Alliance Crossroads WTF?

• Thread starter Deleted member 31657
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 31657

So I just signed up. Got two, two year memberships, bought a bunch of goblin stamps and now the chapter I choose is defunct, literally overnight.

What the hell is going on here?

The events taking place are being looked at by members of National Staff.

Any and all cooperation in keeping conversations on this topic civil and, above all, kind to members of this community (to staff of all kinds, and players alike!) is greatly appreciated.

I don't care about the personal stuff. Just looking for info on the future of the chapter and such. Heard Creative Misfits plans. Looking to get the Alliances and then go from there.

Looks like there's a letter to the players on their facebook page with some pretty ugly accusations in it. Not going to go into them here, as I'm certainly not involved and don't know any of the people personally, but this may get dramatic.

I would recommend cancelling the purchases, either with the recipient of your funds, or via your credit agency until such time as things are resolved. That is, if you're concerned about it.

Nothing else I can really say about it other than stuff happens. CYA and hug your towel. *shrug*

I've read it and understand, but like I said I don't care about any of that. Simply looking for info on the future of the chapter.

I already had to map out chapters to pick one between the void I live in. I'll end up in Chicago or PA or not larping at all depending on what happens.

Hugging my towel and ask for refund maybe the outcome.

It's probably going to take a bit of communication between chapter and National staff before information can be provided in these forums.

This is something that may be better handled by contacting the staff of the chapter you made the purchases in.

And apologies if that came off as me requesting that you specifically should remember to be kind, it was more a general statement. The topics are potentially very contentious and it's easy to try to come off with one tone and be read as something entirely different by others.

It's probably going to take a bit of communication between chapter and National staff before information can be provided in these forums.

This is something that may be better handled by contacting the staff of the chapter you made the purchases in.

And apologies if that came off as me requesting that you specifically should remember to be kind, it was more a general statement. The topics are potentially very contentious and it's easy to try to come off with one tone and be read as something entirely different by others.

That's the thing. What staff? The way I'm understanding it, they own everything and have taken everything leaving the license holder with nothing. Even no staff.

I guess patience will be a virtue here.

The staff of the organization that was operating the chapter. If you made a purchase from them for a product which they no longer offer and you received no part of I feel confident that they will return your money.

At present we are attempting to communicate with the contract holder and owner of the Ashville chapter.

What was announced was, essentially, the resignation of a portion of his staff. Those people do not have the authority to close the chapter or terminate his contract with Alliance LARP. We will communicate further once we reach out to him and determine what would be best.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Stephen Duetzmann
National Customer Service

I can vouch for the GB chapter in Pa. I know a handful of XR players already play there, and I'm sure they can also vouch for it if asked.
Also, bear in mind that What's happening with XR is not representative of the Alliance as a whole, regardless of the outcome.

See, after asking around Chicago isn't going to work for me. PA is an extra 4-6 hours driving...

Also Christina Velderman, the owner of creative crossroads has not replied to emails for a refund and I'm having to do it as a headache claim through PayPal. 280 dollars, flushed at the moment.

This is starting to leave a sour taste in my mouth.

Hi HouseMan (sorry that I do not have your real name at this moment.)
Please send an email to our Customer Service Representative, and feel free to CC me on it (alibuntemeyergm@gmail.com) and we will start a chain there.

Thanks,
Ali Buntemeyer
Alliance Chairman

Here is a link to creative crossroads/misfits letter admitting they've been planning this since September 2015.

[Link Removed] - Paladin of Life

Christina Velderman herself was the one who told me they could meet my requirements in November. I can produce the emails if necessary.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=o87aee&s=9

Above is my paypal transaction from November after speaking with her. They then pull this is January. It's almost fraudulent.

I got a message or two asking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay. Well yeah. Message me for the link.

I'd also like to clarify that actual alliance staff has been quite helpful with me.

Alright, I got a refund today from them. Tried contacting all the closest chapters to me, even tried looking into "buying/building" at faire play as a solution. That said I can't make it for whatever reason.

Anyway, all the best, won't be seeing ya'll.

Back