Alliance LARP Wins 2013 Philly Comicon Best in Show

In a field of approximately 200 of the best cosplayers and costumers on the East Coast, Alliance LARP takes home best in show. The audience numbered between 2000-3000.

That's awesome. Do we have some pictures to share from the event? We have started doing some conventions recently and getting some visual ideas of how to draw more people in (especially cosplay/costumers) would be appreciated.

Also congratulations!

This is amazing for so many reasons, the best being: A fantasy LARP won a costume contest at a COMIC BOOK convention!

Congratulations!

-MS

I would also like to see some photographs. :D

We'll try to get some pics up this week. We're still at the con and pretty tired.

Amazingly tired. The win came againsst about 200 other entrants.

You have not truly lived until you dance in a flash mob sponsored by the zombie run with your beautiful elf wife and Wonder Woman and Black Canary...while Superman and Green Arrow take pictures. I always knew those guys were wall flowers. :thumbsup:

One gentleman I met from another group was dressed as an ogre. He told me someone came up to him and said, "You look good, but not as good as the Alliance orc."

We definitely got our name out there.

So many people at the comicons (that are really now pop culture cons) have no idea LARP exists at all. We got a few "like in role models?" and a few "I've thought about that." But most people were like "What the heck is live action roleplaying?" I think the comicons are actually better than the gaming cons for recruiting, as a lot of gamers already larp or have made the decision not to larp.

We also got a lot of "Are you from Skyrim" or "Are you from World of Warcraft?" The first one has become an inside joke with our con team we hear it so often.

All the pics are on facebook and I don't rightly have the impetus to post them here right now. Hopefully I'll get some up on the Alliance Facebook tomorrow or later this week...unless someone else takes the horns and gets it done. We're likely all recovering though, as it was a four day con and that wears you out.

Duke Frost said:
All the pics are on ebay and I don't rightly have the impetus to post them here right now. Hopefully I'll get some up on the Alliance Facebook tomorrow or later this week...unless someone else takes the horns and gets it done. We're likely all recovering though, as it was a four day con and that wears you out.

eBay? Was that a typo or are they being sold for some reason?

-MS

I meant facebook. I was doing a million different things when I was typing that. I also think I just like ebay better than facebook.

Could we get a link to the pics or could you upload them to an imgur album so we see without Facebook?

AWESOME! Congratulations on such a huge win!

Finally, big thanks to:

Kyle Spriggle (con group organizer and all around mad man)
Shawna Passalaqua (MVP of the convention)
Tom Wilson (most likely to get you a jack and coke)
Joe Driscoll
Amy Resele (premier schmoozer)
Drew Resele (most likely to be mistaken for Steven King)
Sean Guinan
Alex M.
Josh Yoder
Danni Yoder
Danielle Darwell (most likely to flash mob dance)
Dan Mckiernan (leafiest guy)
Deirdre Kondrk (most likely to be mistaken for a Frazetta painting)

If I'm forgetting anyone, please feel free to punch me in the face next time you see me :thumbsup:

Just a note: Joe, Sean, Alex, Danni and Josh are our friends from Legacy LARP. This weekend was total proof that different LARPs can work together to promote and better LARP in general.

Back