Alliance Crossroads WTF?

• Thread starter Deleted member 31657
  • Start date
Hey HouseMan,

I know you had a pretty rough experience with your attempt to enjoy one of our chapters. That's no bueno, and as a staff member from another game, I genuinely understand that we have a really big impact on your perception of a game, -especially- if its your earliest experiences.

The first time I started LARPing 15 years ago, I had a pretty crappy experience. It was -bad-. But thankfully, I gave it another shot and found out it was a lot of fun.

Now, as New Player Representative for my chapter, I try to make certain that the first experience a player has with our game creates a lasting relationship with our organization, and our community.

I'm pretty certain that a nearby chapter can offer you a great time. I hope you give it a fair opportunity to impress you.

Cheers, my friend.

--Evan

If you contacted the GB chapter, give them time to respond. Knowing the person who usually responds to new players (Tyson), I know he is a fairly busy person with family and his job. He will contact when possible, and usually quickly.

Yeah, it's the offseason right now for a lot of chapters, so email traffic can be a bit slow since staff are either taking a well-earned break or heavily invested in getting things set up for the new season. :)

Chicago (6+ hours), Gettysburg (10+ hours), and Headquarters (12+ hours) can not accomdate me.

All chapters have responded and were polite. I even tried buying/building a cabin with faire play, but that's a no go also.

Charlottesville (8+ hours) and Asheville (6+ hours) are "defunct" for now. Any other chapter is too far.

I'm a victim of location, situation and circumstance. I'll be larping, just not with Alliance and definitely not with Creative whatever they end up being.

Like I said all the best and not ya'll's fault.

Chicago is worth the Drive, I routinely make a 7 hour drive down there for the vast majority of their events. But then I just enjoy traveling so it might seem like less of a deal to me ^.^

Yeah, that's about the drive time out to Chicago from central Iowa as well, so I understand entirely how the drive can hurt.

Just did a 7 hour drive back from the secondary site Seattle uses. It's brutal, but man, was it worth it.

Have you looked at Southern Minnesota? If you're in Iowa that would strike me as closer. They seem pretty on the ball from my experiences with their season pass.

Have you looked at Southern Minnesota? If you're in Iowa that would strike me as closer. They seem pretty on the ball from my experiences with their season pass.

I'm in southern central Kentucky, Chicago is 6+ hour drive as is/was Asheville. South MN closest site (Jordan, MN I believe) is farther for me than HQ.

Hello, I am a fledgling addition to the staff at the Crossroads chapter, and happy to say that we are alive and well.
Last year we held 4 events at our new site in Tennessee, they were rather small but growing fast. This year we have 5 more to look forward to.
I'm sorry to hear that this happened to you House Man. We did have a rough patch for a minute there, and don't know if it's customary or what, but I would personally be willing to help cover you for a blanket or an event here as a small consolation for the trouble you went through.
The plot of land we are working with is pretty amazing, and the potential of having a massive LARP specific space is really a special thing. I'm super excited to get to work on the site again this year, and help build new trails and structures to boost the quality of play we can offer.

As a current player for Alliance Crossroads I can say that the chapter is doing very well. 32 acres of land being developed specifically for LARP. Right now of course the site still requires roughing it in a tent or getting a room at a hotel. Last season was amazing and if you check out their facebook or website you can see some really cool pictures of both players and staff on site. Hope to see you this season HouseMan!

Back