Alliance Survival Horror Event - Who wants in?

Mike suggested that someone run a modern setting zombie event...

So I made the mistake of mentioning an idea I've been kicking around in my head, an alternative Alliance event in which people are encouraged, just for fun, to build modern day, non-fantasy versions of one of their Alliance characters. And then we throw them into a pit of survival horror.

I was thinking of a one shot, but if it went really well, and a bunch of chapters got on board, maybe we could have it be an ongoing thing, like once a year or something.

But for now...

I need to know who would be willing to help run this (don't worry, we'll write you actual roles, not gonna have you stumbling around moaning for 36 hours) and who would be intereted in playing. I'm thinking of doing a shift system, so more people could pc.

We would need people to help write a simple, modern day version of the Alliance rules, cuz, well, we know it. We would also need people willing to help build props, like a crashed 747...

Ha! Kidding. Mostly just need funky weapon reps, shovels, chainsaws, etc.

Based on the feedback we get we shall determine if this can happen this summer, next summer, ever.

So...who wants to give it a shot?

Ps. Spread the word.

I would love to be involved in this on any level. Im not sure what to really volunteer for but it just sounds like it would rock.

You have to ask Mr. Marvel?

i'd try to help any way i could... depending on where it took place (work keeps me pretty busy these days)

honestly i want to play it more than anything, but i understand the need for volunteers in order to make something happen.

I'd be SO in - would just have to make arrangements for a sitter :)

Cool, just one request though:

Please post or pm me with what you would be interested in contributing.

We need to know that we can round up the following:

1) Staff to help run/npc the event

2) Prop makers

3) Rules set writer- Keep in mind we're hoping to build a super simple, modern day version of the Alliance rules, that we could possibly pass along to any future, alternative, Alliance campaigns.

4) (And of course) Players!

Robb Graves said:
i'd try to help any way i could... depending on where it took place

Definitely at Faire Play.

Count me in. Not sure how much free time I'd have to do much more than play, but I'm willing to give it a shot. :)

Back