An Amazing Discovery!

RyanWarheart

Minnesota Staff
*Posted at every tavern and public notice board*

Recently the Seeker's Guild was a approached by a strange Kobold named Knick-Knack, who claims to be a servant of Knight Captain Cassandra Malvern. He told us that there is something very important for us to explore beneath the city of Bostow in the Northern Duchy. The creature lead us to some undiscovered catacombs underneath the city and we found a great door with an inscription upon it. The type of architecture here is very strange and does not show up in any of our records. The stone also ages back to a time beyond our recorded history. This is very strange and more so is the inscription itself.

It reads:
"Beyond the gate lies the Terminal. The great work to allow the peoples of Visara to visit the lords of this world. However, the Great Council has seen the hearts of these newcomers to our world and wish to protect the city from those who would destroy it. Those who are worth may test themselves against the Terminal's trials. Four Tablets show the path, and give clues to each of its challenges. However patience is a virtue which the lords of Visara often teach so only one tablet may be tested at a time, each requiring one segment of rest. To help those worthy who come after, the tablets will glow when they are ready. Place the glowing tablet within the door and the challenge will be set before you."

We took rubbings of each tablet and will bring them to Baron Zihr when the adventurers gather at the end of this week. Currently the tablets are not glowing, however we will update you if any do.

-Seekers Guild of Erabella
IMG_0472.jpgIMG_0471.jpgIMG_0470.jpgIMG_0469.jpg

It looks similar to a cypher I found in Evoder's Journal.
The fourth on reads
"BREATHE DEEP THE CRISP AIR
SOAR HIGH WITHOUT CARE
BE THE BIRD OR DRAGONFLY
BECOME THE MASTER OF THE
SKY"

-Travis Winters

As an eager initiate to the seekers I have enlisted the help of my fellow hounds to translate the text.

The first translates to

ITS ALL CONSUMING
IT FEEDS UPON THE DEAD
FEW CAN STAND ITS
EVERLASTING HEAT
WITH ITS LIGHT THE
DARKNESS IT
WILL BEAT

Bishop, hounds

For the tablet containing the two headed serpent, I feel as though the rubbing may have not correctly captured the characters. Especially on the fourth and fifth line.The translation I have decided is such,

That which makes blood
Break nerves fail and
Bodies quake
Be it gas or coat or spot
Be it dot to keep its
Antidote far away

Kiora T. of the Hounds

For the rubbing with the Cyclops, it reads as follows:

THE BEAR SWIPES
ITS MIGHTY PAWS
THE DRAKE CLAMPS
ITS DEADLY JAWS
THE SIMPLE MAN NOWS
ITS POWER
AND IT SAVES
HIM FROM PUZZLES
THAT WOULD LAST
FOR HOURS

-Venrick Starbreaker

For the tablet containing the two headed serpent, I feel as though the rubbing may have not correctly captured the characters. Especially on the fourth and fifth line.The translation I have decided is such,

That which makes blood
Break nerves fail and
Bodies quake
Be it gas or coat or spot
Be it dot to keep its
Antidote far away

Kiora T. of the Hounds
Kiora,
I believe I have found the correct translation. Your guide is nearly spot on, but I found a few characters you missed. I have as follows:

Serpent:
That which makes blood
break nerves fail and
bodies quake
Be it gas or coat or SPRAY
BEST NOT to keep it's antidote far away

-Venrick Starbreaker

Back