Alliance-folk Holiday Party

jpariury

Duke
December 11th, 5pm - whenever people are done

Holly is throwing a December Holiday (Christmas, Hanukkah, JP-is-Awesome-Day, whatever) party for Alliance players and staff folks at our house in Corvallis. (Obviously, I'm also part of the hosting, but it's mostly Holly's idea, so she deserves the credit. :) ). We'll be cooking up a roast ham and assorted accouterments, having party games, and otherwise enjoying one another's company in a very out-of-game fashion. If people wish, a five-dollar donation to go towards defraying the cost of food and such would be appreciated, but is in no way required.

For activities, there may be some Foosball, some darts, some card games, some Charades, some backyard sparring, and so on. Maybe we'll pop in Monster Camp and talk about that jerk calling a hold because he thought someone wasn't taking their damage, who knows? There will also be a gift exchange: people taking part in it are asked to provide a wrapped gift that may be used as an in-game prop (cups, plates, candles, banner, sign, you decide, whatever), with a $10 spending limit.

Anywho, y'all are invited! If people are driving far, or have reason to not be driving late at night, couch and/or floor space will be provided. We may even be able to scrounge up an inflatable mattress or two.

Well I am interested in popping down and enjoying the festivities and pleasant company.

I will see who in the Company might also want to go, but I will bring a gift and help defray some of the costs.

Very awesome.

I'm in for festivities, cost-splitting, and gifties.

I'll be bringing some board games too, if there's interest.

Excellent, that is the weekend in December for which I don't have other plans. I'll put "JP is Awesome Day (observed)" on my calendar, and see if I can't scrounge together a gift. I do have two signs I'm looking to get rid of...

I'll also likely be bringing all my games, since they mostly don't leave my car nowadays.

Might I suggest posting an address for people who want to attend or send you hate mail? I'm sure there are several people I could bribe for it myself, but that doesn't seem as fun.

I will be there, I have a great idea for a gift if I can pull it off. Bwahahaha.

Sadly Cymryc and I will not be able to make it, because happily we will be in Walt Disney World! :D

Sad to miss the party but I do wish for you all to have some great fun!

I say next year we have a party at Walt Disney World! :) You guys will be missed.

I hadn't decided yet whether or not I should post the address on teh itarwebz, or do it via PM as the date gets closer, or set up a private Facebook event, or what. We got a month, we'll figure it out. :)

*can only imagine Gypsy Camp shouting perverse piratey slogans back at the the Pirates of the Caribbean ride*

iWolfe said:
*can only imagine Gypsy Camp shouting perverse piratey slogans back at the the Pirates of the Caribbean ride*

And hitting on all the women in the ride of course!

I will try to make it but I am not yet sure of my schedule yet so put me down as a maybe.

Who-hoo. I was suppose to work that weekend, but someone needed this weekend off so I got traded.

I'm pretty sure I can go to this. Sounds fun!

Egor said:
iWolfe said:

And hitting on all the women in the ride of course!
and trying to steal their drinks

Sh! We are the Rom. We don't steal. Any anyone who says otherwise will just have to prove it, won't they? :cool:

trying to "acquire" their drinks?

I'm planning on going if I can get a ride, would someone in the Portlandy area be up for giving me a ride down there?
Amanda

Back