Alliance Events Google Calendar

Savya

Hey everyone,

I created a Google calendar for all of the US Alliance events. Basically I created this because I have a personal Google calendar, and I ran a calendar for events because I liked being able to keep them separate from everything else I have going on (that and I'm kinda OCD, so this appeals to me a lot, hehe). I initially started out only adding events on the East Coast, but I kept expanding it, and eventually I was just adding all events nationwide. I realized that this might be a useful tool for others as well -- especially those of us who play in multiple chapters -- so I decided to make it a public calendar. Note that the event descriptions are included, as well as map locations (where I could find them). I took information from the Alliance event page, as well as individual chapter websites (when available).

Voila! - http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?sr ... a/New_York

For those of you who use Google calendar, this is public, so you can add this one to your own calendar page as a separate calendar. For those of you who do not use Google calendar, I highly recommend it. It's free, you do NOT need to have a gmail address to use it, and it includes links to the event locations in Google maps (where available) so that you can print out directions -- pretty handy, eh? ;) Clicking on any event will bring up the details for that event. Note that you can change the view from day, week, month, or agenda. If you prefer the "list" of events, as opposed to viewing them in the calendar layout, you can hit the "agenda" tab and the dates will appear as a list. Also, if you want to only add individual events to your own calendar (say, you want to add all the CT events, but nothing else, for example), then you can do so. For those of you who are proficient with Google calendar, you'll note that you can embed this calendar into your website and customize the embed code according to your preferences... *wink, wink, nudge, nudge*....

If any of the information contained in this calendar is incorrect, do please send me an email at savyakoshka at gmail dot com and I will gladly correct it. I tried to add correct campsite locations wherever possible, but in some cases I could not find this information so it is left blank. I would love to include correct maps for every event, so your input is appreciated! Please bear in mind that this is just a calendar I created for myself personally and chose to share it with all of you as I thought others might find it useful. This is by no means intended to step on toes or anything of that nature. :) If you like it, feel free to use it, share it, yada yada.

Ciao,
Savya

Yea this is awesome.

Glad I saw this - didn't know the August HQ event was a low level one. Used to be a tourney or something...

Thanks guys!

I just updated the NJ events to have the correct campsite address. Now the map should give you correct directions.

~ Savya

Robb Graves said:
September is the tourney.

I know! I'm sorta sad, because I'll be back in school by then... :? I like tournaments...

Back