An Announcement

Lurin

Duke
By order or the King, all access to the region of the Hopes Reach region, formerly known as Fort Miller, is hear-by restricted to any non-resident for a period of six weeks while the kings men are performing their duties in the area. Anyone not able to establish either a two year history of residence, or a permanent domcile in the area has two days to vacate the area, those without refuge may travel to Riven Side for shelter until such a time when the kingsmen have finished their work.

Lord Julian Idden,
Bonded Guardsman, and King's Knight of Gaden

My good Lord Idden,

Pardon me if it is too bold to ask, but what duties do the king's men need to perform that requires shunting non-residents out? Many of these people, myself included, could possibly serve as additional assistance to the king's wishes, and moving us away may make whatever you plan to do a more difficult task to get done.

Meaning no disrespect to you or his majesty the King,
Gandian Ravenscroft

Gandian,

Your desire to help is noble, however my men are more then sufficent to the task at hand and inexperienced hands will only slow matters.

Lord Idden

Good sir. With all due respect ,your endeavor sounds like it is not going to be very fruitful. The bureaucracy of the government is surely showing its' wisdom here. 1st you come in and alienate the only persons present at the time of the prince's appearance. Some of us had talked to him directly before his disappearance and others had even seen the direction he was supposedly headed in last. Also the inquisition won't make people talkative, appreciative, or helpful. Some persons may not even leave. Lastly as i've been told you wouldn't be able to enter this land so easily if it weren't for those that had fended off the corrupt for so long. Whatever it is you plan to do you have my best wishes. Unfortunately your tact or lack there of will make me apprehensive in future dealings with all government actors.
-Lok of Harbors Far

If I ever may be of assistance, contact me in some way, Lord Idden.

...and Lok, forgive me for saying so, but I think you're talking a bit irrationally. The fact that we spoke to the Prince on the morning of his disappearance does not make us useful or plentiful sources of information, and using this as a basis for keeping us travelers in Hope's Reach is a bit unfounded. Unless you have come across evidence that has eluded the rest of Gaden and its military, you nor I have any idea where the Prince is, and therefore you are no use information-wise to the military. And, as Lord Idden already pointed out, the military does not need unexperienced hands in this matter. In addition, to say that the military has to be thankful to us for destroying a few Corrupt is just silly. I've been around for a while, you know, and I've watched the military kill more Corrupt than any group you will form. It was them who made this country safe as you grew up to become what you've become, so saying the military is in your doubt is utterly selfish (and some would say that if there's anyone who knows about selfish, it's me).

I am sure that you, like I, have lost loved ones in the Gaden armed forces, but that is no reason for you to believe that you or any you may have fought with know better than King Nerak his his forces. Evacuating those who do not live in Hope's Reach does not truly hurt or hinder you, and it will only bring good things to the town, I am sure. If Hope's Reach is playing host to the military, then our presence is not required anyway, considering our main position is defending the place anyway.

But do not take these words harshly; I merely speak my mind and the truth. But then again, considering these words are spoken by me, they are "cursed" and surely will not be heeded by anyone who hears them, just like my other advice...

~ Gandian Ravenscroft

Your words do not fall on deaf ears. I, much like yourself simply offer up my words and opinion. I do think however, you misinterpret my words a bit. I am in full understanding that my sword in comparison to those that the Kingdom might see fit for seeking out the prince is of no comparison at all. I like yourself would be more than willing to help if the first words I had received weren't about me vacating the area. Oh yeh, I don't wish for them to be thankful for the slaying of a few corrupt. When people are in the presence of that much wealth, they often aren't thankful for anything nor respectful of it. Also you are absolutely right. I have no idea where the prince is at this very moment. I do however know the direction he was headed or being taken at the time of his disappearance. I also spoke with him that day. Many spoke to him that day. What about? If I were looking for him I would be interested in that information to establish a comprehensive picture of the events leading up to other unfortunate events. In the end I understand what you are saying. If I come off a bit displeased with the Kingsmen, it is because I am. I apologize if that offends you but I will speak my mind. They are intelligible chaps and will know that my words are of no reflection of yourself.
-Lok of Harbors Far
p.s. i didn't grow up here
Gandian Ravenscroft said:
It was them who made this country safe as you grew up to become what you've become, so saying the military is in your doubt is utterly selfish (and some would say that if there's anyone who knows about selfish, it's me).

Reala? You two need tah do less talk'n sometime. Dhere not dhing tah be 'ad, dha king want him own men ta do dha search'n...and dhat be a fadders right. Simple as dhat, now ya two need ta stop dancin whit ya words round each oda or ima have to make ya stop...and nobody be whantin dhat.

Idden good luck to ya, dhere be lota lan' tah search but ya military folk good at dhat.

An' tah set ya straight Gondian dha military kill plenty o corrupt, but ain neva dhey push dha line back, like we be able tah...dho dhe can hold if for a long...long...long time. We jus' small push in dha whole c'rupt line, but dhat what we do, and dha military be dha one dhat hold dha res back.

An rememba to ya selves Idden be makin a order...not a arguin topic.

-Hengin

Can someone fill me in? When did the prince go missing? And where was he last seen?

Wonko

Hengin. So where was this strong resolve when you got whooped by the barbarian shaman? He walked in and spoke his mind. He beat you and you kept your rhetoric. Why can't we keep ours up? Oh that's right, you can beat us up. Unfortunately those who would support you over most others aren't allowed to speak(as per your order). Hmm. You spoke your mind. You were cut down. I should stop eh? Sure. Let the great barbarian wisdom/fisdom reign?!?
-Lok of Harbors Far

Take dhis elsewhere, dhis not dha place.

-Hengin

My good Lord Idden and, especially Hengin, I apologize in advance for continuing my arguing just one statement more, but this is for you, Hengin:

Lok, because Hengin wasn't completely in control of the situation with the shaman, that gives you no right to insult or not heed him now. I'm just going to say it bluntly, and this is all I'm going to say to you: Hengin is a good friend of mine and I will not stand you insulting him in front of me.

That's all. If I haven't made my message clear enough, Lok, as Hengin says, we'll speak somewhere else.
~ Gandian Ravenscroft

Agreed. Not the place. I will heed the order. I never intended not to. Also the argument isn't worth the hassle. I still wield my sword for the same cause as the both of you. Take care.
-Lok of Harbors Far

My Lord,

You will have all the assistance and cooperation you desire with the laws of Hopes Reach and Gaden. I must discuss several matters with you in advance at your convenience concerning the quartering and supply lines. I have been asked to see to some of this and will perform my duties to the best of my abilities.

Adventurers,

I ask that you comply in full with these orders until such time as they are lifted. As mentioned I will be staying behind to continue in my duties and watch over the holdings of anyone affected by this who should ask me to. That being, if you have holdings in Hopes Reach I am happy to watch over them for you for the next 6 weeks. This isn't a charged service its merely assurance that ongoing projects will continue.

Thanks,

Fern Woods
Sheriff of Hopes Reach

Back