Anyone here sew?

Avaran

Baron
Hello!

The clasp for my cloak decided that it didn't want to live any more, so it decided to break. :(

I was wondering if anyone was going to bring their sewing machine to the event (I remember seeing some there at previous events) so that I could pay for repairs to my cloak, likely with OOG (real) money. I can also offer some in-game money if that's a preferred method of payment.

As for how much work is involved, the old closing clasp will likely need to be removed, and a new one put on. Like I said, I don't care if it isn't pretty, only that it works and is sturdy.

Thanks!

--Adam/Avaran

Avaran said:
Hello!

The clasp for my cloak decided that it didn't want to live any more, so it decided to break. :(

I was wondering if anyone was going to bring their sewing machine to the event (I remember seeing some there at previous events) so that I could pay for repairs to my cloak, likely with OOG (real) money. I can also offer some in-game money if that's a preferred method of payment.

As for how much work is involved, the old closing clasp will likely need to be removed, and a new one put on. Like I said, I don't care if it isn't pretty, only that it works and is sturdy.

Thanks!

--Adam/Avaran

I know Val, our new costumes/props mistress, will have her machine there and bet she wouldn't mind helping you out.

I'll also be hanging out alot in the Tavern, due to a certain knee injury I have accrued. Though Val will most likely be your best bet.

Oooh! Thanks for the info! Does Val have an account here on the boards, or an E-mail address that I can get in contact with her through?

Whoa, Johnathan didn't strike me as the type who could sew. O_O

I'm pretty good at hand sewing, and usually get sat on at some point during events and not allowed to go places as a consequence.

Sewing

I had my sewing machine at the April Event I, may or may not have it at this
event. If I do I'll be glad to help out. What kind of clasp did it have? I've done different types for different member of my group.

Rossic

You know, I have a person coming with me who actually isn't going to be participating. She'd be happy to sew on a new clasp (What kind? I've seen her do plastic, metal, and even several cloth clasps that look really awesome. I'll show you my cloak at the event.) In fact, she's actually looking for a few projects that she can do while up there.

(And in case you decide you have to pay, it'll be IG money. We'll grab you a clasp, even)

Well, as far as what kind of clasp I'd want, probably a metal "stirdy" one. That's the kind that's on there now. The clasp itself did break though, but not all the way. I can try and take a picture of it and post it here...

Thanks for all of the offers! =) Um...How will I know who any of you are?!? :/ I'll be staying with Solomon (et. al) so look for me through him? Or, we can plan to meet somewhere on-site?

--Adam/Avaran

Are you the same Adam taht was at the silly threads event? Where the weave got split up? If so, you'd remember me as the feathered gal (just like the picture), andthe one who'd currently run into relationship problems. Me? I'll be easy to find. Trust me. They only let me THINK I'm able to slip away unnoticed. ;)

Val will be happy to help you out she is bring her machine.. and talk to her......

Hi this is Val, We are all sittling here cheking the board together. Thus not my sign in.

I will have my machine with me this event. I am the lady in the scooter. Props Mistress and seamstress for NEro Seattle. I would be happy to help you out.
Val@neroseattle.com

Back