An Auction - Corrupt Slaying Blade

Lurin

Duke
For those who do not already know, Sunday morning myself and Mai learned of some information on a weapon left at the site of battle with the Hags. At my personal expense we traveled out, slayed the few creatures in the area and recovered it. While we could have claimed the blade for our own, we feel that the town's interests are far better served by offering this blade up for Auction and sharing the coin as well as possible. Unfortunately as many had left by that time, it will likely prove impossible to do this perfectly so we'll do doing the best we can.

First, this item will be available for auction until the Evening of July 19th, at which point payment will be due, and the coin will be split. The list of those participating in this auction is below, the coin will only be split to the nearest 2 silver, rounded down. (so if the shares work out to be 1.47 gold per, they will be delivered at 1.4 gold) I will do my level best to deliver shares to you, or a person you designate by the end of September. Any undelivered shares at that point will be considered forfeit and donated to the town box, or spent for the town's good at my complete discretion.

The Item is a Long sword of a black colored with a scattered diamond motif/style and holds the enchantment to do cause an inexperienced warrior to strike with five times the usual strength against the corrupt, or any cursed for 5 years. In the hands of a more experienced warrior it will add the same amount of damage (8 dagger blows). This blade will last 5 years from last weekend. The sword seems closely tied to our lands, but I have been assured it would likely travel easily to Gaden.

Ethel's Heartbreaker

+8 Cursed Slayer
Preserver 5/25/2018

Current Bid - 45 Gold
Current Bidder - Keallit

Names of those involved in the Auction, please forgive any misspellings, except for Tarque, because I still say you spell your name wrong my friend.

1.) Panda
2.) Bevin
3.) Hengin
4.) Harlequin
5.) Tondra
6.) Nova
7.) Eve - Jehan
8.) Bart - Jehan
9.) Kalin - Jehan
10.) Talitha
11.) York
12.) Biff
13.) Mordagh
14.) Nahani
15.) Neolani
16.) Don't
17.) Knot
18.) Magdalin
19.) Runt
20.) Ashura
21.) Kitauren
22.) Gandian - To be given to Ashura
23.) Regan - Delivered
24.) Enan - Delivered
25.) Tarque
26.) Davion
27.) Nikolo
28.) Ahlana - Jehan
29.) Keallit - Delivered
30.) Death Gypsy
31.) Mai
32.) Socora
33.) V.
34.) Liddia Fallingstar
35.) Neo/ Shiny
36.) Arkemedies.

In Service,

- Lord Enan Bluewater
Keeper of the Azure Keep.

20 Gold

-York

I believe it was actually a longsword.

Hunter Davion

(OOG: I was the hag carrying the sword)

65 SILVER!!!!

:)

(Crap, beat to the punch! Well played, York. Well played... :) )

-York

Both the lands of Terna and Gaden are under siege by the Corrupt. This weapon would be useful to each of our struggles against such an enemy. Gaden has survived long against them, but, Terna sadly is falling fast. They have made their way across the Waste from the south and into the NorthLunds. I have a proposal for everyone.

I suggest that we share the blade. That this weapon be given to whom ever can use it most effectively at the time in the land where a Market Day is happening. We all know that we can effect change most effectively during Market Days. The blade can be transported back and forth with adventurers who regularly are in both lands. This way we can all use such a powerful weapon in our mutual war. When the corrupt are destroyed we all benefit.

What happened this last Market Day, solidifies in my mind that when those of Gaden and Terna combine forces we can accomplish great feats.

Please consider this option.

Sera Liddia FallingStar

If my bid wins the sword will be shuttled between the lands by Shadows Light to be used in both our lands.

-York

I intend to use the sword in both lands. Seeing as I do not own a proper weapon this is a wonderful opportunity. When the sword is not in use, naturally I will hand it to a trusted individual or group to use against the corrupt.

So can we proceed with the auction or will you forfeit the blade over? I can assure you, it will be put to good use.

-Vi

Liddia,
I agree with your sentiment. However, I think everyone currently bidding is a traveler to both lands.
Hunter Davion

Whom ever wins, the sword needs to be shared between both lands. Can I have the word on who ever wins the auction that this will happen?

Sera FallingStar

40 gold fo da blade.

-Hisagi Hengin, the Unforgiven

Whew,

Seems like there has been a break in the action, Keallit is currently the high bidder, but there still remains some time to get in on the action for those that want to!

-Enan

Lady Falling-star,

If your concern is that your people have use of the blade while ensuring the blade is also offered to the brave travelers from Gaden, there is only one way to ensure this and thats by taking the blade for yourself. If you wish, my guild will gladly do its duty by Wayside and open its coffers to purchase this weapon for your realm. I would humbly ask that after you have secured your realm the blade be returned to us to somewhat defray the cost of our purchase.

I'd also consider, were I you, to simply delay the auction as is your right and manage the blade for the time being until at least our lands is resolve. From there, you could either make a gift of it to whomever serves the crown best, re-auction it, or do with it as you please. If you would like, you could provide the adventurers with some basic compensation though know the law, and Lord Blue-water may wish to speak to this, allows for your commandeering items for the defense of the land, if however you wish to still ensure compensation for the brave defenders of Thuddington than I again offer my guilds coffers to provide a gold for each persons trouble.

I offer this, not to spite the adventurers or their own worth but to remind you of some of the meager authority your responsibilities and sacrifices afford you. Out of respect for your continued progress and growth, I suggest you make the unpopular move for you will never have their love but may someday earn their respect.

Respectfully,

Jehan Wyldweaver

Mai only have two paws worth of gold.... but help get the sword in morning. Mai almost get killed again but stronger than swamp things. Does Mai have nuff gold of sword for corrupt killing? I not know.

Mai

Not to come off like a materialistic weasel, but where does the auction stand, and will it be resolved by the MarketFaire upcoming (where the Mists appear to be open for but a single day)?

Mai, I'm sorry dear, but the bidding is more than 8 paws of gold at this time.

I admire your progress, feel free to contact me if you need any help.

~Ahlana

BillHolmbladJr said:
Not to come off like a materialistic weasel, but where does the auction stand, and will it be resolved by the MarketFaire upcoming (where the Mists appear to be open for but a single day)?

As noted, this auction will last until the third weekend of next month, it will not be resolved this coming Saturday as a far greater majority of those involved will be unable to make it through the mists at that time.

That said this blade will be at the market day to be used if needed against our foes at the Knight's request.

-Lord Enan Bluewater

This Auction has ended, the final price was 45 Gold to Killeat. This means everyone on the list will be owed 1.2 Gold I will be delivering these as soon as I receive payment. Due to the fact that Killeat was not in attendance to pay immediately, I am pushing the deadline to contact me/set up delivery until the end of October, I will keep this list up to date as best as possible as to who has been paid/told me who to pay.

Back