April 523 Rumors

Gandian Ravenscroft

Knight
Chicago Staff
Marshal
“The Aquavian Cabal went from ‘kinda weird, but alright’ to ‘public enemy number one’ practically overnight. Now everywhere they pop up, trouble - and water - ain’t far behind.”

-

“It was nice of Lady Bancroft to send us those shipments of beef from Cinem. I’m glad that the nobility from other Duchies are extending their generosity.”

-

“I was chatting with one of those Pale Navy crews in the harbor the other night. As if they didn’t have enough problems with all these storms and the seas getting choppier, those toothy fishfolk have been getting bolder, openly raiding and sinking more and more of the Navy’s vessels. They obviously didn’t really show it, but I could tell they were pretty nervous about it all.”

-

“Apparently some establishment called ‘D&D’s Delightful Discoveries’ is coming to Atupal soon. I wonder what’ll be for sale.”

-

“Did you see all those flashing lights coming from The Tempest’s manor? I don't know what experiments she’s been doing this month.”

-

“A couple of mean-lookin’ folks asked me where they could find the School of the Mandrake, but if I’m honest, I don’t even know what a Mandrake is.”

-

“With all the rain we’ve gotten lately, I’m surprised there have been so many small grass fires popping up. Dang kids need to stop lighting candles in the middle of fields!”

-

“I think my uncle has a drinking problem. He’s been drinking so much it’s leaking out of his eyes.”

-

“I heard that The Lich Green has been sighted again after fifty years!”

“Wouldn’t ‘The Green Lich’ be the proper way to say it?”

“Beats me. I heard it as ‘The Lich Green’.”

-

“The Second Finger of the Grasp is a jerk.”

“They’re the middle finger, what do you expect?”

-

“Did you know that sharks have to keep swimming, otherwise they can’t breathe and they die?”

“That’s actually not true of all sharks. It only applies for shark species incapable of buccal pumping, like mako sharks, or great whites.”

“..........huh. I’ll take the partial win on my cool fact, I suppose.”

-

“Did you see those strange footprints outside town?”

“You mean the three huge claws on one side, and the three tiny claws on the other?”

“Yeah, I wonder what could cause such a weird trail.”

-

“Do horses swim? I could have sworn I saw some splashing around in the seaweed in Honey Lake.”

-

“Baron Stone-Smelt has returned! Rock and Stone!”

-

“Bob…what happened to you?”

“I swear, I’m going to quit! Just drown all the brats for all I care. I’m done! No more!”

-

“I heard they were planning to have dancing at the zoo.”

“Na, couldn’t find someone to lay down a beat.”

“Did they try not to break the bard's instruments for dramatic effect?”

-

“What're those strange creatures wandering the back alleys of Diregrasp? Looked like statues, but I thought statues were illegal within city limits.”

“No clue, but you would think whoever made them would find a better material to hold them together.”

-

“Who steals sweets from orphans?”

-

“Did you go to the zoo to see the Tigers?”

-

“Apparently there’s people up on Atupal who might be signing up for the Auditorium of Oracle.”

“Remind me to plant more tomatoes.”

Back