April 2011 Event Highlights!

evi1r0n

Baron
-Rollo trying to help Farmer Zeke.
-All the great RP as the chief with Carmen as Farseer.
-Daylenn and Kiara trying to explain livestock and land ownership to the Losua.
-Getting to be on the other side of the game for the first time ever.
-All the PCs being super patient and playing along with the new plot team.
-Meeting all the new people, whether they be first timers or travelers.
-All the kind words!

I am sure I may think of more. Let me know what floated your proverbial boat! :D

1. Soooo many waylays - six build was never so sweet:
    • The gnolls running by the entrance to the tavern - "Quick, come in here!" *konk* "Oh no, your buddy's hurt!" *konk*"
    • "Bandit camp" - two waylays with Jimmy looking at me in disbelief.
    • Jimmy as a gnoll during the tavern fight.
    • Helping out the rock breaker guy.
    • James and Amy as their biatas...
    • Jordan as the Registrar.
  2. All the roleplay that ensued Sunday morning, especially all things Jordan.
  3. Matt and Carmen being adorably cute as the merchants. Worst. Lollipop. Evar. ;)
  4. Saturday night organization:
    • "Um, Master Rollo, Sir Krieger actually kinda left me in charge." "Do you have bacon?" *hangs head* "No."
    • "Master Rollo, how did you end up as battle master?" "I have bacon." "Fair enough."
Clearly, I need to bring more bacon next time. And maybe almond cream and maple-sweetened root beer.

There were many, great event overall. :)

1. Jordan's registrar constantly accusing me of Necromancy.
2. The big lightning gate on saturday, wishing we could take some of those elementals home.
3. The cabal of necromancer fighters, Andy's rogue NPC with all the spellstrikes.
4. Dueling with Polare and Daylynn.
5. Ron's "Duke".
6. Fighting Nate on Sunday morning at the Flame gate.
7. Jordan and Nick throwing open the back door of the tavern as gnolls when they didn't know it was full of adventurers. "Knock Knock! Oh, crap."
8. The store-front on your door-front. Grade-A lollipops with high quality wooden sticks. All candy is guaranteed to be delicious, you will not regret your purchase.
9. Roy's old man NPC and the RP between Roy and other NPCs like Zeke.
10. Lightning elementals hopping around and being fidgety

Favorite event in a while, many great moments:

*Annoying everyone as the obnoxious town guard. Especially Prashka, Killian, Shikar, and Hugh. And the entire Legion of the Sun.
*Causing some PC on PC combat as the town guard, collecting the fines, and actually living through it.
*Pleading for Jacob and myself's lives as the ambiguous bandits, and having my mind read by Bob's drunken Biata.
*Asking for the sword from the necromancer in the field as Mort the Hobgoblin. *raises hand* "I'll take it!" "No, I'll take it, you don't even know how to use a sword." "I'LL LEARN."
*Crying on the inside as I spent everything I had on Hugh as a powerful lightning elemental and was beaten down.
*Getting my own little important plot role to hook the final battle as the necromancer traitor.

Unfortunately due to the long drive and nearly blowing out a lung running at altitude, I was out of it for most of the game. But while I was out and about, I really enjoyed RPing with everyone there. Y"all were friendly and great to game with.

I guess my favorite moment of the game was actually completing a module/quest without having to once swing a weapon or cast a spell. That type of conflict resolution always is a plus for me. Getting the Farmer's leg back via a game of chance fit that bill.

I also enjoyed dying and rezzung at the game in a semi-heroic, semi-stupid way. And even though my character was pissed about it for various reasons, the player had a blast with it.

I hope to head up north again for some other games but from now on, I'm going to be flying. With current gas prices, it isn't much of a difference in cost these days. :)

Dueling with Polare, Hugh, and Avaran was so much fun.

Gnolls running in fear. "It's him, run!"

I had an amazing talk with his Excellency, Count Staldell. Jimmy's eye twitching when ever I said "Your Excellency" was awesome. His facial expression when I said that his actions bordered on treason was also priceless.

Eating with friends. Food prepared by Rollo.

Actually getting the townsfolk to agree and let the Barbarians help them. I swear that was almost as bad as pulling teeth.

Getting to play with Sean Metzler again, awesome as always.

*getting to see everyone again

*dueling Daylynn was a ton of fun, but the "WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY HUSBAND!?!" was even better.

*150 vengeance. In the dark. Off to the side. Around the corner. Over the river. Through the wood. Behind the bend...or something like that. Whew!

*The Impersonators were awesome.

*Zeke!

*The gas man; hurray for golems.

*Conversations with Slice and Krieger

*The book of wrong answers...

*Carmen's Barroness -- so nice...for a noble. ;)

*the political stuff

*lack of wraith king. ;)

Back