Amaranthus Landcharmer

Amaranthus Landcharmer, my squire, was killed in action behind Ogre lines in Falkirk. I wish to have a memorial service for him this friday night in Fairedale. All are welcome.

Sonia Forthiatis, Queen of Brittington.

I've known that scrapper a long time. Those ogres would've had to've dropped a siege wall on his bird-boned face for that to work.

When you've got a body, let me know. I'd like to see it with my own eyes and eat that stubborn biata's heart.

-Captain Zehnyu Shanshi

So... You want to locate and then desecrate this man's corpse?
Yuck. Very Yuck.

Dorgun of the Osprey

If by desecrate you mean eat his heart so his strength lives on as a show of respect? Then yes.

-Z

I... um... I guess that's ok. But as someone who's eaten a heart or two (on the isles we never waste meat) I have to tell you that you've got to stew them for a while cause they are stringy as all get out. Plus I do not think there will be much left, if the tales are true he died months ago, even in the winter meat only stays fresh for so long.

Hope this helps,

Dorgun

It somewhat does. Still would like to find him anyway. Call it the sentimental thought.

-Z

Friend Zhenyu, I found you a recipe!

Place 10 pearl onions, 3 peeled and chopped parsnips, 3 peeled and chopped carrots, 2 chopped celery ribs, 2 cloves of crushed garlic and 4 peeled and cubed golden potatoes in a pot, put diced heart on top.

Fill pot with broth (I like cow, but you could do pig, or if you have the bones and they still have marrow you can make a Biata stock) until you can just see it coming through the vegetables, put a spoon of salt and a half spoon of pepper on it (this is an expensive recipe)

Put pot three hands over fire and go kill goblins for about 3 bells. Cover it and move it closer to the fire, adding a bit more of the stock. Go kill trolls for a bell.

Serve. But not to me.

Dorgun the helpful Osprey

I'm of the opinion that if you have to eat a friend you should devote your efforts to making sure they are delicious. You do not want your last memory of them leaving a sour taste in your mouth.

Dorgun

Amaranthus was many things. Stew was not one of them. If you did munch his bits he'd kick your *** from the inside.

He was a patriot who was willing to at times mark himself the villain for the greater good.

He was one of the greatest biata heroes I know. He is a friend.
His story deserves a better ending then this. My beard tells me it ain't over but dwarves are stubborn. A world without Amaranthus is hard to accept

Grim

Squire,

I'm not sure what a boats hero is but boats are how my people honor our heroes. I'm just trying to be respecting of other cultures. Perhaps boiled? I could find a recipe like a haggis. I shall continue with my quest.

Dorgun, the frightener of many tavern cooks over the last few days.

Dorgun,

Ronka tinking you and he need to sit down and talk about dis stew. Let'em not cook peoples but mayhaps we cooking sometings else. Not sure what yet though...Ronka get back to you on it.

Ronka,

I am not a cook, but I am learning much! I have learned that kicking open a tavern kitchen door and yelling "How do I cook hearts?" is not as helpful as you would think. There is chasing and apologizing involved. I have also learned that asking questions about what wines go with Biata leads to meeting all kinds of nice people (mostly guards). Usually making a stew for me is cutting up any food I have and hoping I don't forget about it before my pot burns.

Dorgun

Well at least I learned about cooking, I shall call this quest a glorious victory. New adventure awaits! Also in taverns, I like them. I am sorry about your knight friend and hope that his spirit is on glorious raids with the heroes of his people.

Dorgun the Ever-Learning

My hope is that he's with his wife, and they're enjoying their afterlife together. It would be the same hope for myself, when the time comes.

-Z

This news saddens me greatly. I find it hard to believe that this candle may actually be extinguished.

For those who were unaware, Sir Amaranthus Landcharmer was not of Ashbury, or the Deadlands, or Syraandor before it, or even of any barony in Caldaria. He was was Arkellian, a refugee who saw his homeland destroyed hundreds of years before most adventuring today were born. He then made each of the lands I have listed his own through his heroic deeds. However, before people remember him as a great Hero, which he definitely is deserving of being called I want you all to remember his roots. For I could sit and regale to you for hours his self sacrifice of the past decade, giving his life, his spirit, and at times sanity for the protection of those Kingdoms he resided and traveled though; but before this last decade, a short 10 year span, he spent over 600 years as a humble farmer, a life dedicated to the service of others by providing food to a hungry kingdom. When he fought died for the common people of a land, he truly meant it, for he had spent hundreds of years living as one, the peaceful nobility that comes from providing food so others may live. I had always hoped he would return again to a farm somewhere, to again cloak his heart which became troubled by the injustices of the world with the peaceful existence found in farming, to leave the horrors of war behind him.

I hope the letter, which he once left for me to open on this day, is accurate and that he has again found peace. I can only echo to him the words that parchment shares to me now: I am and always will be honored to have been his friend.

I hope he and Veria are together again and happy in whatever realm their spirits now reside.

To those who have more knowledge of his passing, please contact me, as I have his final wishes and will fulfill them for him. If it is not too late for this message to go out: Please, do not burn his body, it was his wish to have it returned to Caldaria.

Thank You,

Qiu Jun-Wu

Back