosting the first dinner to celebrate my inauguration into the Noble Order of the Ivory Oak. Please, join me for a pleasant dinner and wonderful conversation.

Many Thanks,
Liddia FallingStar

Oh, what a deliciously piquant wit! I have heard some exquisitely droll humour from the transients in Briarpass, but this is truly delightful. A "master" of Briarpass holding a debutante ball for her pity passage into the Order - in a bijou tavern at the trace ends of Wayside, no less. That this soirée is for the criminal daughter of a disgraced elven noble adds the perfect note of satire. Brava! But, I say, it's past the Day of Spring Fools, wouldn't this have been better timed five days ago?

Melisandra D'Epinard Tête
High Aesthetician, Arbor

Well done miss well done! Of course its a jest and a call for a learned civilized mind to rectify this and teach the denizens of this new regency in proper ettiqute. Thus the party is, if you choose to be there, to be held in your honour. The dual reason of course is to celebrate Briarpasses first flight into true civilized regency and the many accomplishments of its peoples. Its my hope that we can continue such parties every few months recognizing those who instill social progress, like yourself for reminding us all of the time old manners of parties.

All are welcome; just remember to leave your biases and disagreements at the door. Safe passage to and from are granted to each guest. If you feel you need security let me know. This dinner is for all and peace and pleasant surroundings are the optimum.

Liddia FallingStar

What a wonderful Idea Liddia, I cannot wait to come and enjoy a fine meal with so many of my old friends, of course I would enjoy meeting a new noble to the lands, although it seems to be in the poorest of taste not to at least inform the local Archdukes of your plans in advance, I will of course graciously forgive this unintentional slight we all make the occasional misstep after all.

I know how tempers can flair, so I will course gladly avail myself of this added security to help avoid any, disagreements....

Lurin, Eternal Archduke of Wayside.

Ist Wunderbar! Liddia! I was hoping for a party sometime dhis year. You must share wit' me your favored flavor so I might bake you a cake on dhis grand occasion. ;)

Fortune and Love,

~Marcey

*spit* Like im eating next to a gypsie.

Horton Hemhack
Proud GFW Member

Now, now Mr. Hemhack, Everyone is invited to this dinner, and while at the dinner there will be no violence. This is the way that a celebratory dinner should be. So as you are all invited, so may other adventurers in the area. Please keep in mind that this is intended to be a peaceful event. This is a friendly reminder all that wish to attend.

I will be attending as well Mistress Fallingstar, as I did in Andar. Thank you for the invitation.

May the clouds rolling in be your protection,
Lady Eldandiril
Keeper of peace and ettiquete.

Is not a worry you should be havin', Monsieur Hemhack, for ah'm sure you would be seated at de kiddie table by your manners, and ma soer Marcey will be wit' de grown ups talkin' 'bout grown up t'ings and usin' big words, so be a good boy an' don' spill your milk, eh?

Mah apologies, ah been tryin' to get away to visit yo' land, it sound...interestin', an' ah'm always up for a party, but we be hip deep in Void shard nonsense right now, so I be havin' to stay fo' a bit more. Congrats all around, an' pour a round to those less fortunate, who be forced to see de world through hate filled eyes.

~Raif

Liddia, just so you know my attendance to your party is going to be based on the same proven method of decision making that I've been using for sometime now....Whats on the Menu ^,..,^?

I'm looking forward to a formal banquet. Nice change to running after shadows, goblins, elementals, and large bugs that like to erupting out of people's chests. *Rubs his own chest and shivering a little* I would love to see all my friends once more.

Sae Azaka
Earth Healer & Potion Maker

Maxondaerth said:
Is not a worry you should be havin', Monsieur Hemhack, for ah'm sure you would be seated at de kiddie table by your manners, and ma soer Marcey will be wit' de grown ups talkin' 'bout grown up t'ings and usin' big words, so be a good boy an' don' spill your milk, eh?

Mah apologies, ah been tryin' to get away to visit yo' land, it sound...interestin', an' ah'm always up for a party, but we be hip deep in Void shard nonsense right now, so I be havin' to stay fo' a bit more. Congrats all around, an' pour a round to those less fortunate, who be forced to see de world through hate filled eyes.

~Raif

Come here and say that you good fur nothing child theif!

Horton

Congratulations, Liddia.

Your mother and father send their best wishes. Dramthin and I availed ourselves upon their company about a month ago, and they wish you well. Your mother is an interesting woman, as always she is warm and loving and kind. Your father was of course incredibly helpful, and intelligent and informative.

I will see about fashioning some clothing worthy of both my station and a formal dinner. I think with my recent bout of nightmares and insomnia this should not prove to be too much trouble.

If you've need of anything, please feel free to pidgeon, and I will come see you as I know you are presently detained and busy.

Mistress Liddia Fallingstar - Am I to understand you are extending sanctuary to the known vampire, Lurin Tuhan? I would think, given his illegal status in this region, his safe conduct would not be guaranteed.

Master Dramthin Hartsboon
Keeper of the Tainted Grove

Master Hartsboon,

As per my Order's code in Andar all those who can prove Nobility are allowed to attend. Now seeing that our last dinner was also graced by a Duke who was also undead that my change in the future. But, until that time Arch Duke Lurin is free to join us for dinner. I am sure that the Archduke will be able to arrange safe travel to and from given his skills in formal magics. As for Lurin's afflection...if he comports himself to a man of his title there should be no problem. This is a formal dinner for ALL to enjoy. If Skarn wishes to grant us his company then I will seat him too.

I have no direct power to grant sanctuary to either Arch Duke. Since, thier recent affelctions and no writs granting them amnesty. I only ask that we treat each other civillay during this time. I am sure you remember the brief armistace during the Underterian War. We ate with the orc generals. There are times for peace and times for war. This will be a time for peace.

Mistress FallingStar

Anyone seen having dinner at this location with Lurin Tuhaan will be charged with aiding and abaiting a necromancer.

Sheriff Cole

Cazzik,
I can not tell you exactly what is on the menu. But, it will include fine cheese and wine to help prepare the palate.
Liddia

Don't worry. Lurin won't be around for the dinner.

We will see. The dinner will start promtly at 6. Cheese and wine will be served at 5:30.

Hope to see you there,

Liddia Fallingstar

AllianceCHI said:
Anyone seen having dinner at this location with Lurin Tuhaan will be charged with aiding and abaiting a necromancer.

Sheriff Cole

Pssch. As well implicate the land for offering a necromancer footing, or the trees for sheltering him from the rain, as charge those in a dinner such a one would intrude on for aiding him by their mere presence. What of yourself? Obviously he still walks the land, does that not suggest that you are 'aiding and abaiting' his existence by not taking a lawbreaker into custody as is your duty?

Of course not. A situation where acting to counter such a threat is possible has not come up, and as such one could no more hold you responsible for his actions than those present when he chooses to intrude on the lives of law-abiding citizens.

-Padraig

Back