Already planning for April

Bigens73

Artisan
What sleeping accommodations should I plan on making do I need a tent or are there cabins. if there are cabins do you reserve one and how does that work? Any insight appreciated. I have been to Stearns many moons ago as a Scout camp but don't remember the details.

There should always be cabins but there are sometimes discounts offered when you bring your own tent as it sometimes helps fit everyone on site. Rooms/ Cabins are usually also taken on a first come first served basis.

the next site has 2 big and 2 smaller dorm areas, one of the rooms will be set aside for NPCs to sleep. I'm not sure if tent discount is offered for this location, that is usually at the perm site because we don't have that much room there. Indoor area is heated. one Flush toilet (located in the tavern) with sink and a few pit toilets are in the area. we will have accesses to simple shower stalls, not a heated space, but they are in another campsite so less than convenient but available.

This site almost always runs out of TP while we are there and there is often a line for the flush toilet and miorror, so make up wearers try to bring a make up miorror.

Industrial kitchen, nice big tavern hall for eating, NPC camp in a good size basement.

Sleeping is on bunks and Mats, Lots of extra Mats are around and stacked in NPC camp for having naps. The mats are the type most camps have, about half a foot of foam surrounded by a plastic/vinal outside. I personally bring sheets as beding instead of a sleeping bag, I find it more comfortable. We also don't separate by gender for sleeping fyi.

when sleeping in the communal areas a night light or flash light is a great idea as everyone chooses their own bed time and at a ciertin point the amount of people sleeping trumps people awake and the lights get turned off. Also I suggest having your bed made and PJs layed early out for this reason.

I also will sometimes skip the indoor sleeping in lue of tenting, benefits of tenting is no extra snoring, or I don't feel guilty if I'm snoring. and if going to sleep later it defiantly is quieter. Be sure to let someone know were you set up and mention if you'll be wanting to attend breakfast. as you may miss the meal bell if you are too far away. This site has a beautiful red pine grove that is great for camping hammocks and a good grassy knoll near the parking lot and not far from bathrooms/ tavern to set up in.

Meals provided will be; a light snack Friday night, Saturday breakfast lunch and dinner, coffee and hot water available on Sunday as well as maybe left overs. There is an in game charge for food which can be payed for by labor if your character is feeling poor or cheep. Things like doing the dishes or taking out the garbage, helping make or serve the food. Snakes of fruit and chips are often out as well as a Coffee and Water and Hot water. Always bring your own drinking vessel to game. we will have a dish washing station set up for you to wash your own dishes. Most sites have flatware and cutlery provided, or tavern will provide, but feel free to bring your own if you wish. Many characters will bring food or specialty drinks (sports drinks and Pops) to sell in game for in game gold. But if you are a picky eater may I suggest having a few preferred snacks packed for yourself.

Remember your personal health is up to you so be aware of when you need to drink sleep and eat. Meals will be announced but if you sleep through it or choose not to attend no one is going to track you down to feed you. No one is going to tell you when to go to bed and often a group will talk in the tavern until dawn, fun but not always wise because those puzzle mods take forever without sleep, not to mention the drive home.

On Sunday there is often one morning mod than We all chip in for clean up and loading of the trailer on Sunday. So once your personal gear is taken care of report to ether the kitchen or NPC camp for further instructions. Common tasks include; Packet sweeps, putting away tables and chairs, bathroom cleaning, packing and loading monster camp, Sweeping and Vacuuming, Taking out trash, and more. most sites very as to when we need to be out, but most of them are at Noon.

Well this became a bit more than you asked for. oh well. Stay hydrated and get some sleep and you'll have fun. And ask questions. I hope this helps more than confuses.

Also Decor Committee is looking for more members, They are the people who set up tables and table cloths and make the tavern look more in game than we are at a random scout camp. and they take it down again at the end. You get goblin stamps for helping out with it.

a group will talk in the tavern until dawn[/QUOTE said:
Always conversation happening late Saturday night into morning...

Thanks Andrea huge help

There should always be cabins but there are sometimes discounts offered when you bring your own tent as it sometimes helps fit everyone on site. Rooms/ Cabins are usually also taken on a first come first served basis.

The Tenting discount is only for one specific site, and this is not a site we are intending to use this year.

Otherwise Andrea gave a pretty darned good overview!

Back