Alliance National Database Announcement 1-2

Warlok

Adept
With our list of Mission Objectives completed, we are moving on to Phase 2 of the Database Design process.

In this Phase, we are collecting examples of how the data in the existing database is collected and displayed. We're looking at what forms are used to collect the data, reports created by the database, etc. What we also would like to see are any personal trackers or forms that you use to keep track of your characters' progress and growth, as well as any other game-related events or activities which you think are important to keep a record of.

Please send an example of any useful trackers that you use to jarhead AT g mail DOT com.

After we've had a chance to review the examples that we receive, we'll be asking for your input on ways to improve or change them to better collect or display this information.

-Luke

:thumbsup: :lol:

12, actually. 7 in this Stage, then 3 and 2...it's all outlined in another post about the overall project...if I weren't on my phone, I'd link it. :)

-Luke

Edit: Here's the link! viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11304

So you are looking for tracking sheets that we use for like production expenditure, goblin stamp tracking, npc sign up info etc?

Yes, exactly, Kyle! We're looking for any kind of form or tracker that is used to collect the data which will fulfill the Mission Objectives that have been established.

The idea is that with all of these forms gathered together, we can figure out what information is collected, whether it's really necessary or not, and also make sure we aren't missing some key piece of info that we haven't thought about before.

We're looking for screenshots, excel files, word documents, scanned scraps of note paper, etc. Whatever method you find useful for collecting information.

-Luke

*BUMP*

Without the input and participation of other players, this project is limited to being a direct copy of current Alliance Databases. If you, the players, have any ideas for improvement, this is the most appropriate and efficient means of having those ideas reviewed and potentially implemented.

-Luke

Any and all input is welcome! This is your chance to have direct input into the future look of the databases.

-Luke

I would like an online user interface that would allow me to:
1) Check/in do logistics online and print my own battleboard (to be signed off by logistics upon check-in)
2) Have a tracking for my MI's (ID#, LCO, effects, expiration, etc.) that would also then link to my battleboard (to be signed off by logistics upon check-in)
3) Be able to review/track which events I have been credited for
4) Spend build on skills that I have already learned (I would have to submit a teacher card to logistics to be able to spend build)
5) Spend build on craftman other skills, and be able to enter the names of said skills within the database
6) Be able to e-mail my own card to the logistics team of the chapter I would be visiting
7) Be able to update my own contact info and keep it up to date (address, e-mail, other demographic info)
8) Be able to enter my food allergy and/or medical conditions online so that it is included with my character card when pre-registering.
9) Be able to create a new character online and set up the initial skills that character knows
10) Be able to designate which character I want monthly blankets to go, and be able to turn on/off monthly blankets
11) Be able to track my gobbies: donations (credits) and expenditures (debits)
12) Be able to upload a picture to my profile or to my character
13) Track my membership and/or renewal status
14) Get an automated e-mail when my membership has expired/ is due for renewal

Logistics would need to know:
1) that I printed off and/or configured my battle board
2) what MI's I was pre-registering
3) review/edit the build I have spent (e.g., inappropriate craftsman other)

Unless the MI is Linked or Locked to the person, I don't think it should go on the main battleboard. If an item gets stolen, it would be harder to rip your battleboard apart than just hand over this other idea:

Smaller "battleboards," IE single tags that have the effects of one item (Bane Curse 1/d, Cloak Curse 2/d, for example) with little check-boxes. They can be formatted to fit a certain amount of check-boxes, or lines, and can be printed on the currently blank bottom of the page of the battleboard. That way, items can be prologisted and printed out, and there will be even fewer tags to pull. Logistics teams could have software on their side that let them track items by item number, and could just check them off to make them come up as the next printed tag at the bottom... fields that contain info about the item number, rits on the item, and expiration dates, and could make checking everything during logistics periods faster. Match up MI tag to mini-board to item, and off the player goes.

Back