Alliance Rulebook 2.1 Draft 10

Auto injector is referring to non-instant durations. Sleep has a duration of 5 minutes. See attached. Also please do not use the spell/skill descriptions in the cma as they have not been updated. Please use the 2.1 draft 10 rulebook

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230829-084307_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
    Screenshot_20230829-084307_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 12
It says the same thing... auto injector doesn't mention "duration" unclear wording that needs to be corrected then.

Wait a minute; so you are now saying that if you prep your auto injector with an Awake it does not fix a sleep effect? Why would you even have this ability in your auto injector than?????

Wait a minute; so you are now saying that if you prep your auto injector with an Awake it does not fix a sleep effect? Why would you even have this ability in your auto injector than?????
No, it would still fix a sleep. The issue being brought up is that the word instant is used in the description for sleep, although it definitely has a timed duration.

that is because sleep spall is a command spall

It says the same thing... auto injector doesn't mention "duration" unclear wording that needs to be corrected then.
Spells/effects have instantaneous effects. Paralysis, Sleep, Charm, etc. but they all have a duration. 5 minutes, 5 minutes, 10 minutes, etc.

I did check Mettle and that description states, "non-instantaneous duration"
And auto injector states, "non-instantaneous Effect"

I will agree that the wording of Auto Injector should match that of Mettle by using "duration".

1693403161306.png
Page 57.

I saw some earlier discussions about changing the wording to "using a tagged source" to prevent confusion about what Spark can be used with. I think that would be very ideal. Especially since a Source can no longer be purchased at Logistics with coin. https://alliancelarp.com/forum/threads/arc-proposal-2-1-allow-sources-to-be-crafted.44125/

1693403576711.png
Page 70.
OATAM specifically calls out Spark as not usable as a source (which is great!), but...

1693403647216.png

Page 69.
Higher Manifestation does not call out that Spark cannot be used with it (it mentions Sources, which is helpful but doesn't answer the Spark issue).

1693406117393.png
Page 65.
Since a Source can no longer be purchased at Logistics with coin, this needs to be updated as well.
https://alliancelarp.com/forum/threads/arc-proposal-2-1-allow-sources-to-be-crafted.44125/

Last edited:
Page 69.
Higher Manifestation does not call out that Spark cannot be used with it (it mentions Sources, which is helpful but doesn't answer the Spark issue
Higher Manifestation doesn't need to call out that Spark can't be used with it since Higher Manifestation states its allowing someone to channel elements and use their channeling pool. Spark does not use any part of the channeling pool.

That question was asked and answered here https://alliancelarp.com/forum/threads/spark-and-higher-manifestation.43667/

We are trying to stay away from listing what someone can't do and instead state what can be done. This helps keep the book down to a minimum while also having the mindset of, "if it doesn't say I can, I can't".

Tinkering Globes, p. 85, mentions "weapon strike pin" as a possible verbal. There's no Pin Globe creatable by Tinkering.

1693589851819.png

I believe i asked this question once before , but did not get an answer, when this new rulebook is finalized will it come hard out in a printed form?

David Raatz

p. 101, Unbinding Blade: the description mentions "Destruction/Stun Strike," but the skill's name is actually "Destruction/Stun Blow."

Page 9 current:

You may also purchase Spellcrafting Reagents for 50
Goblin stamps. These Reagents may only be used at the
event you purchase them, and only for the purpose of
Spellcrafting.

Recommended:

You may also purchase Spellcrafting Reagents for 50
Goblin stamps each.
This has been reviewed.

Hello Docs! Thank you for the continuing opportunities to have a direct impact by providing backup on the Rulebook.

"Logistics Period" is mentioned frequently throughout the text, but never clearly and concisely defined. Perhaps a prime spot would be in the Logistics section?
This has been reviewed.

Explosive traps are missing from the Traps Physrep section. I assume it should be included with globe and scroll traps.

• Alchemy Globe, Explosive, and Scroll Trap physreps must be a minimum of 32 cubic inches, with no dimension less than one inch.

Explosive traps are missing from the Traps Physrep section. I assume it should be included with globe and scroll traps.

• Alchemy Globe, Explosive, and Scroll Trap physreps must be a minimum of 32 cubic inches, with no dimension less than one inch.
The grammar is wrong here. The way it is written any alchemy globe would need to be 32 cubic inches. That would be one heck of a large packet! It should be alchemy globe traps, explosive traps, and scroll trap physreps . . .

Back