Any members in the Wilkes-Barre area?

robc2775

Absolutely new person here to Alliance LARP but lots of SCA experience looking to see if there are any fight practices that go on regularly in the Wilkes-Barre, PA area. Please don't hold the SCA experience against me, I'm also a fencer which is lightest touch. I also know that safety is the first priority. Anyway, I'm looking to try something new and just wanted to know if there is anything going on in the area. I haven't developed a persona or anything, just wanted to give it a shot. I can be reached at rob.craig@valmont.com, if anyone wants to get a hold of me. Thanks so much in advance!

-Rob Craig

I know the area kinda. I live in Syracuse though. Ummm. I know there's a few people in PA around that area-ish. But Once I come home I tend to have little parties at my mom's house and we spar some times. Any who. Some on in the area might get back to you. But for the most part on the off season the boards a bit dead....>.<

First off, welcome to Alliance!

I live in the Wilkes-Barre area, about 1 hour from the HQ site.

Basically we have events from April to October, with about one event per month.

I would during the winter check the callendar for updates to the events as well as purchase a rule book. The rule book is inexpensive and gives you an idea about what we're about.

Plus there may be some people on the boards during the winter time.

Rob,

Welcome to the Alliance! I know we have some members in your area, but I'm not sure if they have any organized sparring sessions or anything.

I hope to see you at our first 2011 event in April!

--- Eric Stehle / Ivan Drake

Thanks to everyone who has posted. From what I have read so far, looks like I'm just going to have to wait until the spring. Thats fine, it just gives me some time to make some more weapons. :)

-Rob

Back