Anti-LARP?

evi1r0n said:
I agree. The only socially inept characters were the king and the kid. And the kid was well, a nerdy 9th grader. And we have all met "that guy" (the king) at some events.

Hey! Don't pick on Bryan like that! ;) :D :lol:

But, I do have to admit that there has been a time or two when I have gone to a restaurant in full garb and make-up (elf, not golem) with others in full garb and make-up (other elves)...

Alavatar said:
But, I do have to admit that there has been a time or two when I have gone to a restaurant in full garb and make-up (elf, not golem) with others in full garb and make-up (other elves)...

The best is going to a Chinese restaurant dressed up like a Chinese elf, and hoping they don't open up a can of Kung Fu on you because they think you are mocking them.

Alavatar said:
evi1r0n said:
I agree. The only socially inept characters were the king and the kid. And the kid was well, a nerdy 9th grader. And we have all met "that guy" (the king) at some events.

Hey! Don't pick on Bryan like that! ;) :D :lol:

That is funny. I would never make fun of Bryan like that... ;) For the record he totally isn't "that guy." But Seth on the other hand... :lol:

evi1r0n said:
That is funny. I would never make fun of Bryan like that... ;) For the record he totally isn't "that guy." But Seth on the other hand... :lol:

Careful, I hear logistics people have a way of making players "disappear"...

Its less players and more build...

Funny note about the one day I just attended. I finally bought my last workshop and announced to the person handing it to me that, as it was my goal to own one of every shop, I had won. He then announced that to everyone and instructed one of his fellow plot members to send an email to HQ to let them know that someone had won the game and it was time to start it over again and have everyone in Alliance make new characters.

Eviana said:
I want to do a neat graphic design poster about LARPing because design firms love when you insert your personality into your portfolio - then again I want to get hired :(

I'd love to have posters to hang up, I'd slap them all over the place :)
Chapter specific bumper stickers would be cool too, I need some way to tell my green Subaru apart from the other 500,000 green Subarus in the NW.

Lately, to promote our illustrious hobby, I've been checking Yahoo Answers for questions about LARPing. They usually appear every couple of weeks, and I've been trying to provide solid information about what LARPing really is, what it isn't, resources for finding groups and of course I put in a good word about Alliance.
I also gave an "Introduction to LARPing and Alliance 101" tutorial at a camp-out my sister throws every year for her theater friends, I have 5 new players coming to our next game and more interested-it's amazing what a some stories about events and what we do, coupled with turning people loose with some cheap boffers can achieve.

markusdark said:
Funny note about the one day I just attended. I finally bought my last workshop and announced to the person handing it to me that, as it was my goal to own one of every shop, I had won. He then announced that to everyone and instructed one of his fellow plot members to send an email to HQ to let them know that someone had won the game and it was time to start it over again and have everyone in Alliance make new characters.

Where were these contest rules posted -- I must have missed them. Had I only known, it would have been SO easy for me to have built THAT character which could have employed one of each kind of workshop.

Now, if you told me that you had a workshop in every one of the lands of Fortannis .... now THAT would have been amazing.

If that is what it took to 'win the game', at this point, I could have it done before the end of next year without breaking a sweat - and would be willing to burn the cash to do it. :)

Back