April Event Favorites

Lurin

Duke
Post your April event favorites here! (obviously....)

I think my favorite spot this time out was some PC on PC interplaying involving necromancy (alas details would be telling!)

Yeah, don't blow an incant by swapping out "cause" for "cure". Bad things happen. :p

Also, I didn't have the presence of mind to point out that I didn't even know there was a difference between "chaos" and "earth" to call a spell like that (I was under the assumption that "calling upon earth to cause light wounds" was just what you said to harm undead, not that you still said "cure"). I didn't know that using earth counts as necromancy, and I didn't even know there was such a thing as a chaos incant. Just thought things could do chaos damage. Still learning the ropes. :/

-Artinious

I know Art did not mean to cast necromancy, but I'm also pretty sure he blew the spell incant anyway and that was overlooked. I really enjoyed watching Art get seriously scolded though. Wonko wasn't about to point out the mis-cast spell and save Art the discomfort.

McGregor's Favorites:

1) Taunting a lich never gets boring "Oh, I'm sorry, did I just kill your minion?!!!" and "Remember my name, the name's McGregor!!!"
(yeah this is gonna come back and bite me later :D )
2) Saying "Move it Wonko!" with a straight face (Wonko was a character's name)
3) RP'ing with all the new people!!!
4) Working our way though the lich's wards (very cool mod) that challenged how we thought about the game!
5) Lunch! - Baked Ziti with crumbled johnsonville sausage and homemade marinara sauce...mmmmm (yes I am plugging myself thank you very much!)
6) RP'ing with all the farmers that came in and dissemminating kernals of information to players who asked.
7) The in-game gazette!
8) All the awesome NPC's who made the event possible! THANK YOU!!!

-Ryan

Favorites from Hengin:

1) Getting my book stolen and beating on a MWE when he 'mocked me'...while walking through a crowd of his friends...just waiting to get rofl beat.
2) Giving that MWE a magic item, than trying to tell one of his companions to Pin him!
3) All the fantastic RP!
- The 3 Barbarian Brothers Dangleberry.
- Learning about what a Dryad is...not a tree i guess *shrugs*
- Getting to mispronounce names like "Anus" and no one correcting the 'barbarian'
- Learning that Koala is Kovu of the Koala (Pronounced Kwala)!
- Rehabilitating a Bandit with Mara...
- And much much more!
4) Seeing the look on Ryans face as McGregor as I gave him almost all my coin.
5) Last but not least...my FAVORITE...Buying 8 stone bolt scrolls for 13 copper, walking up to Thaq and saying "Ok I have some, its time to learn"...Than preceding to learn level 1 of Celestial as a Barbarian...so much fun RP!

Thanks you all the NPC's and plot that made this event happen! Thanks to all the new players that turned out, I hope you had a great time and come to the May Weekend event!

-Brent

I actually have two favs for that event. One is when I was a bandit and ran from the back to the front and into the tavern grabed another sword and hacked my way out the back door but was quickly chased down and beat to death... Good times!!! :D And my other fav. part was try to talk with hengin(not doing so well either) and a fellow bandit jumped him and he ran off with his bag...hehe

Here's my Favorites list -

1) All the roleplaying Volpe's learning of the common tongue which lead to so many humorously confusing moments such as: Calling Hengin "Dinner", calling Iganeous "Dwarf" because he didn't bother to teach me his name, calling McGregor "Mac" because he was having a hard time teaching it to me and having someone behind me wonder outloud "Think I should teach Volpe to call him Big Mac?", and later having McGregor tell me that the name for Hengin's pouch was called "his stuff" thus causing so many other PCs to mightily object with "My Stuff!" whenever I referred to their pouches that way.

2) Standing "guard" over the other dwarf (Sorry, I forgot your In Character name!) and watching him get all worried about a nearby bandit.

3) Sticking my snout into Tac's conveniently positioned pouch while he was bending over and causing Jamina to burst into laughter.

4) Having Mara Glenbeck(Joy Nelson) rescue me in a nick of time while in the Frog Cave module. (Now that's being the hero!)

5) Getting away with calling the Barbarians "Barbies" and no one really noticing. (LOL!)

6) Ordering food (with some difficulties) from McGregor when Hengin brashly interrupts shooing me away before I paid. ;)

7) Roleplaying Volpes' attempts to figure out why everyone seemed to be obsessed with collecting coins.

8) Having more than one person come rushing up to me and pantomime or ask me to refit their armor. (Volpe can't) But particularly some of the looks I got as I simply shook my head.

9) One of times I walked around the corner of the tavern by myself, spotting some NPCs & turning, pointing towards them and having a proverbial gaggle of adventurers go charging after them before I said anything.

10) And of course, getting into more than one staring match with an NPC as I sniffed them over and not getting killed for it!

Back