Alliance rulebook 2.0 pictures

Auric

Administrator
Alliance Owner
Work on creating the finalized ARB 2.0 will begin very shortly, we are looking to obtain pictures from the community which can be used in the new rulebook.
If you have any of yourself or containing a group who are all OK with their photo being used please email them to me at gm@alliancelarp.com.

So I am a makeup artist who loves playing around with fantasy looks and I was wondering, do you need these pictures to be from actual events or would it be okay if I do a little character photo shoot in the woods?

So I am a makeup artist who loves playing around with fantasy looks and I was wondering, do you need these pictures to be from actual events or would it be okay if I do a little character photo shoot in the woods?

From past experience, I can tell you that photo shoots end up providing some of the best pictures for the books.

Hey all - when submitting, please also include your home chapter so we can try to spread out chapter representation in the new book.

I'd also love to be able to share some of the photos you send in on the Alliance Facebook page (with proper crediting of course!), so if you prefer they not be shared on social, please specify that when you email Matt.

Feel free to DM with any questions!

Hey all - when submitting, please also include your home chapter so we can try to spread out chapter representation in the new book.

I'd also love to be able to share some of the photos you send in on the Alliance Facebook page (with proper crediting of course!), so if you prefer they not be shared on social, please specify that when you email Matt.

Feel free to DM with any questions!

Totally forgot to do that. Sent an e-mail stating what chapter it was for!

Also, there's an Alliance Facebook page? I thought it was just chapter specific ones.

Totally forgot to do that. Sent an e-mail stating what chapter it was for!

Also, there's an Alliance Facebook page? I thought it was just chapter specific ones.

Thanks, Ruki!

Hah! Our problem exactly! There is an Alliance-wide one that we're working to get more content onto, here: https://www.facebook.com/AllianceLARP/

Do we have a deadline on when these need to be sent in by?

Was there an answer to this question yet? The Chicago Dark elves are wanting to do a Group photo - but we need to know a timetable to adjust everyone's schedules and such.

Hoping to have the majority of them by end of February, if you can get it in by early March I think that will be ok.

Hi everyone - please see below for images that we need. This is not an exclusive list, and may be added to as more things are thought of, but want to give you a comprehensive overview on what we're looking for; if you see something that is missing, feel free to submit it and/or let us know so we can get it added.

We are asking for all images to be sent by Sunday, 3/10. As stated above, please email to gm@alliancelarp.com with your chapter name, and if you or your subjects are not okay with them being used for social media, please specify.

We need images that show or can be used to show –

Races
  • Biata
  • Dark Elf
  • Dryad
  • Dwarf
  • Elf
  • High Ogre
  • High Orc
  • Hobling
  • Human
  • Oathsworn
  • Selunari
  • Stone Elf
  • Sylvanborn
  • Wylderkin

Classes
  • Adept
  • Artisan
  • Fighter
  • Rogue
  • Scholar
  • Scout
  • Spellsword

Effects (Only one may be used in the rulebook for Effects overall and all may not be possible to capture in an image, but it’d be great to have all so we have options)
  • Alteration
  • Binding
  • Coating
  • Command/Greater Command
  • Curse
  • Earth
  • Eldritch Force (Mend Armor)
  • Evocation
  • Protection/Enhancement
  • Necromancy

Weapons
  • Archery/Crossbow
  • Blunt weapon
  • Claws
  • One handed blunt
  • One handed edge
  • One handed master
  • Polearm
  • Small weapon
  • Staff
  • Thrown weapon
  • Two handed sword
  • Two handed master
  • Two weapons
  • Various shield sizes (can be stationary shields in 1 shot)

Armor
  • Appears to be leather or thick cloth
  • Appears to be thick leather
  • Appears to be chain, scale, or brigandine
  • Appears to be solid plate
  • Refitting arcane armor
  • Refitting self
  • Refitting someone else

Production
  • Crafting station
  • Identifying a Production item
  • Player with potions/vials
  • Reading Battle Scroll

Skills
  • Alchemy
  • Applying a weapon coating
  • Arming or Disarming a Trap
  • Blacksmith
  • Crafting
  • First Aid/Healing Arts
  • Meditate
  • Mental Abilities
  • Merchant
  • Potion making
  • Scroll scribe
  • Teacher

Magic
  • Celestialist with a Wand
  • Channeling
  • Circle of Power
  • Earth caster with a Relic
  • High Magic
  • Magic Item identification
  • Resurrection
  • Ritual casting
  • Storm

NPC
  • NPC nobility
  • NPC swarm
  • NPC with claws
  • Undead (for the Doom clarification)

General
  • Focus mechanic
  • Game room
  • Getting knighted
  • Nobility with belts
  • Packet types (all in 1 shot)
  • Search
  • Trap types (scroll, gas, explosive, noisemaker, mechanical)

Multiple images of fighting/sparring to illustrate the many different types of blows or strikes
Multiple images of adventurers for filler photos
Multiple images of battles for filler photos
Multiple images of different types of NPCs in makeup

As a note, this is not how they will be laid out in the actual rulebook, simply how I opted to keep my sanity while organizing topics. Feel free to post or DM any questions!

Friendly reminder that today is the last day to submit photos! Please send to gm@alliancelarp.com tonight with your chapter name, and if you or your subjects are not okay with them being used for social media, please specify. Can't wait to see your photos!

I can't wait to see all the awesome pictures that people submitted!

Back