Alliance Oregon Donation Drive

Azath

Alliance Oregon is currently hosting its DONATION DRIVE!!! We’re trying to raise $2000 (or more!) for a new trailer to house Monster Camp! This would mean fewer storage payments for our organization, as well as easier means of bringing Monster Camp to and from events, and so much more!

To do this, we have the following donation drive bonuses going on:
  • Donations: All donations are currently going for 10 gobbies per $1! That’s a fantastic deal! Blanket a weekend for only $6! This is a great opportunity to stock up on gobbies for blanketing our eight weekend events in 2020, as well as getting monthly blankets for one of your characters housed in Oregon! Donations can be made to paypal@allianceoregon.com or via our ART SALE or S(h)ave the Beard competition below!
  • ART SALE!!! Yes, that’s right, we’re having an ART SALE! Members of our awesome community have volunteered their artistic skills to Alliance Oregon and we’ll be putting them to work! Choose from things like custom-made oathrings, leather journals, songs played at game, and much, much more! Each donation grants the art in question, PLUS 10:1 gobbies on top of it! What an insane deal!!! You can check out our sale at our StorEnvy store: https://allianceoregon.storenvy.com/
    • As a note, we’ll be refreshing the store periodically (and posting about it here when we do), so multiple people have a chance to buy things. Good luck!
  • The Beard S(h)ave: Rick, our mighty owner, has put us up to a challenge! He will shave or save his beard if we reach our $2000 goal, depending on who gets the most donations! Want to get rid of that beard? Donate to the Shave the Beard fund on our StorEnvy site (https://allianceoregon.storenvy.com/). Want to save it? Donate to the Save the Beard fund on StorEnvy! We’ll update this post periodically with who’s winning. At the end of the event, we’ll film Rick shaving his beard (if that one wins), and post it here for your amusement. If Save the Beard wins, we’ll post a pick of Rick’s beautifully bearded face. NOTE: We MUST reach our $2000 goal for the beard to be shaved. Help us out! All donations gain 10:1 gobbies as well. How can you go wrong?!?
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Email plot@allianceoregon.com or owner@allianceoregon.com, or feel free to DM @prashka!

Update: We're nearly halfway to our goal and Save the Beard is winning by $130! Can we make our goal??? YES WE CAN WITH YOUR HELP! Thanks so much!

Update! Shave the beard is now ahead by $215!! Are we going to see that illustrious chin after all??? Only you can help decide!

Update! Shave the beard is now ahead by $215!! Are we going to see that illustrious chin after all??? Only you can help decide!
D:

Update! We only have $145 left to hit our goal in our donation drive (although more is better, and who doesn't love 10:1 gobbies???)!! And Shave the Beard is ahead by $225!

Will the beard go? You have the power to decide!

Congratulations! We did it! We reached our $2k goal! And the current beard total is $185 to Shaving the Beard!

However, the drive continues, now with some added perks!

If we reach $3k, several staff members have volunteered to take 3 whipped cream pies to the face from 3 randomly selected local donors! (Event(s) that this occurs at must be mutually agreed upon. Will occur at closing. Must choose from volunteered staff members only.) Current choices include New Player Rep Krystina and Aer'Astria Plot Member Jason!

If we reach $4k, our BroS head of plot, Ben will join the fate of the beard!

If we reach $5k, our BroS plot member, Sean will also join in the fate of the beard!

Keep going, people! We can help our Monster Camp be awesome if we just keep working towards our goal!

Hey all! We're at just over $2200 raised with a bunch more to go! Currently, Shave the Beard is ahead by $185, but it's anyone's game! Get donating! :D https://allianceoregon.storenvy.com/

Update! Over the weekend we had a few more donations come in! We're now at almost $2300, with Shave the Beard currently ahead by $145! We're still hoping to raise some more money to get this trailer going, so please donate! Thank you!!!

Update! Save the Beard got a bunch of donations in last night! Shave the Beard is only ahead by $90 now!

We've done some updating in the store as well, A few of the out of stock items have been renewed and we'll be adding more in over the next few days. Stay tuned for more!

Update! We're less than $200 from throwing pies in the faces of some of our staff members! Who doesn't love that???

Shave the Beard is still $65 in the lead, but that gap is closing. Will the beard be saved???

My glorious beard is feel pretty smug right now.

Update! It's been a while because of our event, but here's where we stand:

We have raised over $3500 towards our trailer! Yay! That means we are going to be pieing 3 volunteers in the face! Sweet!

It also means we're less than $500 from Ben T, our BroS head of Plot, joining in the fate of the beard!

Speaking of the Fate, currently Shave the Beard is in the lead by $80! It's still anyone's game. Can we reach $4000 by the 17th??? Only time will tell!!!

Bump! We added some new stuff! There's some incredible art by Mark Lawrence and a $100 gift card to Colorado Foam Forge! Woah!

Hey all! We're less than $300 from BroS head of plot Ben joining in the fate of the beard, which is currently $80 for SHAVE THE BEARD! Our donation drive ends on SUNDAY, so get those donations in!!! :D

Only 5 days left to go and we're just $89 from Ben T joining the Fate of the Beard at our $4000 goal! Can we make it??? Only with your help!

Shave the Beard is currently ahead by $130, so it's anyone's game still!

Only 5 days left to go and we're just $89 from Ben T joining the Fate of the Beard at our $4000 goal! Can we make it??? Only with your help!
My face is already so cold. D:

Hey all! Last call for our donation drive! The drive will end SUNDAY NIGHT (slash Monday morning when I get to work)! We've discounted some items (Downtimes now only $15!! Woah!) and added a few new ones over the course of the event, so go check them out and pick something up!

This is also your last chance to vote for Shave or Save the beard! We're currently $89 shy of Ben (BroS HoP) joining in the fate of the beard, and Shave is currently ahead by $130! Can we make it? Only with your help!

Do the thing! Get some gobbies! Enjoy yourself!

http://allianceoregon.storenvy.com/

The 2019 Alliance Oregon donation drive has officially ended. We have received $4,161 in donations and Shave The Beard has won by $115, which was much closer than I thought it would be. We are extremely humbled by the response from people around the Alliance, this completely blows our goal of $2,000 out of the water and, I am certain, skyrockets this to the most successful donation drive that Alliance Oregon has ever had.

Your Broken Shards Head of Plot, Benjamin Thayer, has already shaved his beard for your amusement and we have the video to post shortly. Details to follow as we work it out with Ben what form he wishes for that to take.

I will be shaving his beard LIVE on Facebook's Alliance Oregon group at 6:15pm PST on Thursday. If you aren't on Facebook, we will be posting up the video afterward on YouTube. Make sure you join the Facebook group so you can join in as I shave my beard for the first time in over eight years. Behold the horror of a chin that has been protected by a dense covering of hair for nearly a decade!

Last but not least, you have all unlocked the ability to see some of our staff members take a pie to the face. Details for that will also follow shortly.

Alliance Oregon Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/allianceoregon/

Last edited:
If you missed the Facebook video of me keeping to my word and shaving my illustrious beard after we absolutely shattered the goals set forth by this year's donation drive, here is the YouTube upload:

Back