An Open letter to the False Vangaurd

DJK

Dear Morons,

I find myself encumbered with an insurmountable rage in your recent actions. That coupled with the fact it will be a while before I can find suitable vengeance for those acts. So I will make my demands plain, release John Bowen. If you meet this one demand, I will only kill you once for the impersonation of a crew of individuals I have come to call my own. If you do not meet this demand, I will torture you until your pitiful bodies can take no more and beg to be released from your own mortality.

Many have called the Vanguard a guild. I have not. A guild is a group of people who work together, accomplish their goals, maybe have a pint after a job well done. I always have called us a crew. We are group of individuals, who will do anything it takes. If I need to lay down in front of rail road tracks for my boys, then that's what I'll do. I don't have a family, and I don't have a house. But this crew is my family, and the Vanguard is my house.

When I first heard about the impersonation, I was angry at first. But hey, 'imitation is the sincerest form of flattery'. So I figured, sooner or later we'd have to come on down and rattle you up a bit and inform you of your mistake. Maybe kill a few of you until you got the message. But since you saw fit to take one of our own, well that is not so easily forgiven. You bring a knife, I'll bring a gasglobe, you send one of mine to a cage, I send all of yours to the res circle. Simple escalation I'm sure even a monkey of your level of intellect can understand.

You really got the bad luck of the draw too. You decided to make this move when I was back in town. I'm probably the least talented member of our group. Graydin is stronger, Turk is more skilled, Raynn is smarter, Bishop is tougher, Skitz is braver, Raz is more versatile, and Bowen is more powerful. But I'm the better assassin. I assure you, your death will not be pleasant, and it will not be quick. Unless of course you RELEASE JOHN BOWEN. Otherwise I have to make an example of you.

Warm regards,

Founding 5 member of the Vanguard
Mathew Dolloway AKA Rook

You have admired
Every man desires
Everyone is king
When there's no one left to pawn

It was a horrible site to see as a group of men came with purpose to take all that I had. Already with the shortage of scrolls I can procure they stripped me... well... To nothing.

I know adventures are the kind of folks we tend to do business with because they get things done so seeing them impersonating a crew is very disturbing.

John yalbuth the hobbling merchant

Jared
Plot...

Back