April 2016 Opener Favorites

Ok people I got in at 10 PM had to get up at 3 AM for work. I'm hurting, but thinking about this weekend makes it a good hurt. Lets start hearing your favorite things from this weekend.

Mine
1) Getting to be behind Monster Desk again. Been a while, was worried about the rust, but it seems some things you just do not lose.
2) How do you entertain the town when important meetings or modules are going? Pantherghast's Pantherghast's Pantherghast's and Dave DeMartino getting pissed every time his biata needed a celestial spell put on him so he can affect them. I know that RP pain from years of being LoJo!
3) "I need to speak to the Baron's, I bring gifts for them from Emporer Bernd Thrommel. He gives you these three slaves to do with as you please."
4) "You're Sir Amaranthus Landcharmer, oh I do have a message for you. How is his pet Jonothan doing?"
5) Being in charge of Monster Desk the best compliment to me about the event came from Kyle. "The lull's were timed perfectly." when you mess up you have too many lull's, it's also too easy to just keep action going continuously when you got NPC's wanting to go out, but it's really hard to get the right balance to put in action but give the PC's the appropriate time to think about what just got dropped in their laps before hitting them again.

This event was an interesting mix. I learned some things.

First off, I just wanna give a hand to the people that helped in the kitchen this event. We couldn't have done it without you, and if I hadn't gotten those helpers Sunday morning I would have probably just gone insane. Thank you, all of you.

Now, on to favorites:

1) Finding enough Vorpal Serious coated quivers to survive the event, that was a happy coincidence. I have a feeling that the encounter with 4-5 ghasts would have gone much less well, and been less motivational if I was throwing 10 less damage. Also Kar killed 4-5 ghasts, without falling, or getting more aid than an elemental blade from her friends. Slowly getting better is a very satisfying thing.
2) Talks with Dame Kailani in the kitchen.
3) Getting to bring Sir Amaranthus into a mental counselling session, and then hearing that we helped the character progress. THE BEST FEELS.
4) "You can't break it(a set of mental traps) Kar" "Try me". I don't get to flex her mental powers very frequently, and it was very satisfying.
5) as much as I hate to admit it the Venificus have a good idea with Stone Elf Biata interrogation pairs, it slowly becomes more and more apparent the more mental RP I get to go through with Sir Amaranthus.
6) KAR HAS A GREAT GREAT GRAND NIECE. Getting to go into mom/head of family mode was bizarre. Having a younger member of the family also lets other people put her foot in her mouth for her, such as when my sweet sweet Jili decided to call Sir Amaranthus 'Uncle'.
7) "Is that Kar?" 'yes' "We have to get to her"
8) Hearing that while Kar was calmly panicking about Dame Kailani and Sir Amaranthus being safe, but also trying to survive and figure out what happened (and getting repeatedly lifed and turned undead) Sir Amaranthus was also trying hard not to think about if Kar was still alive and trying not to die. The little things that warm my heart.
9) getting to be useful in calming people in Castle Idallon, and getting serious about it on the second time around
10) "AT ALL TIMES"
11) Watching Raven almost cry because Kar almost died in front of him, as he left her in a ward she wasn't invested in and tried to hide her in a wall.
12)ERMAGERD RADICAL DRYADS
13) "Are you really worried about my safety?" "No we're worried about the safety of your people"

I have the memory capacity of a sieve, so I'm sure there are great things that happened that I just can't recall right now. It was fun to play with everyone again.

A#1: The folks back stage. From the old fuddy duddies, to the new crop of energizer bunnies, great job, let's do it again. Bring you friends!!!!

Others:
Thessi: "I summon a Force to Disarm your weapon"
Larien: "Disarm my What"!!
Thessi: "I Curse you with Paralysis"
Larien *Eyes stuck half rolled up as if to say, yep saw that coming*

Rochambeau with Will over who got to Pantherghast Biata next.

Not getting knifed as the Ogre

Talking Magic Theory with Quo Jen Wu (yes I mispelled it)

Getting absolutely blindsided by Alto, Cuar, and Quo Jen Wu (yes I mispelled it again, I'm tired sue me). Well done gentlemen, well done!

All the new faces on all sides of the fence

Annual Joe Siegel Pie mod, and having to put it out as treasure twice for it to get looted.

Realizing how much fun this season is going to be. See you all again soon!

Joe Siegel
Some random guy who does stuff.

I mean come on.... how baller were all those new NPCs. These guys are seriously the heros here, they picked up everything so fast and whipped our asses, hats off to you guys!

Favorites in no particular order...
- Baron empty promise and baron bad news
- crawling on my hands and knees in the dark disabling traps, sooo excited to use ledg skills
- showing a thessi wave how fat bottom pyramids work. " ...idk man they started talking about wierd feather bondage so I had to shut that down asap"
- probably setting a new alliance record for filling a Mod hook, when henry comes down the hill to where the hoblings had gathered and asks "who wants to make a ton of money and break into a thessi treassure cache?". *que hoblings running back up the hill almost faster then he can get the word treasure out *
- everything Monty .... all of it for ever
-4 clocks for the price of 3.... which aparently is a platinum
- becoming Vry's official scribe. Anyway here's wonderwall
- Biata translations with zat ...hartar, poor little hartar
-that infernal apple cypher. Murphy was seconds away from setting the tavern ablaze
-hal always being such a good sport with our human impressions and threats on his life
-aparently hanging out with vry around a fire instantly turns murphy into a pyromaniac ... thats going to be a problem
-the slave murphy freeman
- evaporating pantherghasts with the sheer presence that is Murph dog
- hopping fence and facilitating "date night " with ket and kai
- i mean cmon... how legit are jeremy and brit as eco-tereorists ... I definitly need an adult .
-friday night rituals muahahaha
-the real MVP avernorn babysitting the fire so we diddnt have to put it out... not all heros wear capes , well ok he wears a cape but thats not the point ...

Hats off to my fellow staff for being such an awesome group of people. Thats all i can remember now but im sure I will remember more so I will add later

In the order they pop into my head:

The closing spectacle- the dryads did a great job, and the mechanism was way cool. So glad we got ready for that hard exit. It was a nice touch running up the hill shouting "Merrick, go get our stuff", and knowing it was rigged to go. Also, Sir Honorium "Come on, you really think two dryads can sink an island?"... ::earthquake::... "Ok, I'm starting to take them more seriously."

Early morning kitchen duty and formality talks with Sir Amaranthus. It was the first time we really talked. The look on JP's face when I pointed out to him after the event that Bill sat down WITH US was priceless. We were really happy.

Free the slaves mods. Awesome mods with direct, noticeable effects. You literally just saved 20 people. The fight was fun (undead fights are always more fun with an earth bow), the hidden treasure and key was cool, and bringing back sacks of grain was an awesome touch of realism. Again, Sir Amaranthus' expression was priceless "What is this???" It was all Alto's idea, too. "We are freeing all these people, we'd better feed them..."

The puzzle mod. I always fear those, but we had a good team. Cool way to entertain a bunch of PC's with 1 NPC.

Reactive plot. It was great getting status updates from Sir Honorium where we could tell our successes, and could see the impact on the overall story.

Being assigned to Lich squad for the final battle, even if we didn't need to do it. Yeah, its mostly because of the bow, but it's still flattering.

The Hospitality of Nordenn. It was a nice start- its pretty cool to play on a noble court and have people come up to you repeatedly with needs you can fulfill- gives you a feeling of success. Sometimes its the little things.

Roleplay with Kialda. of course. always.

Roleplay with my team. It was our first real event together as the new Court of Nordenn. I don't know about you guys, but I think we gelled really well.

Flattery. From the random "I love your elf" to JP and Brian's "Your belt doesn't match. We need to fix that, like, now." My self esteem always needs help, so thanks all.

There's still tons more, so don't feel bad if I left you out.

I never post in these things because I always let too much time pass and I forget stuff, so I'm posting early this time. In no particular order:

One is the loneliest number. Seriously, I don't think I've ever fought a pantherghast when there was another kin around. Getting to fight five in one wave battle by myself (and two at once at one point) was a first though. I know there were a couple others in the same boat as me. I think I had to dump like 5 spells into the one before that prison stuck. My legs felt like jello by the end of that battle and it was indeed awesome.

Roleplay with Alda at the beginning and throughout the gather was amazing. If there's one thing Cyno is skilled at it's listening. Hopefully it helped a bit.

Nighttime scramble to find Ket and Kai, only to split the town up and have it nearly destroyed by gryphons. Searching down by the stream with Peverell and Bullie (forgive my spelling, I'm awful with names) while hearing the town being destroyed was particularly awful. Sneaking with them back up to town was terrifying. Prisoning an undead that spotted us to shut up the combat (thanks Mike!) and the mad dash to our ward.

Interactions with Baron Ag were pretty cool. Cyno respects him a lot.

New people! I often feel like I don't get to interact with enough people, but this event I felt differently. The group from Ohio was awesome, and somehow on that after-breakfast mod we went on together I ended up being the highest level character. That was a new feeling. Let's see how pitifully I remember your names: Tal, Vincer?, Z (forget your full name)

New court member, yay! Interactions with Hal were awesome and I look forward to getting to know you better.

Mage's guild finally starting to get back into the swing of things. The morning meeting was fun, and I enjoyed meeting all the people who wanted to join... Seraph, Samantha, Kar's distant niece (sorry, I'm just awful with names), Roon, and some regulars

Ecoterrorist Dryads, what!? Awesome job guys. The mad scramble to get to the castle was exhausting, but fun. Saving and gathering the loot and dashing madly to the castle. Good times.

Kailani. Enough said. Please stop giving Cyno panic attacks

That damn apple cipher! I need to know what it said! Did we ever figure it out? Was it even anything important? Maddening!

Well that's all I can think of for now and the list is long enough anyways. Thanks to everyone though who made the weekend rock!

Just an amazing weekend with great people on both sides. Great job to everyone!!
My favorites in no particular order:
Bank heist mod and having all the hobblings.it felt fitting.and having no game plan but kick the door in and finding how bad of an idea it was.

Friday nights many attempts of Murphy getting artalon to killing blow him for test purposes.

Finding out I'm going to have a neighbor when I move back into Entholm.

After killing npc after npc and none dropping loot.when one finally did.I got too excited.

Hal talking about his water around his neck and asking what else he would have in in.I just say "kool-aid?" And the look on his face.
The riddle mod. Such a simple mod but fun.and tom in his own words almost ******* up his own mod.
The thessi human farm just walking up to armed ppl and sitting down like nothing was wrong.and the look on Kits face when he found out she wasn't a slave.
So much more.I can't wait for next time.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

Just an amazing weekend with great people on both sides. Great job to everyone!!
My favorites in no particular order:
Bank heist mod and having all the hobblings.it felt fitting.and having no game plan but kick the door in and finding how bad of an idea it was.

Friday nights many attempts of Murphy getting artalon to killing blow him for test purposes.

Finding out I'm going to have a neighbor when I move back into Entholm.

After killing npc after npc and none dropping loot.when one finally did.I got too excited.

Hal talking about his water around his neck and asking what else he would have in in.I just say "kool-aid?" And the look on his face.
The riddle mod. Such a simple mod but fun.and tom in his own words almost ******* up his own mod.
The thessi human farm just walking up to armed ppl and sitting down like nothing was wrong.and the look on Kits face when he found out she wasn't a slave.
So much more.I can't wait for next time.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

The bank heist mod came from Henry saying I'd really like to see a treasure chest full of money and me and Tom looking at each other saying "We can make that happen."

Let me start by thanking everyone for an awesome event, both PCs and NPCs alike made my first experience at HQ awesome! I appreciate how welcoming everyone was. As for favorites, in no particular order:

1) Getting back to the Alliance rules set. I missed the game and am glad I came to HQ for my return!
2) Bank heist mod, who doesn't love chests full of money? Most importantly I loved the hook for this mod "who wants to make money?" Followed by us hoblings already being halfway to the mod site, "what's taking so long?"
3) Meeting tons of new people, seriously everyone was great.
4) Getting cheered for when my "2 normal" from behind provided just enough of a distraction for a real rogue to do the dirty work, take that pantherghast!
5) Breakfast in the tavern followed by second breakfast in the Healer's Guild. Delicious.
6) Hiding in the Healer 's Guild while the more seasoned heroes fought the big baddies. Cowardice saves lives people.

Thanks again to everyone, I'm sure I have more but that will do it for now.

Looking forward to May!

OOG: Charles
IG: Vinser Coznar

Great weekend. The first time I was really amped up to the point of having my hands shake since my first event. Pantherghast making it almost imposable to guard my charge. Pantherghast are no fun but the Elves were out in force. Gryphons are even less fun. Dave, One day I will see you someplace that isn't behind me. Interviews for the healers guild. I am not much help but they are always fun.

NPCs. You rocked as usual, even to the wee hours. To both the full timers and fence hoppers, Thank you very much. There is no game without you all. Good combat and rp.

Plot and writers. Great finish to an arc and I can't wait to see what this season holds.

Fellow PCs. It is a pleasure to play with all of you in this game that we all love. The tensions and connections. The plotting and the planning. I am glad that I chose this game going on three seasons ago now.

Hopefully I will see you all in May.

John

Back