Announcing the Crossroads Examiner!

Polare

Count
Greetings to one and all!

I would like to announce the creation of a new periodical publication, the Crossroads Examiner. Lately the Crossroads has been a nexus of unprecedented happenings, news of which is often lost or garbled. It is my mission to present a high standard of journalism chronicling events so that all may know the real story behind the story. Eyewitness accounts will be combined with after-the-fact truth so as to present a factual interpretation of the adventures which surround us!

In addition, there will be a forum for advertisements and notices. Wanted ads and "for sale" notices, along with virtually all else you can think of, will be tastefully laid out for a modest fee. I also invite editorial submissions and extra articles to add to our content. Finally, there will be a number of regular columns, such as the Bestiary -- important information on a new denizen of our lands in every issue!

I will be charging a low price (to be announced when I have the first batch for sale, as I am not yet sure of my supply costs) for each copy, to sustain this project.

Please contact me if you have any questions about the Crossroads Examiner. The first edition should be ready in the first week of June.

-Polare Lissenstine

Polare,

Maybe when you're done dreaming this, you can leave an announcement in the tavern.

That being said, let me know what you need in order to make copies of your newsletter freely available to the commonfolk of the town. It might be a good means to promote literacy among those without the means to obtain good reading materials.

@~}~~
G

Most Puissant Sir Gregor,

That is an excellent idea. I will put up a similar post there.

I will speak to you later of what it would cost for me to supply free copies of this.

-Polare

Polare Lissenstine said:
Most Puissant Sir Gregor,

That is an excellent idea. I will put up a similar post there.

I will speak to you later of what it would cost for me to supply free copies of this.

-Polare
You should note a section for maps as well Polare. I have a vast collection from realms around the known planes... it wouldn't hurt to have a few of the local area. The tradesman here have been fairly helpful in my wandering.

Delcroux

A newsletter would be great for travelers new to town. Kind of a small program of sorts.

Greetings, people of the Crossroads.

I have recently received a request to place a quite hostile threat from one individual towards another in our advertisement section and have refused to do so. Please know that while we appreciate all forms of input, there are some that we will exercise our editorial veto on. We are happy to place stories, advertisements or articles anonymously for you if you wish, but cannot countenance base threats in our paper. If you feel a need to say "your blood shall be spilled the next time you step out of your house", please do it elsewhere.

Also, simply to keep things clear: This has nothing to do (as far as I can tell, anyways) with the current disputes going on publicly in town.

Many thanks,
Polare Lissenstine

While I understand the need not to post such an article in the paper released to the public... the SilverWind Messengers are good a relaying messages of nearly any kind. If messengers are needed contact me and I will put you in contact with them.

~Balryn

Funny that it has come to that so soon

Polare Lissenstine said:
Greetings, people of the Crossroads.

I have recently received a request to place a quite hostile threat from one individual towards another in our advertisement section and have refused to do so. Please know that while we appreciate all forms of input, there are some that we will exercise our editorial veto on. ...
Many thanks,
Polare Lissenstine

That is your editorial right... and good on you for not letting your publication become a waking version of this dream by maintaining journalistic integrity and editorial objectivity.

What ever happened to the bad old days when people where of sufficient character to threaten each other in person?

*sighs*

-TD, KBN

Greetings, Citizens and travelers of the Crossroads of Fate.

I would like to remind everyone that the first issue of the Crossroads Examiner will be finalized shortly. Please submit your advertisements, questions, and editorials as soon as possible if you want them to be included in this issue.

Many thanks,
Polare Lissenstine

Below is a teaser from the first issue of the Examiner. A number of copies will be available for purchase this coming weekend. Excerpts from several articles are included.

-TREASON-

Recently, Aeris Dimetris was arrested and held for trial on two charges; first, Theft from the Earth Guild and second, High Treason. The charges were regarding events on the night of February 20th, the night on which the Strega was slain.

-MASS HALLUCINATIONS, OR PLANAR SHIFT?-

Many citizens of the Crossroads have recently undergone a major shift in their apparent realities. Large numbers of locals grew up knowing that they lived in the Ducati of Dagliano which lay on the continent of Gianeria. Some were refugees from Pascale, others emigres from distant lands, while still others had grown up around Crocevia Fatuae.

-NEWCOMERS TO ANDAR-

For the benefit of those who grew up in Crocevia Fatuae, a small primer on Andar follows. We at the Crossroads Examiner hope that it can assist your acclimitization.

-THE BESTIARY-

Each edition, this column will outline one particular type of creature for the erudition of our readers. In this edition we shall examine a creature with which we became quite familiar during the Strega?s onslaught, the Lesser Scarecrow.

-Adventurers in the Crossroads ? Editorial-

If you?re reading this, it?s likely that the average inhabitant of the Crossroads would call you an adventurer. After all, that?s the target audience of the Examiner. Yet who are we, really? What makes one person an ?adventurer? and another a ?peasant?? Leaving classifications aside, it seems that our place in the society of the Crossroads is far from assured.

I will be publishing the second issue of the Crossroads Examiner in several weeks. If you are interested in supplying editorials, articles, or purchasing advertisements please contact me privately.

The last issue was released to a positive reception, and we will strive to continue our quality in our next issue. This issue will contain several articles, including an article on the well-loved Yasmay Laetshi's permanent death, an article detailing the mysterious transport suffered by a number of citizens, and an article about the mysterious rifting golem attacks which certain adventurers have recently suffered.

-Polare Lissenstine

The third issue of the Crossroads Examiner will be published soon. If you are interested in supplying editorials, writing articles, or purchasing advertisements please contact me privately.

-Polare Lissenstine

Polare,

Is there going to be a new issue of the examiner in the next month or two? I am working on some material I would like to submit and was wondering if there is a due date for submissions?

Daylynn

Daylynn,

Thank you for inquiring. I have lately been publishing the Examiner on either a bi-monthly or quarterly schedule depending on how many events of note happen in a certain period. I had planned to publish the next copy in the first week of February. I would be more than happy to see your submission. The deadline is usually approximately two weeks before publication date so I can put things together and give the scribes time to copy it out.

When your submission is ready, please forward it to myself or if I am unavailable you can give it to Avaran.

-Polare

Polare,

Thanks, as soon as I have everything finished I will pass along what I have to either you or Avaran.

Daylynn

Although I am currently deeply involved in matters outside the Crossroads, I have heard that some interesting events happened this last weekend. I would very much appreciate anyone who could contribute information about anything of note that happened so that I may include stories about these events in the next Examiner. I hope to publish the next issue in February, once I am back from my current mission.

Many thanks,
-Polare Lissenstine

I am beginning to put together the next issue of the Examiner now. Several people have expressed interest on getting articles or information to me in time for this issue; now would be the time to do so.

Many thanks,
Polare Lissenstine

Once more, the time approaches for another issue of the Examiner. Please contact me if you have material to submit, especially for those momentous events for which I was not present. I have heard stories of various activities over the last few weeks that interest me and I would greatly appreciate any recountings of said activities.

As always, the Examiner is interested in opinion pieces, articles, and advertisements as well.

Many thanks,
Polare Lissenstine

Back