Animal folk, humans, high orcs, and high ogres

Because you have ignore my word' and continue your careless quest here in this realm Marcena, I have question' as to your real intent.

Are you indeed a mortal Romani person, or some kind of crazy fae bent on learning all there is to know about mortal' for some dice game you wish to play with life? You must understand my distrust in you. You incessantly make remark' and question' in these realm' of dream, without any sort of cessation.

Do you think it am really just adventurer' who dream here? If you do you are either ignorant or just ill inform. I assure you it am not only your friend' who dream'. There are many evil that live in this world and on our plane who gain much knowledge of us by these channel'. They feast on the information we share here. They would use it to tear us and all we care about to ribbon' without so much as a thought.

So, do you understand? There am way', that many adventurer have learn', to focus and channel your restless thought' in to a message designated at one person. It am sort of like whisper wind'...though, hardly as reliable. You can just as easily send messenger or wait for those from far away land' to visit you if you are unable or unwilling to travel. Just don't broadcast so much here, for the danger it may pose to yourself, or to other'. I am not unwilling to share my story with you, but I would much prefer to be in your presence when I do so.

As for performing competent resurrection', you need not know the detail of someone' origin to do so. You need only have met them, and spoke with them for a time. Even if you have not, just try and remind the spirit of what kind of contribution they can still make by holding on to the thread of life. Or be even more creative. If you are intelligent enough to understand the way to heal a wound by channeling the power of Fortannis, then you are intelligent enough to perform a good resurrection without knowing the detail of someone' life.

I am only looking out for your safety, if you are as you sound, a naive and curious Romani girl with too much time to sleep. If you are what I suspect, something more malicious and mysterious, be gone.

-Tetsu

Ah, I see your intent more clearly now dhan I did 'afore. If dhose who wish to tell me dhe story wish to do so more privately, I would dhey sent me pigeons. Nye, I am nye dhe fae nor dhe dragonmage nor dhe siren dhat some are accusing me of being dhese days! :D

I was jus' using dhe ressurection t'ing as an example. I am more dhan willing to travel, is jus' stories to while away dhe time dhat I seek for now as I travel to dhe Nort'. I did nye mean to start a ruckus by doing so.

Um, Tetsu? I know I am not so much smart as you, but I don' understand so good what you are saying. I very much am for keeping safe you and what sound like is a healer lady, but I am not after seeing any danger here.

How come is danger to be telling story about where peoples are coming from? Is already a done thing, no? I am not so much sure is going to make something bad happen to know how come the Gorbe is Gorbe and the pretty panda with the red tail is talking and there is some spiders we can't squish and other creatures like I never see before coming here? And would be good story, is all. Unless is forbidden to be talking on this to outside peoples, then it would not be good for sharing stories.

So.. I like stories, too, when in dream, just like this lady do. Is maybe better than other dreaming sometimes. Just sayin'.

Morganne?! Is you?! Oh high day! Has been too long! Mayhap you nye remember me, but I 'member you from dhe Late Summer mont' of dhe Weeklong Market Day. Can we be 'spectin' you 'round dhese parts sometime again?

It am not so much the subject of this thread of dream' I speak of. In general there are many who carelessly let out information in this realm through these channel that can be use' against them. Also, abuse of these realm can wake and anger many who dwell within it. I have read story and seen angry fae creature who would pick on those who wish to dream freely. We can not purge them from this realm as we would those monter' who dwell in the physical.

Some creature' who think may not know of the story' that am out, or some young uneducated member of a race could let out some secret that can be used against them. Fear not though, Morganne, if use' responsibly the dream realm can be very interesting and inspiring place. I only recently learn to use it. It am very seductive place to lurk. Sometime' I wish to sleep more and more just to see what I can come across.

What I say really overall am be smart, use your skull for thinkin'. Do not let out something here you would not want your enemy to know. 'Cause like I say earlier, they watch, and they listen.

It am just like if you in crowded tavern of folk you know not at all. You would not stand on table and share personal tale with them all, right? Well...maybe some would. I know I am guilty of being too loud in many place'. Really though, one would probably use caution and speak quietly to their companion around the table.

I have no real fact or evidence I can show to justify what I say though, so do as you will, these am only my opinion and experience.

-Tetsu

I think you been spending much time with Talon, you are talking pretty and lots of stuff but I'm not all sure what you are saying. I am not always so good for understand what people say in lands here.

So, is okay to tell story here in dreams, right? If is not story is forbidden to be telling? And if is not story might tell enemies something they aren't already knowing? And if is not story making people mad and bringing out new enemies because for talking too much in their heads? Is an easy answer, maybe, so I am knowing the right way? Is true I am tired of being yelled at for not knowing.

Marcena, right? I am not thinking I know you, unless maybe we meet in Baidril's Rest or Icenia? I meet so many this season I am adventuring outside my people I don't always remember all names. If you are in Baidril's Rest, I am being there again soon, we can have ale maybe! They have good ale in tavern, and usually someone is able to get it out of the magic bubble.

Are you nye Morganne?A gen wit' a face veil married to Ahlana? You are nye familiar wit' Valdanis? Ah! Sometimes I mistake voices for dhose of people I have met 'afore. Ne'er mind me.

Anyvay, I started dreaming dhis t'read as simply a place to learn more about one anot'er in a vague sense. I were nye asking for dhe stories of someone personally, jus' mayhap dhe story of dheir race or dheir people. Certes dhere may be many variations of dhe story. Like some say Romani are descended from slaves, ot'ers say dhat Romani come from a feud 'tween humans, ot'ers still say Romani are a cross 'tween biata and humans. Dhe long version is far more interesting, I t'ink, dhough. Not'ing an enemy may use 'gainst me or any of mi Romani fratello or sorella.

Tetsu is ve'y right. Much evil abroad zhat vould seek jus' to hear our voice and learn more about us. Many become threatened outside of zhe dreamrealm, but inside of it, zhere are silent listeners who are lookink to learn.

- Edgar

Smudge told a story by da oldens when jus' little tail in da trees. It be tale o'da TreePeeple, where we come. T'ink dat what you wantin', gypo-lady? It jus story, but Smudge likes it.

Say dat Treepeeples be happy in da trees, wit all da fruit an water dey could want. Say dat da shining Sky walked down wit the Peeple, and danced da long day. And, each night dey danced wit darkling Night. Da Peeple were bright and dere tails were strong.

But, dere was a strong wind carry da dust from de lands away, it smelled like fire and da ringing o'iron. Da winds bring da tailless hummies, and da tailless foofies, and da tailless stonies. Dey came with dere sticks and dere iron and cut down da trees. Dey cut da ground into ooglee strips and put up bad smelly plants and bad smelly houses. Dere litters grew and dey had pups witou tinking 'bout da Peeples. Da Day and da Night can come ta dance, no more. Da groundlin's make smelly fires and da sky be alwa' black wit dere smoke.

Da Peeples stay away from da smelly groundlin' 'cuz de have oogly iron and smelly houses, but da groundlin's send dere pups out and cut down Peeples like da Trees. Dey take Peeples fur and teeeth, make Peeples' skin in overcoatings for groundlin' weak fur.

Da Biggest Peeple, he see de Peeples hurt and cryin'. He go to foofies and da stonies and da hummies and tell dem dey can't do dis. Dey have to go 'way, dese trees are fer da Peeples, dat da fruits and da skies are not fer cutting. Da groundlin's laugh and throw rocks at da Biggest, dey wave dere oogly tailless rumps and have dere runts poke him wit dere iron sticks. Dey grab him arms, hold him down, laughin and chatterin', take him by tail up to tree and cut it down to rump. Send him back to Peeples.

Da Biggest, he slink 'way, nursin' da bloody stump was he tail. Biggest go deep in trees, find small pool. He sing sad song to da Night, cryin' for he tail and he Trees, cryin' for da Peeples. Da Night come down and sit in pool with da Biggest and whisper in he ear, tell him her secrets. Tell him to take iron shavings from out his fur, throw dem in pool; tell him take smelly plants from groundlin' village, throw dem in pool; take small glass dat Biggest take from groundlin's and scoop up pool. Night tell Biggest bring back da glass to da Peeple, tell dem her secrets.

Biggest go back to peeples and show da Night's secrets. They laugh and dance and find pools and shavings and smelly plants and stir da secrets. Da peeples take da small glasses back to da groundlin's and, so quiet dey not heard even by foofies, dey pour da glasses all round da village. When Day come out and see village all quiet, with no groundlin' pups brayin' and no foofies or hummies or stonies shaking dere iron or making dere smelly plants, she smile. Da peeples back in dere trees happy.

But den, Night come back to see Biggest by da pool. Dey lay together and she tell him de Treepeeple no longer dance with Night and Day, but need come down from trees. Night tell he dat Treepeeple need go out, and use dey nimble fingers, dey quick tails to know iron and smelly plants and pools and glasses and stop da bad groundlin's. Biggest cry, but he know and see. He go back to trees, bring he family down and dey leave.

Smudge not know what means, but likes it.

Smudge

Mobius said:
Smudge told a story by da oldens when jus' little tail in da trees. It be tale o'da TreePeeple, where we come. T'ink dat what you wantin', gypo-lady? It jus story, but Smudge likes it.

Smudge

Smudge! Ah! Is wonderful to hear you again! When shall you be up and coming back? You may nye 'member me, last time you saw me, I was all furry and carniverous. Still a Romani, but...also a dog. :oops:

But aye, dhis is what I am looking for precisely, grazie.

Don't 'member dog-gypo-lady. Where'd be meetin'? Glad dat ya like da story, you gimme trade later.

smudge

MORGANNE!!!!

Where have you BEEN!
You've been gone far too long.
Why do you dream of home no longer?
I had to learn of your dreams from Marcei...

I know not why you have gone, or where too, but tis far past time for you to come home. I have worried so. What could possibly have been important enough to keep you away so long? And without even telling me!

This isn't about that silly little lightning trinket is it? I didn't even try to retrieve it when you disposed of it...
Or did you stay with Zymm? He's charming no doubt, but you could have at least told me! You know I wouldn't have stopped you...

Whatever it is. Tell me. If you are held against your will, I shall remedy the situation...

~Ahlana~

She seem to be free, roamin' round an' dreamin' like she be doing. I t'ink her memory jus' got wiped. She'd remember you if she could, Ahlana. Don' mess wit' dhe poor woman, I say. Happens to lots of people, I hear. She'll get dhem back...'specially after what she been hearin' lately.

Anyvay...any ot'er origin stories? Dhis is a mos' interesting dreamt'read.

Back